Michael Carter - Is he OK?

9 hours ago, slats said:

I don’t think Carter should be too concerned. Yes, he’s probably relegated to the #2 role this season, but he will have plenty of opportunities to eat, as he said. 

Last year, MC1 led all rushers with 147 carries. Ty Johnson and Tevin Coleman combined for about that amount. This year, I could see those carries breaking down somewhere along the lines of Hall getting 200 and Carter getting 100. That would be similar to the 49ers last year. The Jets drafted Hall to be their lead back, but they haven’t given up on the fresh legs committee approach as a result. MC1 will be a primary contributor on offense this season. Limiting his carries will lengthen his career. He should be happy. 

Even though Hall is also great receiver out of the backfield, so is Carter . While I see Hall getting the bulk of the carries like you do as well, I can also see Carter getting a good share of receptions . Carter is not nor will he ever be a workhorse Im sure he has to understand that and splitting time with Hall will lengthen both their careers and be much more beneficial to the team as well. There is also the chance we see a lot of 2 back sets Carter has to focus on every down he's in the game no matter what the assignment and everything will come into place while also making the best of every time he gets the football.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The only reason he shouldn’t post it is middle-aged men and their unwavering need to get apoplectic over nothing.

Oh, you think a rookie that missed a number of games with an injury at the end of the season and averaged about 46 yards a game and had 4 TD's made such an impact on a 4 win team that he should post something  like this?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Oh, you think a rookie that missed a number of games with an injury at the end of the season and averaged about 46 yards a game and had 4 TD's made such an impact on a 4 win team that he should post something  like this?

lol, how did you not stop yourself from validating my remark?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Maybe, maybe not, I'm honestly not sure. The only thing I am sure of is that middle-aged armchair quarterbacks complaining about it is a way, way lamer offense. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Lith said:

The RB.  Same account a couple of days ago.  Not sure why it is showing up as sensitve content.

Ever since Elon took over Twitter, literally 90% or pictures have that sensitive content warning. No clue why but almost every pic in my feed has that warning and the pics are as harmless as the ones above ??‍♂️

Where tf is this coming from? I pray this kid isn't a Becton-like baby. MC has been consistently mentioned as one of the few bright parts of this team last year. Because they drafted Hall? That has nothing to do with him. When you have an opportunity to grab the best RB in the draft in the 2nd round, you take it. Especially when your O is as talentless as the Jets. The days of a single RB getting 80+ % of the carries are over. MC still has every opportunity in the world to be productive and, imo, I think this O will he built around the run game those two can produce. Or that's the hope anyway...

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Scrubbed references to the Jets on Twitter and instagram? That speaks volumes he’s having an emotional breakdown from Jets drafting Breece. With a nice season as a 4th round pick, he obviously had visions of being a cow bell back. So he goes on the attack and says he’s ‘unappreciated’?  While Jets drafting Breece should not be a big deal to MC, he’s obviously making it a big deal. It’s not like the Browns signing Watson and signaling Baker is under appreciated. Carter should be thrilled he was drafted in 4th round and had a very good year. Yet he’s making waves already. Not smart. Look at Perine who was a 3rd round pick and is probably in verge of getting cut.  MC should act humble. It’s not talk it’s actions. I’m sure JD is not thrilled about this and we all know JD has a short fuse with players talking crap. If this continues, I can see JD doing his thang: Ohhh no we want MC and will be signing him to a long term contract. The following week:  MC traded for two #2’s. 

Lol, “emotional breakdown.” This post is a total joke. Holy smokes.

• Upvote 1

So the Jets shouldn’t have drafted Breece Hall to win more games because it apparently has offended an incumbent 2nd year player.

Clearly Joe Douglas did not think through what his move would do to the locker room.  Silly.

It’s understandable if Carter feels slighted, but these are the sort of grievances that should be aired behind closed doors to your head coach.

Carter can tweet whatever he wants but messages like that won’t help the team.

16 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Even though Hall is also great receiver out of the backfield, so is Carter . While I see Hall getting the bulk of the carries like you do as well, I can also see Carter getting a good share of receptions . Carter is not nor will he ever be a workhorse Im sure he has to understand that and splitting time with Hall will lengthen both their careers and be much more beneficial to the team as well. There is also the chance we see a lot of 2 back sets Carter has to focus on every down he's in the game no matter what the assignment and everything will come into place while also making the best of every time he gets the football.

Carter lacks the durability to be a #1 NFL back.

I could easily see a 70%/30% handoff and/or 60%/40% total plays split between Hall and Carter.

Hall has the full body/strength for a workhorse RB. I believe he's also a meaningfully better blocker than Carter.

