*** The official fire ROBERT SALEH thread ***

JTJet

2 minutes ago, thshadow said:

So do you tape the games, and only watch them if they lose?  I don't get it.  You seem to be, not only not happy, but you seem actually mad.

We were on *the other side* of the most amazing collapse I've ever seen.  If you can't be happy today, I don't know what to tell you.

There will be plenty of losses, save your "fire everyone" threads for then maybe?

That's a fair take. But again, this just proves my point. 

This wasnt the "most amazing collapse" anyone has ever seen, that's green colored shades covering up the 58 minutes of foolery we watched. Its fools gold.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

Except I'm a realist, and dont say such things. 

And you're just riding the high of a win that was given to us. 

Time will be on one of our sides, and it isnt you. 

Given? Did you miss the catch on the Jets first drive that denied them a 1st down? The dropped catches? The phantom holding call?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

Given? Did you miss the catch on the Jets first drive that denied them a 1st down? The dropped catches? The phantom holding call?

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

We all know (and knew before today's great win) that there will be no firing of Saleh mid-season.

So why would anyone ever call for it?  

Let the season play out, evaluate the job he does along the way, and call for change in the offseason if you think it's needed.

Mid-Season firings are rare, and rarely help the team improve anyway.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

That's a fair take. But again, this just proves my point. 

This wasnt the "most amazing collapse" anyone has ever seen, that's green colored shades covering up the 58 minutes of foolery we watched. Its fools gold.

Cimini just posted that our come from behind win after being down 13 with under 2 mins hasn't happened in well over 2000 NFL games. Lets just agree it's the best come back since Vinny and the Jets in the Mericle in the Meadowlands (look it up on utube!)

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

The defensive effort was just brutal after all the tough talk all week.

We pulled off a miracle. A busted coverage and a drive vs prevent defence will paper over how bad some aspects of that game were. 

He got bailed out by some freakish moments and Garrett f*cking Wilson. 

We have had our share of misery and bad luck. It is okay to embrace good luck. Maybe things will turn around for us. 

• Sympathy 1

• Saleh is not out of the woods.  I think the Jets still have to be playoffs or almost playoffs in 2023 for him to keep his job.  
  • The Jets were competitive half of the game against the Ravens.  They were competitive against the Browns and won.  The Jets are 1-1.  Dolphins came back against the Ravens.  Tyreek and Waddle are monsters.
  • I think the Jets D looks pretty decent.  Kwon was huge addition. 

Let's see how it plays out.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

6 minutes ago, Bronx said:

We have had our share of misery and bad luck. It is okay to embrace a good luck. Maybe things will turn around for us. 

The Jets haven't been losing because of bad luck but because they've been bad. 

The points differential speaks for itself - We've been worse than anyone over the last few years. 

We lose badly regularly. On the rare occasion we win it's always close. We haven't won by more than one score since November 2019. 

Today is a phenomenal day for morale and hopefully we can build on that but we can't also pretend a lot of the bad sh*t didn't happen. If we're going to win consistently we will have to be a lot better than we were today. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1