Jet's and Julio Down by the School Yard

Jet's need some help in many places and I'm not going to address what they do with their top two picks as they can go in many directions...although it would not be smart to pass on Kyle Hamilton. That said, The Jets should add a veteran WR like Julio Jones to the roster on a one-year flyer to help mentor the young WR's, add some depth to help Sir Zach to grow, and follow that up by adding a WR with their #35 pick (or #38). It's a deep WR class so there should be plenty to choose from at either spot. 

What do you all think?

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

7 hours ago, The Bean said:

Jet's need some help in many places and I'm not going to address what they do with their top two picks as they can go in many directions...although it would not be smart to pass on Kyle Hamilton. That said, The Jets should add a veteran WR like Julio Jones to the roster on a one-year flyer to help mentor the young WR's, add some depth to help Sir Zach to grow, and follow that up by adding a WR with their #35 pick (or #38). It's a deep WR class so there should be plenty to choose from at either spot. 

What do you all think?

Sir Zach?

btw, don’t feel bad about getting a ?from skeptable on your first post here at JN. He’s not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I don’t agree with your take on Julio, but I’ll leave you an upvote anyway just to cancel out the neg that Patriot fan left you.

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, The Bean said:

It's a deep WR class so there should be plenty to choose from at either spot. 

If Dotson gets selected prior to our picks then I really don’t see any good candidates at WR atleast for our situation to make an impact right away. Yes Rodgers or Mahomes can pretty much make any of these dudes 1,000 yard reciever however we'll need a more polish prospect. 

8 hours ago, The Bean said:

What do you all think?

I probably shouldn’t have manually approved your membership? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

If Dotson gets selected prior to our picks then I really don’t see any good candidates at WR atleast for our situation to make an impact right away. Yes Rodgers or Mahomes can pretty much make any of these dudes 1,000 yard reciever however we'll need a more polish prospect. 

I heard on Daniel Jeremiah's podcast that, with the amount WRs are getting paid and the amount they're bringing back in trades, there could be 6-7 WRs taken in the 1st round now.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, The Bean said:

What do you all think?

Please, no more washed up WR's. Been there, done that.

9 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Yes, it is. It's not top heavy, there's no Chase or even Waddle in this group. But you'll get startable WRs into the mid-rounds

I don't consider the likes of David Bell and Jahan Dotson, #1 receivers. After Watson the talent drops.

Wilson, Williams, London, Olave, Watson & Burkes. 6 guys imo, who have a *shot* of being that guy. None of them a lock. 

If you want an impact WR this year, you're getting them in rd1. 

1 hour ago, freestater said:

I don't consider the likes of David Bell and Jahan Dotson, #1 receivers. After Watson the talent drops.

Wilson, Williams, London, Olave, Watson & Burkes. 6 guys imo, who have a *shot* of being that guy. None of them a lock. 

If you want an impact WR this year, you're getting them in rd1. 

They're not No 1s. But that's a different standard than "is the class deep" (which is more "are there a lot of guys likely to have meaningful nfl careers") 

12 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Julio's been washed up for a bit now. He should probably retire. Even when he played he limped around and was questionable all the time.

I wouldn't mind seeing Julio play with Aaron. If there is anything left, then I will promise you that Aaron will bring it out of him. Aaron and Julio both love to be doubted. Would be fun to see these 2 "washed up" old timers proving the doubters wrong in 2022. 

The Packers will for sure draft a couple WR's, but it is never a bad thing to have some veteran leadership in that WR room. Randall Cobb and Julio would bring that.

Gute(GM Brian Gutekunst) is working on things as we speak. Has a number of options. The current WR room in Green Bay is not a finished product. Those knocking it now may have a different view come late August.

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I heard on Daniel Jeremiah's podcast that, with the amount WRs are getting paid and the amount they're bringing back in trades, there could be 6-7 WRs taken in the 1st round now.

I strongly believe that as well and when those guys disappear I don't see a guy that can make an impact rookie season when factoring our situation. 

London, Williams, Wilson, Burke and Olave  seem to be locks. Datson seems highly possible with Watson being a wildcard. If that was to go down we'll be screwed as far as getting a 2nd round impact guy unless we participated in trading back in the 1st to snatch one of these guys. We'll have to trade ahead of the Packers and Chiefs if that was the plan. 

5 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

They're not No 1s. But that's a different standard than "is the class deep" (which is more "are there a lot of guys likely to have meaningful nfl careers") 

Ok. Then we're arguing two different things. I'm completely content with our depth at WR. It's the top of the depth chart i think needs improvement.