Jets Cuts to 53: Final List

Rhg1084

14 minutes ago, varjet said:

JD and Saleh said that they were  all about player development-I guess not. 

This shows to me that this team is very focused on trying to win THIS YEAR.  The veterans likely are a little better than the younger players THIS YEAR, but next year it could and should be the other way around.  The veterans cost more THIS YEAR.  

Rankins is just a terrible use of cap space.  

Practice squad? 

I mean, I guess i'm just as shocked as anyone that Pinnock was placed on waivers...but I can't really cry about losing a safety who has totaled all of 9 tackles and has allowed 6 receptions on 7 targets of his illustrious career.  I know he came on at the end of last season but I'd like to see how things play out over the next day or so before going on a JD sucks and doesn't want to develop young players rampage.

• Sympathy 1

I'm pretty sure last year like less than 25 people were claimed in the entire league. The reality is that we're likely looking at two players max that we don't have the ability to re-sign to the PS. There is probably as good a chance there are no Jets claimed than two. So while I'd prefer to have kept Pinnock or Parks over Davis and Marshall/Smart over Shepard. I think most of the guys we're bummed to cut will be on our practice squad soon. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I don't think Salad and Douglas are familiar with the concept of sunk cost fallacy.

They can say whatever they want, but Ashtyn Davis' draft capital is definitely a reason he's still here.

A day 3 pick in Pinnock was less painful for them to flush down the toilet.

hard to argue you on this...no idea why we haven't replaced him with someone. Davis was terrible...maybe he turned it around this off season??? 

The only argument i can think of is he believes in that development takes time to properly evaluate a player and maybe some take more time to get it. They believe he has the talent and it just has not been able to show case it. I mean mims seems to have finally taken a turn for the better, and it took a while. We might possibly get draft capitol in a trade  (although i do not know how likely it is) but Joes comments were very loud and clear we will not just give him away. i htink this is just the same principal in regards to Davis.

I mean you could argue Mims has been just as bad if not worse than Davis and we kept both because maybe they develop and/or we are compensated. Either way Joe believes in the pick. 

So it may seem oh we picked him high so we ahve to keep him, but it is we picked this guy because of the talent we need to give him time to develop because he shows signs of progress and we done give up on guys because it takes time.

idk...but it doesnt make sense that with all the stuff Joe does that he would just keep guys with high draft capital on the team if they suck. I mean lower drafted guys have started over higher drafted guys etc.

5 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I'm pretty sure last year like less than 25 people were claimed in the entire league. The reality is that we're likely looking at two players max that we don't have the ability to re-sign to the PS. There is probably as good a chance there are no Jets claimed than two. So while I'd prefer to have kept Pinnock or Parks over Davis and Marshall/Smart over Shepard. I think most of the guys we're bummed to cut will be on our practice squad soon. 

Weren't like 3 or 4 Jet cuts claimed just last week?  Elijah Riley to the Steelers, for example.

So either the number of claims is actually higher, or maybe the Jets are cutting the wrong guys? 

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Here is what I don't get about Streveler and White:

We all loved the Cincinnati Mike White game.  BUT....if you are down to your third string QB in this league, you are not winning.  PERIOD.

So, here is my case to keep Streveler over White:

Streveler was here to be a camp body, period.  We know this.  He didn't get any playing time with anyone.  Is he a project?  Absolutely.  Could he be any good?  Who knows.  Many people were complaining about throwing technique, foot issues, etc, etc.  ALL technical things that can be worked on.

The one thing you cannot teach anyone is moxie.  The guy comes off the bench cold, with no work all week long, and wins three games coming from behind.  I don't care that most of the guys would be out of the NFL the following two weeks.  They were good enough to at least suit-up for those games.  

