### The Official Round One Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You’re going to shower love on Becton all the way up until 9:30 tonight when they trade him.

I'll bet anything Becton doesnt get traded.  

Best part is if we did, whoever we draft to replace Becton will get trashed here anyway.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Seems the reports that the Lions were set on Thibodeaux were completely predicated on Hutchinson going 1st.

They’re gonna take Hutch and the elite pass rushing prospect that falls to the Jets is the one we refuse to take. I actually think we may pass on him twice.

If we take Jermaine Johnson either at 4 or 10 with Thibs on the board I think it will be something we’ll regret for a decade. Johnson feels like the Clelin Ferrell of this draft.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Outside of QB pretty much the same thing with most drafts.

Last year, it was pretty obvious who the top TE, top WR, top OT, and top CB were.

In 2020, the top 2 were the top 2 by a mile and the WRs were as expected save the Raiders doing Raider things.

In 2019, the top 3 went pretty much as scripted

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I also remember reading that the 2017 draft class was super weak up top, especially at QB 

color me skeptical about most conventional wisdom. It’s all guesswork. 

I do remember hearing that re: QB.  However, this years QB hype is far weaker, no?  3 QBs still went in the top 12 in 17.  Think that happens this year?

Also, in 17, there was a clear cut #1 as well.

I'm not saying all these players will be a bust, I'm very specifically responding to the notion that 'you can't screw this up,' as I see it as, perhaps easier, to screw up than some other drafts where you have this kind of ammo.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

That feeling when Hutch goes #1 and Thibs goes #2 and you realize you were gulping down all the pre-draft bullcrap over the last week for nothing....

Priceless.

But really you got to love those who actually went out on a limb and have Hutch>Sauce at #4.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Last year, it was pretty obvious who the top TE, top WR, top OT, and top CB were.

In 2020, the top 2 were the top 2 by a mile and the WRs were as expected save the Raiders doing Raider things.

In 2019, the top 3 went pretty much as scripted

And how do those picks work out at the end of the day?

I dont see a whole lot of difference with the top OT's and CB's.  I get the TE and will see with the WRs.  We had one turn in a huge year in Cincy and the rest are good.  

9 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Seems the reports that the Lions were set on Thibodeaux were completely predicated on Hutchinson going 1st.

They’re gonna take Hutch and the elite pass rushing prospect that falls to the Jets is the one we refuse to take. I actually think we may pass on him twice.

If we take Jermaine Johnson either at 4 or 10 with Thibs on the board I think it will be something we’ll regret for a decade. Johnson feels like the Clelin Ferrell of this draft.

Theres no clear cut top EDGE so you can say this about whoever we take or dont take.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I do remember hearing that re: QB.  However, this years QB hype is far weaker, no?  3 QBs still went in the top 12 in 17.  Think that happens this year?

Also, in 17, there was a clear cut #1 as well.

I'm not saying all these players will be a bust, I'm very specifically responding to the notion that 'you can't screw this up,' as I see it as, perhaps easier, to screw up than some other drafts where you have this kind of ammo.

Oh yeah, the Jets can definitely (and probably will) screw this up. 

But I also think this draft is strong up top at the major position that they need - edge. Wouldn't mind taking two of them if a Deebo trade doesn't happen. 

I don't want an OT at 4, but I suspect that will happen if Hutch isn't there. 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Oh yeah, the Jets can definitely (and probably will) screw this up. 

But I also think this draft is strong up top at the major position that they need - edge. Wouldn't mind taking two of them if a Deebo trade doesn't happen. 

I don't want an OT at 4, but I suspect that will happen if Hutch isn't there. 

As long as they don't trade Elijah Moore and a high pick for Deebo, I'm good with whatever they do at WR.  Just need to add talent.  I'd take the blown up ACL guy at 10.  Team needs a home run.  That may be it's best shot.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Do you disagree that there are more ??? at the top of this draft than usual, and no top tier QB to push other players down?  Just based on what you've read during 'draft season?'

