Jets Cuts to 53: Final List

Rhg1084

I don't understand keeping Johnson over Coleman. Coleman is a much better blocker and doesn't have butter fingers for hands. Plus he is a veteran who still runs well. Makes sense having a veteran who's spent basically his entire career in this offense, when the other 3 guys are 21, 21, and 23 years old.

3 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

I don't understand keeping Johnson over Coleman. Coleman is a much better blocker and doesn't have butter fingers for hands. Plus he is a veteran who still runs well. Makes sense having a veteran when the other 3 guys are 21, 21, and 23 years old.

We can only hope there is an under the table deal to bring coleman back.  If ty johnson gets cut, there is a good chance coleman has already been told he is coming back.

It's been said before, but everything is transient right now.  Guys we cut may get brought back tomorrow.  There's a lot of gamesmanship involved in this period, and it won't really settle down for at least 24 hours.  So be patient with the process.  Express opinions all day, but keep in mind that without seeing the final outcome, you may be jumping the gun a bit.

absolutely correct!

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Good.  Seems like every time I notice him he is getting beat.  

If we can trade him, even for a pick swap - Dunn and a 7th for a 6th type of thing - that would be a good move. He's not good enough to make this team, but he could be a depth piece for someone.

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We can only hope there is an under the table deal to bring coleman back.  If ty johnson gets cut, there is a good chance coleman has already been told he is coming back.

I don't think there are any restrictions on TCo.... when the Jets do it other than maybe league restriction on establishing the PS.

I don't think he is waiver eligible so he's basically the wild west. 

18 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

ouch.

dude did his research and opened fire.

looking forward to the inevitable retort

Like...how do people even find this stuff?  Do people really bookmark certain pages of this board to come back to years later?

Maybe they keep a running spreadsheet of who said what, when they said it, etc. etc.  That's a lot mental gymnastics to go through for the internet "gotcha"!

maths GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, VERMONT JET said:

I thought Colman hit the hole better than any of our backs.  Wish Carter would learn from him a bit. Too much dancing at times on inside runs. 

Carter is only good taking it to the outside he's not an inside runner Breece Hall is and is Knight. Coleman is a good RB who will find a home but it wont be here at the cost of Knight who is 10 years younger and very promising

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

With Guidry and Dunn gone, I wonder if Wildgoose is gonna make it.

Last spot probably comes down to him or Hardee.

Sauce, Reed, Carter, Hall and Echols would seem to be locks.  Leaves just Wildgoose and Hardee still on the bubble.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lith said:

Last spot probably comes down to him or Hardee.

Sauce, Reed, Carter, Hall and Echols would seem to be locks.  Leaves just Wildgoose and Hardee still on the bubble.

Hardee was brought here as a special teams demon Im not sure I would mess with that Im sure Boyer has a lot of say on bubble players

• Sympathy 3

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Hardee was brought here as a special teams demon Im not sure I would mess with that Im sure Boyer has a lot of say on bubble players

Ya. And he was crap last year.  More penalties and missed tackles than actual tackles. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1