<<<<<<< Jets vs Dolphins -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

5 hours ago, PS17 said:

Huge money on the Dolphins with minimal line movement smells fishy. Vegas might actually like the Jets to cover or win outright. 

Vegas is baiting more “dumb” Miami money to come in by not upping the line with virtually the entire betting Public on Miami already.

Hey Vegas could be handing out that rare pre Christmas gift to the Public, but the right play is the Jets, even if you lose.

Even the 1970’s Steelers shouldn’t be getting bet by over 90% of the Public with Teddy Bridgewater at QB.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

It is game day and it is an important one. The Dolphins are in town, without Tua, so the Jets need to show why they cut Teddy.

Zach is fresh off his comeback win, the offense is coming together and the defense put on their best performance of the year in Pittsburgh.

The RV is packed up, and many of us will be tailgating together on Sunday. It is going to be a good day. This team is hungry and they are building something real.

Let's go Jets!!!

This sing ALWAYS pumps me up for a Jets game!!!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Not going to get much done, including not going to sleep much, with this game on my mind over the next 13 hours. Fun team. It has my attention. This team has a real chance. Hope they don't lay an egg. 

Let's be competitive through the 4th Quarter. Go Jets!

Same.  

I haven’t “had a game on my mind” in a looooong time.  Forgot what that feels like...

Win.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Well, this is some sh*t. Any degenerate gamblers have nuanced thoughts as to why the whole betting world took Dolphins and the points?

Two things here mostly being Teddy Bridgewater.   I heard that backup QBs first start of the season cover at a high rate.  Also, Teddy Bridgwater is supposedly one of the top all time profitable QBs to bet with to cover the spread.

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Our lives will never be the same after today.  The begging of the decade of dominance starts today.

This is going to be a beatdown.  The massacre at Metlife.

Jets 31

Fins 13

I would be truly astonished if it even approached that. I don’t see a win here, but I’m hoping that’s just me. 

• Upvote 2

I absolutely hate the Miami Dolphins w/ all my heart and soul, by far my least favorite team in the league.  My father in law is a die hard and I met my wife in 16, the Jets have beat the Fins twice since that time and trust me, I hear all about it.  

I would enjoy a win today, immensely.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Should we start drinking now? 

I’m doing my Sunday morning pre-pre-game circuit of coffee, ginger ale, OJ, and red Gatorade as we speak. Gonna avoid the Sam Adams this week: it made made me combative, which figures because it’s a Massachusetts product. Will probably start drinking at 11:30. It’s gonna be a long day. Slight possibility I’m gonna have @FidelioJet and @Mogglez up in my DMs flaming me if Zach Wilson is completing 54%+ of his passes five minutes in. Then red-ass Chris Bassitt seething over Darin Ruf at bats all afternoon. Long day. Mount up. Let’s ride. Haven’t felt like this since I made that Super Bowl bet where I would have had to get an “I Heart Mike Tannenbaum” tattoo across my chest if Rex won the AFCCG. Thank God he sucked.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2