Michael Carter - Is he OK?

4 hours ago, CSNY said:

Could this be an extension of the interview when he stated that running backs as a position are under appreciated and underpaid that’s what I get from this 

Yes.. this! 

There is no context.  Is he talking about NFL, jets,  fans,  media,  analysts?

If is either of the last 2, I think it's perfectly fair statement and nothing wrong with it being public. 

Like you said,  could be him sticking up for other RBs. Or. GMFB did a list of top 1st / 2nd year RBs to be on the lookout for,  breece hall was on the list but not MC. Most media talking about breece already have him penciled in a RB1 like they know MC is just giving it up or breece is just going to take it no problem. 

Often I'm like,  man you all are sleeping on MC, that kid is due for his 2nd year leap and had nearly 1k total yards last year. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Slow down my friend! Let the dust settle and see what’s up. On 1JD Carter spoke about Williams and he both being able to “eat” at NC. I doubt things have changed much with him over the last week. 
Maybe he was having a conversation about his barbecuing game or his ability to catch the ball as a receiver. 

I don’t think Carter should be too concerned. Yes, he’s probably relegated to the #2 role this season, but he will have plenty of opportunities to eat, as he said. 

Last year, MC1 led all rushers with 147 carries. Ty Johnson and Tevin Coleman combined for about that amount. This year, I could see those carries breaking down somewhere along the lines of Hall getting 200 and Carter getting 100. That would be similar to the 49ers last year. The Jets drafted Hall to be their lead back, but they haven’t given up on the fresh legs committee approach as a result. MC1 will be a primary contributor on offense this season. Limiting his carries will lengthen his career. He should be happy. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Butterfield said:

Fans should stop trying to be psychologists.  

Stop caring what players tweet.  

To paraphrase a great comedian "Sure, because you wore that dress so I'd look at your shoes".

They post these twits publicly specifically so fans (and the team) will read them and care about them.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It's weird that you read that as whining. I took it as him being transparent about the emotional part of the game, but over-coming it with the right attitude. I've felt under-appreciated my whole career. It's why I'm where I am.

Too many of you guys project your weird sh*t into everything you read.

Look, this is not something you put on social media  when you are a 4th round pick an a 4 win team and got hurt and missed a bunch of games as a rookie. He is fortunate that he got the playing time he did because the Jets RB's were a disaster. 

This is most likely about the Jets drafting Hall but he is still going to be getting the ball in this O unless Hall becomes Thomlinson out of the gate. Even then he will get work in the passing game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

32 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Look, this is not something you put on social media  when you are a 4th round pick an a 4 win team and got hurt and missed a bunch of games as a rookie. He is fortunate that he got the playing time he did because the Jets RB's were a disaster. 

This is most likely about the Jets drafting Hall but he is still going to be getting the ball in this O unless Hall becomes Thomlinson out of the gate. Even then he will get work in the passing game. 

In reality, it's most likely about nothing and this thread is a total over reaction to a player tweeting self motivational words, like he and every other player do, all year long. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Doesn’t it seem odd that his info doesn’t include NFL, football player, Jet or his number?  Though it says sports group and #8.

That's what is more concerning to me then the statement.  He's "scrubbed" references to the Jets on his twitter and even instagram.  And that's what these players do when they're mad at the team.  He still has pictures of him playing posted, so it's not a full scrub, but it certainly seems like he's trying to make a statement....or maybe not?

• Upvote 2

The way I see it Hall will get more carries and they will probably split time on passing downs meaning Hall will get more touches over all. Michael Carter is not an every down back, if he was the Jets would have never moved up like they did for Hall. This will obviously be a committee situation and Carter has too understand that. If he felt at any time he was more of an every down back well he would be dead wrong . This is probably being displayed in the OTA's and Mini camp by the reps given to each player by the first team reps and it probably bothers Carter . Its good that something like this would further motivate Carter so I don't take it as him crying about it I see it as him pushing himself like he says he always has.

