Poll: What is your confidence level in Joe Flacco right now?

TuscanyTile2

Poll: What is your confidence level in Joe Flacco right now?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: What is your confidence level in Joe Flacco right now?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/25/2022 at 04:59 PM

40 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

What if he does it again? How much would that change the evaluation for you? 

Honesty don't know.  Best I can tell you.

Not sure he's been as good as his numbers, maybe if he does it again (300+ yards, 2:1 TD:INT or much better, another Win, etc.) maybe I'll start buying in homer-style, but not yet.

I actually think the fear of being wally-pipped by Flacco will have Wilson pressing even more to hurry back  so as to reclaim QB1. But if Flacco plays well again and upsets the Bengals this Sunday - Defense has to play lights out for all 4 qtrs as well - I could see the preservation-mode Saleh stick with Flacco instead of reverting back to Wilson. 

If the OLine gives him a pocket and Jets commit to the run, Flacco can take some shots and be lethal. He can run the offense, but he can’t BE the offense. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

I really enjoyed that win yesterday.

But nothing has changed in terms of evaluation, really.

Real Jets Fans™ 3 weeks ago:

”You’d rather the Jets lose than for the QB to succeed!”

And today:

“Watching Joe Flacco wins games is a total waste of time.”

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

I actually think the fear of being wally-pipped by Flacco will have Wilson pressing even more to hurry back  so as to reclaim QB1. But if Flacco plays well again and upsets the Bengals this Sunday - Defense has to play lights out for all 4 qtrs as well - I could see the preservation-mode Saleh stick with Flacco instead of reverting back to Wilson. 

If the OLine gives him a pocket and Jets commit to the run, Flacco can take some shots and be lethal. He can run the offense, but he can’t BE the offense. 

Wally Pipped?!  Flacco is 37 years old.  He is not any part of the future of this team.  And if he is, then JD should be fired immediately.

Btw, it took an absolute miracle for Flacco to get a win.  People are giving him WAAAAY too much credit right now.  Back to the bench he goes the moment ZW gets healthy, no matter how well Flacco is playing.  And that's the way it should be, too.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Wally Pipped?!  Flacco is 37 years old.  He is not any part of the future of this team.  And if he is, then JD should be fired immediately.

Btw, it took an absolute miracle for Flacco to get a win.  People are giving him WAAAAY too much credit right now.  Back to the bench he goes the moment ZW gets healthy, no matter how well Flacco is playing.  And that's the way it should be, too.

Things rarely occur in life and take the proper course of “that’s the way it should be”

i believe Saleh will stick with a winning Flacco to save his bald neck top even when Wilson is ready to return. He’s a DC 

12 hours ago, slimjasi said:

He's had one bad game and one good game. 

I'm around a 3, but my overall opinion on him hasn't really changed. 

I think he's a competent spot starter who can win a game for you, but I don't see a 98 Vinny scenario here. 

I pretty much agree with everything you've said here. If we blow out the Bengals it's a different story.

I hope Zach is drinking this all in as there is no substitute for experience even if Flacco is past his prime~

• Upvote 1

So far Flacco has done his QB2 job. In that role I'm confident in him and thrilled with his performance.

Doesn't make him QB1 or even suggest he should be QB1. Nobody on the Jets is confused about this or sees it differently.

I hope he kills it this week too. But it won't change his role, and it shouldn't. 

• Upvote 1

I trust Flacco enough to come in and play a few games when the QB1 is not available. Until I watch Zach flop again and remember that he kind of sucked last season, I'm gonna say let Flacco play as a backup for a few games and then hope we don't have to see him again.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

and he deserves all the credit he gets. he made all the plays. just because Cleveland left the door open we still had to make those plays.

• Upvote 2

I'm going with 2...

We won the game, he threw for 4 TDs, but he missed a bunch of throws, and listening to the usual suspects review the game film, looks like he left a ton of yards / big plays on the fields by not seeing some open guys (and even missing bigger plays for G Dub).

As someone else said, with protection, he'll be a 3, but I won't feel good if he's our QB for the year.

Average.  Had a pedestrian week 1 and 2 except for the last two minutes of game 2, but he produced when he had to, which is all you can really ask for.  Ride the hot hand until it's no longer hot, and then let your young QB start and prove that he's the real deal.  I'm totally fine with this. 

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Real Jets Fans™ 3 weeks ago:

”You’d rather the Jets lose than for the QB to succeed!”

And today:

“Watching Joe Flacco wins games is a total waste of time.”

It's silly.  There's a reason "bridge QB's" are valuable.  Think Aaron Rodgers might want to work with a receiver like Garrett Wilson after seeing what he did on Sunday, especially when he looks at the trash receivers he has to work with currently?

Flacco is making this offense look competent.  That tends to attract higher quality FA's.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@jetsons@the Claw, @UntouchableCrew, @Warfish and @Dcat you all disgust me

I voted yesterday.  I gave him either a 1 or a 2, forgot.  He sucks. Glad he won, but would rather prepare for the future than watch the fossil.  Who knows....?  maybe the Bengals defense can choke us a win just like the Browns did.  Very few teams in the NFL would allow the Jets to win that game, in fact none in the last decade or two if the stats I read are legit.  I'm enjoying the freak game, but I'm not going overboard on Flacco the way this forum is.  Flacco sucks.  He's not our future.  He shouldn't be starting.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I voted yesterday.  I gave him either a 1 or a 2, forgot.  He sucks. Glad he won, but would rather prepare for the future than watch the fossil.  Who knows....?  maybe the Bengals defense can choke us a win just like the Browns did.  Very few teams in the NFL would allow the Jets to win that game, in fact none in the last decade or two if the stats I read are legit.  I'm enjoying the freak game, but I'm not going overboard on Flacco the way this forum is.  Flacco sucks.  He's not our future.  He shouldn't be starting.  

Neither is Zach Wilson.  So might as well start the guy who's actually, you know, producing a bit for a couple more weeks.