Robert Saleh

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If the Jets are able to win games on the road by more than 2 TDs when Zach is playing average then that says something.  He was very average today but the game plan seemed to be that Zach didn’t have to do much.  It’s almost like Saleh knew his D would come up big today and the plan was to be conservative.

The Jets really managed this win effectively today.  No gimmicks, no trickery.  Just executing the plan of the front 4 pass rush and then pounding the football on offense in the rushing game.  Low scoring for a long, long time but the damn finally broke.

The key drive was after Rodgers threw the TD to pull the Packers back to within 7.  Jets came out, balanced rushing and passing.  Zach hit some good plays to the TEs.  Berrios ran it in.  Jets were back in control.

Establishing the run, Zack making a big throw to Cory Davis, run run and run, then they will have a week unleashing passes

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

A generational coach.  What hes done is less then 2 years is outrageous.  He will be here for a decade plus and win us multiple championships.

Saleh doing his version of Mike “Their Skills are Primitive” Tyson (always laugh saying that to myself in his voice, just did now)….Awesome stuff…..Lovin It

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

Like I said I had posted a thread about building Character.

It's not just about playing football. When I used to train young dudes to do windshields on fire trucks police cars school buses etc. I also used to ask them about their girlfriends their Fathers their lives their bank accounts etc.

He's that kind of a man.

I appreciate that.. as it's not often that you hear 22-year-old kids talk about accountability.

I think we're finally out of the woods, and it's about God Damn time!

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

A generational coach.  What hes done is less then 2 years is outrageous.  He will be here for a decade plus and win us multiple championships.

Your kids are lucky. You've reset the bar for positive reinforcement in my lifetime. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Yesterdays game.

The Good.  Great effort for 60 minutes. 

The Bad: Offense script to start games is awful

The Ugly: End of the half game management was putrid.  Third down call has to be a run to make sure the Packers aren't in position to score before the half.

The team is flat loaded on both sides of the ball.  The Jets have yet to face an opponent with as much overall balanced power.  They are playing hard to the gun.  That alone wins lots of games.  They need to get out of the gate on both sides of the ball and the HC has to manage situations.  This is a playoff team, maybe a team that can make a deep run.  Time to start getting the details right.

We got a break yesterday KC lost.  We control our destainy.  Great coaching staffs with this kind of talent can win it all.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I will say this: I am ready to eat a big plate of sh*t over Saleh. This was his vision—to create a Seahawks/Niners East and it’s starting to look very much like those teams. I think he’s still pretty far away from being a contender, but even a miserable **** like me has to acknowledge the Jets are playing tough, physical, old-school football. Good on him. I thought he was a poof and his team would be a poof, but I was dead wrong. So far. To this point. Several disclaimers*

*Parity, weird year in the league, scoring is down, Becton sucks, Zach sucks, Ayahuasca poisoning, Daboll for COTY

You shouldn’t have to eat any poop just yet, but I feel like preseason/camp are just impossible to decipher in general now. 

Best thing I can say about the coach is basically what you said - he has the team buying into his culture/system. You could also argue the softer camp has helped with injuries. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I will say this: I am ready to eat a big plate of sh*t over Saleh. This was his vision—to create a Seahawks/Niners East and it’s starting to look very much like those teams. I think he’s still pretty far away from being a contender, but even a miserable **** like me has to acknowledge the Jets are playing tough, physical, old-school football. Good on him. I thought he was a poof and his team would be a poof, but I was dead wrong. So far. To this point. Several disclaimers*

*Parity, weird year in the league, scoring is down, Becton sucks, Zach sucks, Ayahuasca poisoning, Daboll for COTY

035498C8-5221-465D-900D-447A17DA1330.gif

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Your Dinner is served…

A7D365E5-CBF5-42DA-8308-2B4FD6537869.jpeg

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You shouldn’t have to eat any poop just yet, but I feel like preseason/camp are just impossible to decipher in general now. 

Best thing I can say about the coach is basically what you said - he has the team buying into his culture/system. You could also argue the softer camp has helped with injuries. 

I’m not eating poop (yet!) because I think Saleh has been great, but I’m prepping the poop plate because I didn’t think he was capable of even getting the Jets to this stage, where they’re a pain in the ass to play against. They’re extremely physical, which most teams in 2022 simply can’t match up with. I believed they’d be baby-poop soft, as evidenced last year when they had the 31st ranked defense and couldn’t stop the run. Hell, they were the 32nd ranked defense by DVOA after week three this season (iirc), but they flipped a switch and turned it around. All credit to Saleh. He has a plan and he’s executing it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

Yesterdays game.
The Good.  Great effort for 60 minutes. 
The Bad: Offense script to start games is awful
The Ugly: End of the half game management was putrid.  Third down call has to be a run to make sure the Packers aren't in position to score before the half.
The team is flat loaded on both sides of the ball.  The Jets have yet to face an opponent with as much overall balanced power.  They are playing hard to the gun.  That alone wins lots of games.  They need to get out of the gate on both sides of the ball and the HC has to manage situations.  This is a playoff team, maybe a team that can make a deep run.  Time to start getting the details right.
We got a break yesterday KC lost.  We control our destainy.  Great coaching staffs with this kind of talent can win it all.  

