Merged Becton Threads

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

What is this nonsense about proving "haters" whoever they are wrong?  The guy has a boss in Saleh and Douglas.  He has a responsability to himself and his team mates if and when he's ready to go. 

You hope as a professional football player he has a commitment to being a pro and if he's lucky enjoying being a pro.  This proving your haters wrong seems like the worst of all motivations.  He's got a great job that pays well playing a kids game.  It's a hard job but if you have the ability and you recognize the opportunity that's great  motivation. 

Nobody hates Becton.  As Jets fans we know he's a piece of the success or failure of this team.  All we want is a professional football player to at least try and reach his potential and help the team win.  There's frustration because there's doubt.  Hate is crazy talk.  

Boomer doesn't strike me as a liar.  It doesn't matter, Becton has complete control over the Becton narative.  

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Was thinking how sensitive we as a society are to fat shaming.   Our country is obese yet we can’t say anything about it.   COVID hit the obese hard and yet nobody could say maintaining a healthy regimen of diet and exercise would be one of the best things to do to help fight the symptoms of the virus.   Obesity puts a person at risk for many ailments and diseases yet health insurance companies can’t rate people for being obese, they pay the same rates even though it is almost guaranteed they will require more services.  
I get it all it is a sensitive subject.   Having said all that if your job is a professional athlete I think it is perfectly reasonable to expect you to show up at a good weight to perform your job.   If you don’t I think it is perfectly fair for fans, media, etc to hold you accountable and make judgments about your discipline and commitment.   Doesn’t make any of us bad people.  

Back in the 90’s in pee wee they’d duct tape an X on your helmet if you didn’t meet weight. Could only have one “X” player on the field at at a time. I imagine that wouldn’t fly today.

1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

Well, you can definitely detect it during the presser, if you pay close attention.  But, Becton has been nasty to him on Twitter, and that’s being kind. Revis hated Cimini too, but this is a different level 

Thanks bro.  I don't do social media so the Twitter exchanges are new news to me. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/15/2022 at 11:58 AM, elvispookie said:

Jesus Christ these comments.  So rookie year.. everyone was saying how great he is for a rookie.. could be dominant.. blah blah.. he played what? 2 games last year? 3? AND NOW HE IS A DISASTER!!!!  I'll await your comment when you tell me you didn't think he was good in his rookie year and had a bad training camp last year.  This whole Becton crap is soooo stupid.  Let him play actual games... if he sucks.. good.  We will get rid of him.  But christ.. let him play for a bit.

mr burns who the devil are you GIF

Whelp... The thread title "BECTON SPEAKS" is a step in the right direction.  It could have been "BECTON EATS" instead.  

I strongly doubt he is going to be a player this season or any other season on any other roster, but I TRULY hope he really crushes it this season. 

• WTF? 1

18 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Whelp... The thread title "BECTON SPEAKS" is a step in the right direction.  It could have been "BECTON EATS" instead.  

I strongly doubt he is going to be a player this season or any other season on any other roster, but I TRULY hope he really crushes it this season. 

D42AEA90-91A0-4BBF-9A7A-BE170EB99E4D.png

On 6/15/2022 at 3:17 PM, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I'd love to see him maul some of his classless doubters on this board.  To be clear, not those who understandably have major questions about Becton's future but those who consistently make fat and lazy jokes.  I remember as a kid making a mistake and calling a kid fat who I soon learned was faster than me.  That did not end well.

I would grab the power cord to the video game console and ask him if he feels lucky.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Interesting take away 

Jokes aside, if he puts 10% of the effort he’s put into his hurt feelings into playing the game, he’ll be a HOFer.

When is the last time you recall an athlete having this big a reaction to fans razzing him?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Jokes aside, if he puts 10% of the effort he’s put into his hurt feelings into playing the game, he’ll be a HOFer.

When is the last time you recall an athlete having this big a reaction to fans razzing him?

I don’t but I suspect that it will become more and more common with the kids growing up with social media.  We’ve seen it before in baseball with players like Bauer. And basketball, was just a matter of time with football players

3 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Not exactly hard to read between the lines with Saleh on Becton.

He's out of shape but hey so what, he's still got 40 days.

... He had the entire off season. Actually, the entire season too. This man is a professional athlete. His body is his CAREER and an extremely lucrative one. He has access to the best nutrition science experts and personal chefs money can buy!

So what? He's still got 40 days ?! ? 

ffs 

57 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I don’t but I suspect that it will become more and more common with the kids growing up with social media.  We’ve seen it before in baseball with players like Bauer. And basketball, was just a matter of time with football players

Good point.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Three come to mind immediately. Richard Todd , Jack McDowell and most recently Julius Randle. Quite sure there are many many others that have reacted poorly to fans booing or their negative comments 

5 minutes ago, CSNY said:

And let’s not forget the Mets of last year (Baez,Lindor, Pillar and a few more)with the thumbs down to the fans where the front office made them apologize to the fan base 

Apples and oranges if you ask me. The Mets weren't sidelined and it wasn’t too a season-long spectacle of trolling. Booing is different than trolling and then a sensitive baby acting like he’s not triggered.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Apples and oranges if you ask me. The Mets weren't sidelined and it wasn’t too a season-long spectacle of trolling. Booing is different than trolling and then a sensitive baby acting like he’s not triggered.

Don’t agree. Regardless it’s the Same reactions from thin skinned athletes I really don’t see the difference between examples I proposed 

6 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Not exactly hard to read between the lines with Saleh on Becton.

He's out of shape but hey so what, he's still got 40 days.

Shoot man.  

That's the reason I think there could be credibility to boomers words. 

Saleh is a self proclaimed and obvious optimist but his reactions to Becton questions have been frustrated since last season. 

And advice for Becton, when your bosses bosses boss says "we'd love to have you here. We'll take care of you" well... you just get your fluffy ass on the next available flight. 

• Upvote 2