Why is this forum so insufferable?

16 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I for one am thrilled. We have a solid core of players that appear to be able to stay in any game.

I am wearing my Jets gear proudly here in the south.

But to ignore Zach's very strong weakness is also foolish.

He was running for his life but at times he appeared to be playing street football with happy feet.

First time in a long time the jets have gave us something to feel good about

I’m not really worrying about when the bad qb play will catch up to the jets, there winning and there winning with Wilson playing the way he plays, that works until it doesn’t, when it doesn’t I’ll start to worry 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

45 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i think the problem is zero improvement from zach and losing our 2 best players on offense

Zack is improving by finding ways to lead and win. And he is doing that as well as any QB out there right now. After injuries to the 3 best starters on O he said in the huddle take it as an opportunity and grow a pair(of b@lls) so he is running the team well. Fans sometimes don’t understand how tough it is to even get to 16 points and win a game in Denver against a D that good.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Enjoy the ******* ride and stop being bitches... 

A whole sermon ??

We’ve always had instances of emotional rollercoasters during a game but the crying is at an all time high this year. I don’t get it. After every misstep the game is over according to some of these whiners. It’s not just here but in many of the Jets spaces on the interwebz....

I don’t know if Zach is a franchise QB. I don’t know where this season will take us.....just enjoy the freaking ride geez! 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

If there was both sides of the coin I wouldn't have posted. 

LOL. 

Since the game ended I actually think I've made more positive posts about the Jets than you have. You seem much more interest in sticking it to other Jets fans than actually discussing the game. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

After every win or loss? 

News flash the Jets are 5-2...with the second best record in the AFC only a half a game behind Bills for the best record. 

Everyone in here sounds like the national broadcast making excuses for why the won. 

The board cried when they lost Becton and said he was a bum. 

Then the board gave up when Zach Wilson went down... Some vowing to not watch the rest of the reason @Mogglez

Everyone sobbed about D Brown and how the Jets would never see him again.

Then the board whined after the Ravens game... They want ulbrich fired and said he was the worst coach ever and Lafluer needed to take over coaching. 

The board laughed at the improbable comeback in Cleveland, saying it was a lucky fluke. 

The board gave up after the Bengals game... Saying they would not win another game. 

After a great come back in Pittsburgh everyone complained that zach only played well for 1 quarter. 

The board gave up again after they lost max mitchell.

The board cried that the Miami win was close until the 4th quarter and they were lucky to get their 3rd string qb... 

The board slobbered over the fact Aaron Rodgers is on the downside of his career. 

The board was in awe over Moore wanted out and blamed everyone but the Diva wide receiver. 

Now they beat one of the best defenses in the NFL that just got back their star Safety and yet more crying... 

Yes it sucks they lost Hall but Mc is very good and don't sleep on Bam Knight. 

Yes it sucks if the best OL that this board called a waste of draft capital to spend that much on a guard... 

Yes it sucks that Davis went out and couldn't get back in the game... 

But despite it all they still won... When has a Jets team in the past 2 decades been this resilient... 

Sure it's going to be a huge challenge to beat NE but at least they are home. 

Who knows how they win this next game... But I still feel better about 5-2.no matter how they got there. 

I understand frustration and how it keeps working against the Jets but who cares... 

PVO... ? 

Championship post.

I blame the age of fantasy sports. If all players don't put up good fantasy stats, the player sucks no matter what.

Then there is the hyper cynical faction, they are the worst.

Very few live in reality!

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

Just now, hawk said:

It is so insufferable here not to be able to so insufferable because some hold reasonable accountability.

Is it OK to be excited with a team that is completely transformed from a bottom tier talent team to one that can actually absorb some injuries and still have above average talent intheir depth, all in one or two years?

Is it OK to be excited that the team is exceeding all expectations with a record of 5-2 and now is expected to win?

Is it exciting to see our newest talent(s) being feared in Garrett Wilson / Breece Hall (albeit now injured) / Sauce Gardner

AND...OR...BUT....BESIDES....

It's okay for now but don't take it to far. 

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Let him roll. The irony of someone using PVO to blast the board with vitriol is too delicious.

I'm reading the forst post and I am like wtf? If anything the board has been mostly positive. Threads about Zach sucking were actually  locked multiple  times yesterday.  I didn't  even see the game yet but I'm glad we won. I'll watch it later but from what I gleaned, Zach had a pretty Zach like performance, and Denver sucked like I thought they would. I mean who the Hell was crying over Max Mitchell except maybe Jif. 

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

It's okay for now but don't take it to far. 

Oh, so can I have an example of too far.  Is there a rule section that can be addressed?  A manual?

From what I can tell it's don't say anything that one should be accountable.  Even if it is the engine that pulls the train.

6 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

Championship post.

I blame the age of fantasy sports. If all players don't put up good fantasy stats, the player sucks no matter what.

Don't  worry about this. Nobody has any Jet players in their starting lineup. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

Championship post.