Agreed that the offensive script to start games leaves us scratching our heads but it's fair to say that Lafleur is making adjustments on the fly...

One additional note...our special teams play is absolutely out of this world

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I'm in Chili's yesterday eating lunch and I'm saying the same exact thing.... 

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not eating poop (yet!) because I think Saleh has been great, but I’m prepping the poop plate because I didn’t think he was capable of even getting the Jets to this stage, where they’re a pain in the ass to play against. They’re extremely physical, which most teams in 2022 simply can’t match up with. I believed they’d be baby-poop soft, as evidenced last year when they had the 31st ranked defense and couldn’t stop the run. Hell, they were the 32nd ranked defense by DVOA after week three this season (iirc), but they flipped a switch and turned it around. All credit to Saleh. He has a plan and he’s executing it. 

That was your mistake, looking for evidence of anything last year. Last year was a 20 game exhibition season. He was installing his systems and changing the culture while trying to break in a rookie QB. It was always gonna be ugly. The defense lost their only major acquisition before the season started. They didn’t draft any defenders until the fifth round, and then started a few of them. It’s looking like that paid off with Echols, at least, looking like a valuable sub. But that first year, despite Saleh coming from the defensive side of the ball, the focus was on righting the offense. This is one of my favorite things about Saleh. Unlike the team’s previous three head coaches, he’s not a coordinator with a head coach title; he’s a head coach. 

This year they brought in some horses. Sauce and Hall are 100% legit RoY candidates. Credit for that, I suspect, goes to the teamwork between JD and Saleh. A lot of the failures of the first draft had a lot to do with drafting with Gase and his uninspired vision, imho, among other minor issues like a worldwide pandemic. The last two have been fantastic. The only rookie who hasn’t really contributed is Ruckert, who’s stuck behind two solid FA pickups. His time will come. 

The culture change appears to be real. At least in this snapshot of time. This is a young team that believes in themselves and what they’re doing. They’re completely unaware of the SOJ ghosts haunting the premises. They’ve exceeded my expectations so far. I never envisioned 4-2 at this stage. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

He certainly has started to make adjustments and has the players believing.  We’re finally see that potential many people saw as him as a head coach.  His hire was pretty well received given his backround in San Francisco.  He certainly didn’t get off to a good start but hopefully has turned the corner 

16 minutes ago, slats said:

That was your mistake, looking for evidence of anything last year. Last year was a 20 game exhibition season. He was installing his systems and changing the culture while trying to break in a rookie QB. It was always gonna be ugly. The defense lost their only major acquisition before the season started. They didn’t draft any defenders until the fifth round, and then started a few of them. It’s looking like that paid off with Echols, at least, looking like a valuable sub. But that first year, despite Saleh coming from the defensive side of the ball, the focus was on righting the offense. This is one of my favorite things about Saleh. Unlike the team’s previous three head coaches, he’s not a coordinator with a head coach title; he’s a head coach. 

This year they brought in some horses. Sauce and Hall are 100% legit RoY candidates. Credit for that, I suspect, goes to the teamwork between JD and Saleh. A lot of the failures of the first draft had a lot to do with drafting with Gase and his uninspired vision, imho, among other minor issues like a worldwide pandemic. The last two have been fantastic. The only rookie who hasn’t really contributed is Ruckert, who’s stuck behind two solid FA pickups. His time will come. 

The culture change appears to be real. At least in this snapshot of time. This is a young team that believes in themselves and what they’re doing. They’re completely unaware of the SOJ ghosts haunting the premises. They’ve exceeded my expectations so far. I never envisioned 4-2 at this stage. 

I don’t think it was a mistake to take lessons from his year one. Yes, he was dealing with a lot of personnel and culture issues, but nobody watching that team came away thinking they were particularly inspirational. He’s absolutely exceeded expectations this year, obviously, and they still have some serious liabilities to sort out moving forward, but kudos to Saleh for righting the ship to this point. He identified a path toward competence and they’re executing it. It looks so much like that 2012 Seattle team, but if they stuck with Matt Flynn instead of drafting Russell Wilson. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think it was a mistake to take lessons from his year one. Yes, he was dealing with a lot of personnel and culture issues, but nobody watching that team came away thinking they were particularly inspirational. He’s absolutely exceeded expectations this year, obviously, and they still have some serious liabilities to sort out moving forward, but kudos to Saleh for righting the ship to this point. He identified a path toward competence and they’re executing it. It looks so much like that 2012 Seattle team, but if they stuck with Matt Flynn instead of drafting Russell Wilson. 

You just can't help yourself.

I see a second plate of sh*t in your future!