• Upvote 1

he's just making an obvious point.  he's making about 1 million when the top receivers are making 20 million.  who's more valuable?  probably the receiver but is he 20X more valuable?  that's debatable.  at the same time he's also a rookie 4th rounder so it's not like his contract will be like barkley's or mccaffery's.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Slow down my friend! Let the dust settle and see what’s up. On 1JD Carter spoke about Williams and he both being able to “eat” at NC. I doubt things have changed much with him over the last week. 
Maybe he was having a conversation about his barbecuing game or his ability to catch the ball as a receiver. 

Ok sure. Yea right ?

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

That's what is more concerning to me then the statement.  He's "scrubbed" references to the Jets on his twitter and even instagram.  And that's what these players do when they're mad at the team.  He still has pictures of him playing posted, so it's not a full scrub, but it certainly seems like he's trying to make a statement....or maybe not?

Scrubbed references to the Jets on Twitter and instagram? That speaks volumes he’s having an emotional breakdown from Jets drafting Breece. With a nice season as a 4th round pick, he obviously had visions of being a cow bell back. So he goes on the attack and says he’s ‘unappreciated’?  While Jets drafting Breece should not be a big deal to MC, he’s obviously making it a big deal. It’s not like the Browns signing Watson and signaling Baker is under appreciated. Carter should be thrilled he was drafted in 4th round and had a very good year. Yet he’s making waves already. Not smart. Look at Perine who was a 3rd round pick and is probably in verge of getting cut.  MC should act humble. It’s not talk it’s actions. I’m sure JD is not thrilled about this and we all know JD has a short fuse with players talking crap. If this continues, I can see JD doing his thang: Ohhh no we want MC and will be signing him to a long term contract. The following week:  MC traded for two #2’s. 

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

Scrubbed references to the Jets on Twitter and instagram? That speaks volumes he’s having an emotional breakdown from Jets drafting Breece. With a nice season as a 4th round pick, he obviously had visions of being a cow bell back. So he goes on the attack and says he’s ‘unappreciated’?  While Jets drafting Breece should not be a big deal to MC, he’s obviously making it a big deal. It’s not like the Browns signing Watson and signaling Baker is under appreciated. Carter should be thrilled he was drafted in 4th round and had a very good year. Yet he’s making waves already. Not smart. Look at Perine who was a 3rd round pick and is probably in verge of getting cut.  MC should act humble. It’s not talk it’s actions. I’m sure JD is not thrilled about this and we all know JD has a short fuse with players talking crap. If this continues, I can see JD doing his thang: Ohhh no we want MC and will be signing him to a long term contract. The following week:  MC traded for two #2’s. 

That’s one hell of a story.

He has Jets tweets on his twitter. How has he scrubbed his Twitter account? He just retweeted his mic’ed up epidode.

16 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

JFC, I don't even know know which Michael Carter that is, but either way, man the **** up, Drama Queen, you have 1 year in the league and you were on a 4 win team. WTF did you expect? 

Did that kid not get enough attention as a toddler? 

GIF by Giphy QA

Why are you getting this upset? Get a grip

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It’s a tweet. Good lord, boomers, calm your t-ts.

IT is funny, older generations read tweet and think kid is being a crybaby, but it is a tweet so it in itself from a younger player shows that it is just a passing thought and does not have a lot of weight, younger generation see it as such. idk it is just crazy how tweets are taken for more than what they are, but also kid probably shouldn't have tweeted that either. 

Carter shoudl have a good year this year.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

"truthfully, i feel underappreciated as a player sometimes. but it’s nothing new, it’s a marathon not a sprint ! in due time"

Sure. You bet. I'm the one "projecting weird sh*t".

james franco wtf GIF

Words are not your wheelhouse.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

8 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

The only reason he shouldn’t post it is middle-aged men and their unwavering need to get apoplectic over nothing.

• Sympathy 1