Special Sauce at 4

Kid is a lock at 4.  Thibs and Hutch will be gone.  Davis resigned with Bucs and Jackson signed with Chargers. Those were the top 2 cb’s. Drafting Sauce would be a smart move on JD’s part. Signing Tomlinson takes the guard Ekowa ? ? ? out the picture. Just looks like it’s shaping out that way. We have to get a shutdown type CB and Sauce is perfect for Saleh’s system. JD could even trade back a bit at 4 and still snag Special Sauce. I look for JD to focus on defense this draft - CB/LB/edge/safety then throw in a TE (McBride or Kolar or Rucker). Would love to get the Bama RB Robinson to pair with Carter. Gonna be a special sauce draft.

• Upvote 2

im not sure about that cause we do need a WR and i dont think we get one this week at 10.

we can live with Hall MC2 and Echols, we can live without an Edge. even if Thibs and Hutch are gone we need to pick the next best one regardless of if its too high for them.

we will find out in the next few days if JD gets a starting CB cause Hall and MC2 are starters. then i have no idea what the pick will be but it wont be CB or OL. 

Joe Douglas has some big decisions to make. If we go Gardner at 4 followed by say Jermaine Johnson at #10, we will have to hope for a guy like Olave to drop to the 2nd round. If we go say Garrett Wilson at 10, then hopefully a guy like Boye Mafe is available in the 2nd.

I would consider trading back into the 1st round and grab Gardner/Johnson/WIlson in the 1st then go home and celebrate. Our 2 second rounders can probably get us to the mid teens.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Joe Douglas has some big decisions to make. If we go Gardner at 4 followed by say Jermaine Johnson at #10, we will have to hope for a guy like Olave to drop to the 2nd round. If we go say Garrett Wilson at 10, then hopefully a guy like Boye Mafe is available in the 2nd.

I would consider trading back into the 1st round and grab Gardner/Johnson/WIlson in the 1st then go home and celebrate. Our 2 second rounders can probably get us to the mid teens.

I like the Gardner-Johnson combo. Any love for Dotson from PSU? Seems like he has a good body of work. Late 1st - early 2nd round guy. Don't see Olave slipping in a range in which we can afford to move up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, genot said:

Walker at #4. McDuffie at #10. Gardner isn't the only impact corner in this draft. I know the sauce thing is appealing,, but let's not get carried away.

Carried away? Says the guy who wants to take the 4th/5th ranked cb at 10.  McDuffie is good but there are 4 or 5 cb’s that will be drafted before him. 

29 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Sauce is the pick at 4. Everyone should focus on # 10 because that is the only question mark.

If JD takes Sauce at 4, then 10 becomes a real teaser. JD can just about go wherever his heart is pounding. Trade back, WR, Edge.  This draft is gonna rock

6 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Carried away? Says the guy who wants to take the 4th/5th ranked cb at 10.  McDuffie is good but there are 4 or 5 cb’s that will be drafted before him. 

I don't want him at 10. We should trade back and take him. After Gardner and Stingley. He's the guy I would pick. Excellent in a zone scheme. Stingley to much of a risk.After Gardner and Stingley , there are 2 or three other corners who could be drafted first or last. Depends on if the team drafting him thinks he fits the scheme.

17 minutes ago, genot said:

I don't want him at 10. We should trade back and take him. After Gardner and Stingley. He's the guy I would pick. Excellent in a zone scheme. Stingley to much of a risk.After Gardner and Stingley , there are 2 or three other corners who could be drafted first or last. Depends on if the team drafting him thinks he fits the scheme.

You did. 
Walker at #4. McDuffie at #10. Gardner isn't the only impact corner in this draft. I know the sauce thing is appealing,, but let's not get carried away.

6789D9F9-2C1C-4A43-990D-FB9FF3C488E4.gif

9 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

You did. 
Walker at #4. McDuffie at #10. Gardner isn't the only impact corner in this draft. I know the sauce thing is appealing,, but let's not get carried away.

6789D9F9-2C1C-4A43-990D-FB9FF3C488E4.gif

Dude. I was giving my view as to priorities. Fortifying our d-line, is the most important  thing for us, this off season. Now more than ever. I thought we'd sign D.J Jones to replace Foley. He signed with Denver. Boo.

• Post of the Week 1

WR class is deep. No point in drafting shifty speedy route tree guy at 10 when same player is available round 2 and 3.

Jets CBS are actually decent. It’s the pass rush and trenches that need most help. Would not be surprised by a 2nd round RB named Breese either… 

4 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Kid is a lock at 4.  Thibs and Hutch will be gone.  Davis resigned with Bucs and Jackson signed with Chargers. Those were the top 2 cb’s. Drafting Sauce would be a smart move on JD’s part. Signing Tomlinson takes the guard Ekowa ? ? ? out the picture. Just looks like it’s shaping out that way. We have to get a shutdown type CB and Sauce is perfect for Saleh’s system. JD could even trade back a bit at 4 and still snag Special Sauce. I look for JD to focus on defense this draft - CB/LB/edge/safety then throw in a TE (McBride or Kolar or Rucker). Would love to get the Bama RB Robinson to pair with Carter. Gonna be a special sauce draft.

Who gets Lettuce and Cheese /

I like the player, and he would be a good pick, but can we please make a pact never, ever, ever to use his nickname again once he is drafted?

"Sauce" is mentioned more times in this forum than it is in the Heinz corporate plan. You can have too much sauce, people.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I like the player, and he would be a good pick, but can we please make a pact never, ever, ever to use his nickname again once he is drafted?

"Sauce" is mentioned more times in this forum than it is in the Heinz corporate plan. You can have too much sauce, people.

If you think for one minute I won't be saying "That WR is covered in Sauce" you have seriously underestimated my maturity.

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

If you think for one minute I won't be saying "That WR is covered in Sauce" you have seriously underestimated my maturity.

He had Sauce all over him on that play ...

Sauce Island???

So long as no-one burns the Sauce!! :D