Lawrence v Our Guy?

jgb

Based on what I know now, I prefer…  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/13/2023 at 03:12 PM

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wow damn you are the best football knower on this web site 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Bumping a thread from before last season started ? Pretty pathetic even for you. Nothing wrong with trying to see the upside of Jet players. Beats being a constant negative Nancy .

I’m negative about terrible bust QBs on the Jets. You’re negative — no, let’s use your word: “disgusted” — about Aaron Rodgers on the Jets.

Which One Reaction GIF by Audible

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, jgb said:
95% chance he will suck forever

We should see some absolutely horrifying football this preseason then ...

Given that Zach most likely will be playing the majority of his snaps with future ditch diggers and such.... Guys that cannot bail him out at the same level as a GW. 

I also expect more than 50 % of his screen passes to be dirt balls according to this ongoing narrative ... Amiright ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Given that Zach most likely will be playing the majority of his snaps with future ditch diggers and such.... Guys that cannot bail him out at the same level as a GW. 

I also expect more than 50 % of his screen passes to be dirt balls according to this ongoing narrative ... Amiright ?

I see you’re trying to make my opinion seem absurd but it’s based on a lot of data compiled by @Jetsfan80 that about 1 out of 20 highly-drafted QBs who start their careers near the bottom of the league in production, ever “turn it around” and become serviceable starters. 19 of 20 (95%) just suck forever. Hence my statement.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Guys, I think the DunnieBot is officially broken.

200.gif?cid=d9212ad95lsxpsxu0ji3tyi5u3ei

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, jgb said:

I’m negative about terrible bust QBs on the Jets. You’re negative — no, let’s use your word: “disgusted” — about Aaron Rodgers on the Jets.

Which One Reaction GIF by Audible

And this has exactly what to do with Zack ? You were the one who dragged up year old posts about Zack vs Lawrence.  I'll admit Rodgers seems "reborn" since the trade. I haven't seen him smile this much for the last 5 years. My point was, which you missed, I didn't want to give up draft capital to get a starting QB. Carr was sitting there at no cost in draft comp plus a much cheaper salary cap hit. He was also younger and going to be here for 4-5 yrs. rather than a short term fix. Carr = pure  logic. Rodgers last 2 years in GB were filled with too much drama, much of his own making, He NEVER looked happy, especially compared to now. But again you bringing up this post on Rodgers has NOTHING to do with Zack. 

7 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

And this has exactly what to do with Zack ? You were the one who dragged up year old posts about Zack vs Lawrence.  I'll admit Rodgers seems "reborn" since the trade. I haven't seen him smile this much for the last 5 years. My point was, which you missed, I didn't want to give up draft capital to get a starting QB. Carr was sitting there at no cost in draft comp plus a much cheaper salary cap hit. He was also younger and going to be here for 4-5 yrs. rather than a short term fix. Carr = pure  logic. Rodgers last 2 years in GB were filled with too much drama, much of his own making, He NEVER looked happy, especially compared to now. But again you bringing up this post on Rodgers has NOTHING to do with Zack. 

Happy Keep Your Head Up GIF by JCPenney

Let what go?  The possibility that we’re one injury away from a sh*t QB being forced into action?  You’re trying to pretend he’s off the team or something.  
Is that what this thread is about? Or was it necro'd as an attempt to embarrass people and stroke egos?
  • Post of the Week 1

Is that what this thread is about? Or was it necro'd as an attempt to embarrass people and stroke egos?
Meh. ... Guys can't be embarrassed by supporting a guy 90 % of the football world believed had the good to be elite.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:
11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:
Let what go?  The possibility that we’re one injury away from a sh*t QB being forced into action?  You’re trying to pretend he’s off the team or something.  

fox tv GIF by Paradise Hotel

Just now, Dunnie said:

Meh. ... Guys can't be embarrassed by supporting a guy 90 % of the football world believed had the good to be elite.

The poll question wasn’t “do you support Zach Wilson?” It was a choice between Wilson and Lawrence. The people who voted for Wilson were wrong. This is forgivable. I do mock those who still defend him a year later, however. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Who cares if it was?  Schadenfreude is fun.  You don't have to click on it.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jgb said:

The poll question wasn’t “do you support Zach Wilson?” It was a choice between Wilson and Lawrence. The people who voted for Wilson were wrong. This is forgivable. I do mock those who still defend him a year later, however. 

For what purpose ? 

Just now, Thai Jet said:

That's the best you can do for a response ? Put a little effort into it . 

I carefully maneuvered Zach defenders into saying Trevor sucked. Then I delicately created a poll designed as a trap. After that, I patiently waited 10 months to spring said trap and spray 24 posters with goo. And you want more effort?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I think you nailed it. 👍

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:
9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You don't have to be a dick either yet here we are.

Yes because Zach defenders have been peaches and cream for the last two years.

Get outta here.

• Haha 1

Just now, jgb said:

Yes because Zach defenders have been peaches and cream for the last two years.

Get outta here.

Zach defenders get to obnoxiously scream into the void about Zach's future greatness for over 2 years and its fine.  But entering year 3 we're "beating a dead horse" all of a sudden.

Being a Jets fan and "believing in Zach" are 2 separate items that get completely conflated.  

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You think THIS is me being a d*ck?

I’d rate you only at a quarter chub so far in this thread 

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Zach defenders get to obnoxiously scream into the void about Zach's future greatness for over 2 years and its fine.  But entering year 3 we're "beating a dead horse" all of a sudden.

Being a Jets fan and "believing in Zach" are 2 separate items that get completely conflated.  

FAKE JETS FAN WHO WANTS ZACH TO FAIL!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

The narrative changes week to week in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You sir don’t know me if you believe that.  

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I carefully maneuvered Zach defenders into saying Trevor sucked. Then I delicately created a poll designed as a trap. After that, I patiently waited 10 months to spring said trap and spray 24 posters with goo. And you want more effort?

The real trap is coming soon.   This trap would be too short sighted if it would have worked.  

i baited you into thinking this was all a good idea to start with.  The payoff comes later.  

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

The real trap is coming soon.   This trap would be too short sighted if it would have worked.  

i baited you into thinking this was all a good idea to start with.  The payoff comes later.  

If Zach beats the odds and becomes a FQB for the Jets, we both win. If he does not, only I win.

BA501334-22D1-441D-B6B6-1F63EC120B16.gif.2446ac2d53bd134bffe13f96ff423266.gif

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Wasn’t sure where to post this, and didn’t want to create a thread, but this is kind of crazy.

Mike McD says Tua is right-handed? 

“The starting point is he is different. Different makes people uncomfortable. If you haven’t noticed, he throws with his left-hand, not right, which is crazy because he’s right-handed. He learned how to throw left on instruction from his father.”