So, we know we can't win with Mike White.  Why not keep the guy who, at the very least, shows he has the moxie to come in late in a game, and pull out a victory?  What do we gain keeping Mike White over Chris Streveler?  Nothing.  What do we lose?  Possibly something.  Isn't it worth keeping Streveler for the tiniest bit of potential?  I mean, we haven't had a decent starting caliber QB on this roster since Chad Pennington.  Its time to keep any kind of potential.

Agree with all your points, but until Zach comes back, he's taking up a roster spot.  They weren't going to use an extra spot on Streveler and weren't going to release/trade White (at least not yet) to fit Streveler in.  At this point in time, Streveler was an easy cut for roster management purposes.  I find it highly unlikely that someone claims him on waivers because they'd have to put him on the active roster.

I think by 6:00 p.m. tomorrow Steveler is on our P.S.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

Are they seriously keeping Ashytn Davis

I still expect him to get cut (one would hope). As for now, I think Pinnock getting cut was more a case of Pinnock vs someone they're eyeing on the waiver wire, rather than Pinnock vs Davis.

Who knows, maybe they'll try to get Pinnock on the PS if he goes unclaimed. Maybe the fact that he just switched positions for this D will turn other teams off from adding him to their 53 if they don't think he can plug and play in a new defense.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

lol

Cbs Time GIF by Wolf Entertainment

Waaaa

Braxton by far is the most reliable receiver on the team going into this year

On reception versus attempts....

Berrios - 70%

Davis - 58%

Moore- 56%

So to all the blond hair wonderboy haters....

Eat dick salad 

• Haha 4

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

I still expect him to get cut (one would hope). As for now, I think Pinnock getting cut was more a case of Pinnock vs someone they're eyeing on the waiver wire, rather than Pinnock vs Davis.

Who knows, maybe they'll try to get Pinnock on the PS if he goes unclaimed. Maybe the fact that he just switched positions for this D will turn other teams off from adding him to their 53 if they don't think he can plug and play in a new defense.

Will Parks was most likely a Vet cut to be signed later...  With a cash agreement in place.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I don't think Salad and Douglas are familiar with the concept of sunk cost fallacy.

They can say whatever they want, but Ashtyn Davis' draft capital is definitely a reason he's still here.

A day 3 pick in Pinnock was less painful for them to flush down the toilet.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

I don't speak emoji.  Can someone translate.  Will Parks.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

After 53 set and players placed on IR Jets could be bringing him back. He’s not subject to waivers

Nah, he wouldnt be coy about that on Twitter. More likely that another team contacted him immediately and he accepted their offer, but cant announce it yet. 

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

7 of the 53 we keep won't dress on game day.

16 of the 53 we don't keep will be on the PS and available to elevate to the active roster each week.

The final few we keep versus those we cut are not likely to have any impact on the W/L record this season.  Yes, a few of the guys we release will end up on other teams (which is a novelty around here) but that doesn't mean they are Pro Bowl bound either.  This stuff if very intriguing but ultimately not earth-shattering.

An excellent post ^^.

And the very next post:

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

Looks like they are going all in on getting CJ Stroud next year.

Stephen Colbert Chefs Kiss GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Kind of telling that we're down to like 4 rostered safeties and mostly all of us are clamoring to get rid of the former 3rd-round draft pick.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, PorP said:

Waaaa

Braxton by far is the most reliable receiver on the team going into this year

On reception versus attempts....

Berrios - 70%

Davis - 58%

Moore- 56%

So to all the blond hair wonderboy haters....

Eat dick salad 

lol most reliable wr 4 on the team 100%. 

the love for mediocrity you have is amazing even for a jets fan. You are really trying to argue that berrios is better than Davis and Moore. Quite the hill you have made camp on tater salad.

The Simpsons Reaction GIF

23 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Weren't like 3 or 4 Jet cuts claimed just last week?  Elijah Riley to the Steelers, for example.

So either the number of claims is actually higher, or maybe the Jets are cutting the wrong guys? 

Its easier to claim people when you're able to have an 80 person roster. This is the cut to 53 which is the biggest cut. Elijah Riley for example was cut by the Steelers .