Carter will be kept fresh and explosive for his 30-40%, and hopefully be less prone to nagging or constant injury as a secondary back.

Just how I see this playing out.  His ego may not like it, but I think ultimately his career production will be glad this is how it played out.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I could easily see a 70%/30% handoff and/or 60%/40% total plays split between Hall and Carter.

Hall has the full body/strength for a workhorse RB. I believe he's also a meaningfully better blocker than Carter.

Carter will be kept fresh and explosive for his 30-40%, and hopefully be less prone to nagging or constant injury as a secondary back.

Just how I see this playing out.  His ego may not like it, but I think ultimately his career production will be glad this is how it played out.

Thomas Jones and Leon Washington. 

50 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I suspect this tweet has been somewhat over analyzed at this point. But yeah, Carter should be happy with the situation. He’ll be put in a position to put up good numbers, and when his contract comes due he’ll be more valuable as a FA RB due to the lower mileage. He’ll potentially have a longer career, too. 

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I would very much agree.

I hope a day comes when young players come to understand that not every thought needs to be shared publicly.

I don't think that day will come. Carter’s generation grew up communicating with people in person and through social media. That’s likely not going to change. They’ve been posting random thoughts since they were teens. Only difference is that MC now has a bigger platform.

Sharing their thoughts on social media is not as earth shattering as other generations see it.

There’s likely a generational divide in people’s reaction to those comments.

Here’s an example of how different Gen Z thinks. How to close wage discrepancies? Gen Z: Post your salary on social media that way we all know how much we are worth and can ask to be paid appropriately. ? Everyone else: put your head down and work.

Not to say everyone within a generation thinks the same. But Gen Z is what society thinks millennials are.

Hopefully that didnt violate the no politics. I only used it because it helped me realize how different they see things.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I don't think that day will come. Carter’s generation grew up communicating with people in person and through social media. That’s likely not going to change. They’ve been posting random thoughts since they were teens. Only difference is that MC now has a bigger platform.

Sharing their thoughts on social media is not as earth shattering as other generations see it.

There’s likely a generational divide in people’s reaction to those comments.

Here’s an example of how different Gen Z. How to close wage discrepancies? Gen Z: Post your salary on social media that way we all know how much we are worth and can ask to be paid appropriately. ? Everyone else: put your head down and work.

Not to say everyone within a generation thinks the same. But Gen Z is what society thinks millennials are. 

Can't disagree with any of this. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Totally agree no way Carter should have ever been considered an every down back

• Upvote 1

On 6/20/2022 at 5:29 PM, Integrity28 said:

The only reason he shouldn’t post it is middle-aged men and their unwavering need to get apoplectic over nothing.

Commenting on a tweet by a player, not good.

Commenting on how fans react to the tweet by a player, good.

Got it.

Also, I think this:

ap·o·plec·tic
[ˌapəˈplektik]
ADJECTIVE
informal
overcome with anger; extremely indignant:
"Mark was apoplectic with rage at the decision"

Miiiiight just be a bit of hyperbole on your part.  Maybe.

• Upvote 2

On 6/21/2022 at 1:02 AM, MichaelScott said:

Ever since Elon took over Twitter, literally 90% or pictures have that sensitive content warning. No clue why but almost every pic in my feed has that warning and the pics are as harmless as the ones above ??‍♂️

Purchase has yet to be finalized. SEC approval required as well. So your post is moot

35 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Easy guy. I wasn't saying musk did it but the change literally happened overnight at some point in the last month 

I’m cool with you, it’s just meant to let you no there’s still a few month’s of Musk Derangement Syndrome ahead of us. That said, I do believe the BOD is trying to grease the wheel’s to push for an easier purchase

29 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I’m cool with you, it’s just meant to let you no there’s still a few month’s of Musk Derangement Syndrome ahead of us. That said, I do believe the BOD is trying to grease the wheel’s to push for an easier purchase

My bad, definitely worded it like it was a musk comment. Meant it more as an observation. I don't know if it's something in each person's personal setting but literally every picture in my feed is blured out. Idk if it's their algorithm or what but it's annoying. Personally, I can't be bothered to hit "view image" for every single thing people post 

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

Commenting on a tweet by a player, not good.

Commenting on how fans react to the tweet by a player, good.

Got it.

Also, I think this:

ap·o·plec·tic
[ˌapəˈplektik]
ADJECTIVE
informal
overcome with anger; extremely indignant:
"Mark was apoplectic with rage at the decision"

Miiiiight just be a bit of hyperbole on your part.  Maybe.

Player isn’t here to explain himself. Commenters are. Apples and oranges.

Apoplectic should be the team logo.

Stay in your lane. ?