*** The official fire ROBERT SALEH thread ***

JTJet

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The alternative was Matt Rhule.

T0m I criticize actions based upon what was known or should’ve been known at the time. “The alternative has done poorly, also.” does not obviate the fact that their process leading to Gase was a cluster eff and how they positioned it, an insult to all Jets fans’ intelligence.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, jgb said:

T0m I criticize actions based upon what was known or should’ve been known at the time. “The alternative has done poorly, also.” does not obviate the fact that their process leading to Gase was a cluster eff and how they positioned it, an insult to all Jets fans’ intelligence.

That’s true, but the process was a mess because nobody wanted to work with proven failure Maccagnan, so the ultimate result would have been Rhule and Maccagnan for three years. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That’s true, but the process was a mess because nobody wanted to work with proven failure Maccagnan, so the ultimate result would have been Rhule and Maccagnan for three years. 

Which is also why I — to a cacophonous chorus of boos — called the Jets morons for not icing Macc with Bowles. It’s all part of the same chain of sh*t decision making and it all should be criticized.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Yes at the end of year 3. Completely turning over the CS means all new systems on O and D. This has been proven to be a killer to QBS and teams in general. If he was fired now like the op is suggesting then that’s 3 new systems in 3 years 

See Jacksonville as an example of this being completely false.  FYI Doug Peterson would have been a better hire than Bobby Saleh.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

It just seems like he doesn’t know much even basic X’s and O’s Kind of stuff.  Things that are easily correctable he just doesn’t do.  I think part of it is stubbornness too.  He seems like he wants to do it one way even if it fails 99 times out of a 100.  The lack of accountability is also an issue.  I’ve heard some say he got in JFM face after that idiotic penalty but I just don’t see it because these kind of things happen every game which shows us the lack of accountability 

Adjusting to the opposition and changing scheme to fit the players is hard work.   Being positive is a personaliyt trait.  Being positive as a way to get results is a mental disorder.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Adjusting to the opposition and changing scheme to fit the players is hard work.   Being positive is a personaliyt trait.  Being positive as a way to get results is a mental disorder.  

That and a ghostwriter will get you on the NYT bestseller’s list and Oprah.

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

Look I’m hoping he turns it around because I don’t want to keep hiring new head coaches every 2 years.  Honestly what he should do is get rid of Ulbrich and take over the defensive play calling. But again he seems very stubborn and not willing to make adjustments so who knows if that would work 

When you consistently say you have to look at film during the week for answers, you’re in over your head. The jets need an in game decision maker. They finally had some sense of urgency Sunday after none the first two weeks. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

That and a ghostwriter will get you on the NYT bestseller’s list and Oprah.

Perseverance, a trait needed to accomplish tough goals is not a positive or negative trait.   Many highly accomplished people are highly motivated by fear of failure.  The HC of a football team needs to motivate a lot of moving parts.   Players getting better, being put in good situations where they have success seems like a much better trait than positive vibes, all gas no breaks, blah, blah blah.  

A monkey could run the D is fine to say if the D is working and players are having success.  Saying it when the players, many of whom are highly paid good NFL players, are not doing well, is a very negative message.  Professional football players want to succeed and want to win.  Their future income is dependent on them doing well.  

When the Giants hired Coughlin the players bitched and moaned.  When they started doing well and winning they loved him.   He helped all of the members of that team become successful.  Their lives and self esteem were dramatically improved by reaching their potential and becoming champions.   Pride in accomplishment of sacrifice for the team.  It wasn't a vibe it was tangible results.

The Navy Seals weren't built on positive vibes.  They were built on washing out all but the handful who could focus and carry out highly planned missions under the pressure of a mistake leading to their failure and probably death.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

Look I’m hoping he turns it around because I don’t want to keep hiring new head coaches every 2 years.  Honestly what he should do is get rid of Ulbrich and take over the defensive play calling. But again he seems very stubborn and not willing to make adjustments so who knows if that would work 

I agree with not wanting to change yet another staff after 2 years, but it is looking more and more inevitable.

I have tried giving this staff every bit of rope but I just don’t see it

3 hours ago, Trotter said:

I agree with not wanting to change yet another staff after 2 years, but it is looking more and more inevitable.

Good organizations aren’t good because they don’t make many changes. Good organizations are good because they hire well the first time around.

”Stability” is an especially-insidious example of the sunken-cost fallacy in action because it’s cloaked in the false application of a virtue.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I don’t disagree.  If it becomes really evident that Saleh is completely lost then you have to cut ties. Especially if ZW comes back and takes a nice step forward but we still lose then Saleh needs to go 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Good organizations aren’t good because they don’t make many changes. Good organizations are good because they hire well the first time around.

”Stability” is an especially-insidious example of the sunken-cost fallacy in action because it’s cloaked in a false application of a virtue.

Agree.

to me it is not about woody spending money, selling the team etc.

it is about him hiring the right people which he simply can’t get right.

maybe jd is the most promising gm in the last 15 but he is not top tier.

Coaching staff is junk at this point.

quoting the late Jackie Gleason - and away we go.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

Agree.

JD specially is O-Line remember, he just need 4 more seasons to figure things out 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

Agree.

The only way to right the ship is to pay whatever it takes and cede whatever control is necessary to a football czar. Sean Peyton is a pipe dream but it’s going to take Parcellian moment to get things right again.

• Upvote 1

A reminder that Saleh’s interview with his hometown Detroit Lions went poorly and was passed over only for the Jets to bring him in. I think we’re seeing the attention to detail or lack there of show up. Getting beat is one thing, giving up wide open touchdowns 3 weeks in a row because of “communication” points to a team that doesn’t prepare well.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

A reminder that Saleh’s interview with his hometown Detroit Lions went poorly and was passed over only for the Jets to bring him in. I think we’re seeing the attention to detail or lack there of show up. Getting beat is one thing, giving up wide open touchdowns 3 weeks in a row because of “communication” points to a team that doesn’t prepare well.

For a guy who is supposed to be a defensive guru, it begs the question, exactly what is saleh good at?  

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Public speaking

Generous. You may be able to snow the masses but a small core of people who look to you for direct leadership — like a team or a military unit — respect being told the truth and not having PVO rainbow smoke blown up the old pooper.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’ve been of the mind that the Jets will get blasted in this upcoming stretch, but right the ship in he last third of the season to give us some hope, but given how teams are currently playing. It’s a real possibility this team finishes 2-15. Jacksonville looks legit, Seahawks are frisky, and even the Bears are showing some fight right now. Scary times if you’re Saleh.

1DC4FCDF-4E71-423E-B900-082719C250B2.jpeg

The best hope for this team to stay out of the top 5 of the draft is for Wilson to come back and immediately be a top-15 QB. I'm not holding my breath!

3 hours ago, jgb said:

”Stability” is an especially-insidious example of the sunken-cost fallacy in action because it’s cloaked in the false application of a virtue.

The Johnson’s are still the only NFL owners that hired consultants to help them in their head coaching search years ago. It all starts at the top. 

I really wonder what questions they ask during the interview process. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BP said:

The Johnson’s are still the only NFL owners that hired consultants to help them in their head coaching search years ago. It all starts at the top. 

I really wonder what questions they ask during the interview process. 

Hard to say which is worse: woody with consultants or woody sans. Results basically the same. ? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

It's been obvious since day 1 of the Robert Saleh era that his teams are consistently unprepared. 

• Upvote 1