Treylon Burks -JD may have dodged a bullet here

I was interested in him (even after poor 40 time) had we traded back in the 1st round, but sounds like there are issues (health) with him.

Titans HC Mike Vrabel told reporters that WR Treylon Burks is "unavailable" for Titans minicamp.

Burks did not take part in minicamp on Tuesday and Wednesday, and also missed last week's open OTAs. It's unclear if Burks' absence is related to asthma, which he dealt with in early OTA sessions. Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer also reported that Burks "labored" through pre-draft private workouts. Titans WR coach Rob Moore told reporters before practice that Burks is "going to be fine... I'm pretty sure of that." Drafters seem more than "pretty sure" about Burks, taking the absent rookie as WR38 in early drafts.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I was interested in him (even after poor 40 time) had we traded back in the 1st round, but sounds like there are issues (health) with him.

Titans HC Mike Vrabel told reporters that WR Treylon Burks is "unavailable" for Titans minicamp.

Burks did not take part in minicamp on Tuesday and Wednesday, and also missed last week's open OTAs. It's unclear if Burks' absence is related to asthma, which he dealt with in early OTA sessions. Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer also reported that Burks "labored" through pre-draft private workouts. Titans WR coach Rob Moore told reporters before practice that Burks is "going to be fine... I'm pretty sure of that." Drafters seem more than "pretty sure" about Burks, taking the absent rookie as WR38 in early drafts.

I think conditioning was a flag with him predraft.

• Upvote 2

On 6/16/2022 at 3:06 PM, LionelRichie said:

I had no idea that Rob Moore was an NFL coach.  One of the great urban legends: “rob Moore you’re dead”

Was he the guy that cost us Brett Favre because we used a supplemental 1st rounder on him the year before which cost us our #1 the next year?  And we missed Favre by 1 pick in round 2?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Was he the guy that cost us Brett Favre because we used a supplemental 1st rounder on him the year before which cost us our #1 the next year?  And we missed Favre by 1 pick in round 2?

The Jets drafted Moore with a supplemental pick.  It was pick 7 or 9 of the 1st round. Favre went in the 2nd round. There is no way Favre is taken by the Jets in the early 1st round if the Jets did not use the pick on Moore.  

• Upvote 2

On 6/16/2022 at 1:29 PM, CTJetsFan said:

Burks was never in the Jets radar.

image.png.4a6d89f1e78385adc271de0a8fa6bd71.png

• Upvote 3

The Jets drafted Moore with a supplemental pick.  It was pick 7 or 9 of the 1st round. Favre went in the 2nd round. There is no way Favre is taken by the Jets in the early 1st round if the Jets did not use the pick on Moore.  

They could have possibly jumped Atlanta in the second. Wolf knew that the Falcons may draft him. Then Wolf goes to Green Bay and after Favre falters in Atlanta he makes a deal for Favre and the rest is history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

They could have possibly jumped Atlanta in the second. Wolf knew that the Falcons may draft him. Then Wolf goes to Green Bay and after Favre falters in Atlanta he makes a deal for Favre and the rest is history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolf wasn’t our GM Dick Steinberg was and loved Favre.  Steinberg tried to trade up and couldn’t.  Wolf was Steinberg asst and obviously was in agreement, as you said made the best move he could have only dreamed of