From what I've read and seen at combine there is a general consensus that the top of the draft is underwhelming but I have faith we will be getting a stud at 4 (Sauce/Hutch) and potentially using 10 as trade bait to Sf or Sea..  worst case they can draft Jameson as I'm praying the London crap is smoke.

Since the draft is supposedly deep at Edge they can use one of their 2nds or trade back up to low 20s high teens if a guy like jj still there.

I'm actually pretty excited given how many possibilities there are.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ZachEY said:

As long as they don't trade Elijah Moore and a high pick for Deebo, I'm good with whatever they do at WR.  Just need to add talent.  I'd take the blown up ACL guy at 10.  Team needs a home run.  That may be it's best shot.

I'm with you. Williams would be my WR1, but I don't see them going there. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pac said:

From what I've read and seen at combine there is a general consensus that the top of the draft is underwhelming but I have faith we will be getting a stud at 4 (Sauce/Hutch) and potentially using 10 as trade bait to Sf or Sea..  worst case they can draft Jameson as I'm praying the London crap is smoke.

Since the draft is supposedly deep at Edge they can use one of their 2nds or trade back up to low 20s high teens if a guy like jj still there.

I'm actually pretty excited given how many possibilities there are.

I'm excited too, if only for the amount of top picks.  But, I don't think we'll take the CB, this defense historically doesn't rely on top CBs.  I get that Ikey will be a very likeable player and probably a good one, but I hate this notion that we're already in a position to replace Becton and doing so with a high pick.  Agreed I hope a WR who won't run the 40 isn't our pick - I'd take ACL guy if he's there too.  2nd round has a lot of possibilities so I'm probably most excited there.

• Upvote 1

If these rumors come true I’ll just accept that NFL GMs are idiots.

Hutchinson gives you production + process+ athleticism. He should be a no brainer.

Gardner has 3 years of dominant tape and physical testing that eliminates the one concern people had of him. He might not go before Stingley who has been injured for most of 2 years.

Drake London has every predictive analysis in his favor telling you he’s a lock to at least be a good starter. Breakout year, dominator, and production point to a high floor. Yet some are predicting a guy who couldn’t beat press coverage should go before him. 

This draft stuff is easy sometimes.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

The point is, I don't agree with the post that said, "this draft is impossible to screw up."  Not sure why that's such a controversial take.

Who said it was controversial?  Its possible to screw up and and every draft which was my point

17 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Oh yeah? 

"A coach" huh lol? 

What? Some rando coach at a rando high school in boontuckey Iowa? 

The sh*t these guys post on Twitter sometimes is laughable. Just add a big god damn sign that says...

"Hey i really want more followers, but idk sh*t, so I made something slightly believable up, that if I happen to get right, I can point back to and say that i had inside info"

If SEA did in fact call the Jets maybe Becton and 38 could get DK..  I remember a couple years ago Carroll was marveling at Bectons size during a mic'd up segment when Jets played Hawks.

Draft icky/cross, trade Becton and 38 for DK.

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Oh yeah? 

"A coach" huh lol? 

What? Some rando coach at a rando high school in boontuckey Iowa? 

The sh*t these guys post on Twitter sometimes is laughable. Just add a big god damn sign that says...

"Hey i really want more followers, but idk sh*t, so I made something slightly believable up, that if I happen to get right, I can point back to and say that i had inside info"

The coach from Canarsie HS ?

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

This is a Draft even Maccagnan couldn’t fook up. So I’m waiting to see how we can.

Let me stop you right there; in fact Maccagnan could f__ this up. We have receipts, evidence, LEGION empty DnD cups, FACTS. 

This post could be grounds for a permanent banning. or paying SARS's monthly nut. 

2 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Anyone know what's on the Hallmark Channel tonight? Looking for something to watch later.

No need. The Jets will find a way to make you collapse in a heap, weeping, probably by pick #10. 

• Haha 1