I blame the positive vibe at all cost mentality.  Very few realize walking across the street without looking both ways is dangerous.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, hawk said:

Oh, so can I have an example of too far.  Is there a rule section that can be addressed?  A manual?

From what I can tell it's don't say anything that one should be accountable.  Even if it is the engine that pulls the train.

It's a secret to keep the masses slighly more paranoid than they should be. 

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Maybe you just don’t like this community, or your fellow fans.  

First, you keep saying ‘The Board said…’ as if we were some hive mind. We’re not. Most folks didn’t say what you claim ‘The Board’ said.

Second, do you honestly think anyone here is mad we won yesterday, or mad we’re 5-2?

Or do you think they’re mad/worried/concerned our QB is basically the lowest producing guy in the NFL? Or that we look like we lost our Offensive MVP in Hall. Or that we’re on O-lineman #23 and AVT is now hurt?

Are you happy about all these things? If not, are you being insufferable?  Or are we just insufferable for talking about it?

"I'm all for free expressions of opinions... oh, well, not those opinions."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Maybe you just don’t like this community, or your fellow fans.  

First, you keep saying ‘The Board said…’ as if we were some hive mind. We’re not. Most folks didn’t say what you claim ‘The Board’ said.

Second, do you honestly think anyone here is mad we won yesterday, or mad we’re 5-2?

Or do you think they’re mad/worried/concerned our QB is basically the lowest producing guy in the NFL? Or that we look like we lost our Offensive MVP in Hall. Or that we’re on O-lineman #23 and AVT is now hurt?

Are you happy about all these things? If not, are you being insufferable?  Or are we just insufferable for talking about it?

Personally yesterdays game was close to what I expected before losing AVT,Hall and Davis. Hard fought  battle and Zach looking bad. Zach looked worse than  I thought, but you are right, those injuries have just knocked the wind out for of my sails. Without those three next week we are dead in the water hosting the Pats next week. Sucks, really would have liked to play them at full strength. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Bring Zach into any thread is legit. He is the QB and now he is the guy that needs to step up, not Carter. Carter is a good player, Breece is superstar in the making. Zach was the second overall pick. When your team invests like that, there are expectations. People will talk about that no matter what. And who the Hell cares about what you personally want to see and don't want to see in a thread? I doubt anyone here is posting with the thought of should I write this or not because it might annoy you. 

Main Character Syndrome -- everything has a nexus to meeeeee....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Personally yesterdays game was close to what I expected before losing AVT,Hall and Davis. Hard fought  battle and Zach looking bad. Zach looked worse than  I thought, but you are right, those injuries have just knocked the wind out for of my sails. Without those three next week we are dead in the water hosting the Pats next week. Sucks, really would have liked to play them at full strength. 

Our Defense is intact. It's  going to be a really low scoring game. I be the over/under is going to be about 35. 

After every win or loss? 

News flash the Jets are 5-2...with the second best record in the AFC only a half a game behind Bills for the best record. 

Everyone in here sounds like the national broadcast making excuses for why the won. 

The board cried when they lost Becton and said he was a bum. 

Then the board gave up when Zach Wilson went down... Some vowing to not watch the rest of the reason @Mogglez

Everyone sobbed about D Brown and how the Jets would never see him again.

Then the board whined after the Ravens game... They want ulbrich fired and said he was the worst coach ever and Lafluer needed to take over coaching. 

The board laughed at the improbable comeback in Cleveland, saying it was a lucky fluke. 

The board gave up after the Bengals game... Saying they would not win another game. 

After a great come back in Pittsburgh everyone complained that zach only played well for 1 quarter. 

The board gave up again after they lost max mitchell.

The board cried that the Miami win was close until the 4th quarter and they were lucky to get their 3rd string qb... 

The board slobbered over the fact Aaron Rodgers is on the downside of his career. 

The board was in awe over Moore wanted out and blamed everyone but the Diva wide receiver. 

Now they beat one of the best defenses in the NFL that just got back their star Safety and yet more crying... 

Yes it sucks they lost Hall but Mc is very good and don't sleep on Bam Knight. 

Yes it sucks if the best OL that this board called a waste of draft capital to spend that much on a guard... 

Yes it sucks that Davis went out and couldn't get back in the game... 

But despite it all they still won... When has a Jets team in the past 2 decades been this resilient... 

Sure it's going to be a huge challenge to beat NE but at least they are home. 

Who knows how they win this next game... But I still feel better about 5-2.no matter how they got there. 

I understand frustration and how it keeps working against the Jets but who cares... 

PVO... ? 

it’s a tale as old as time: homer content is boring, you’re bad at it and it stimulates no one to the point that homers don’t even like talking to homers. After every win in Jets history, there was a “Yeah baby” thread that immediately scrolled off the front page in 30 seconds. By far, the two most active post-game threads on JN yesterday were the “Zach Sucks” threads, and those were driven by two dudes  saying “Zach sucks!,” with another small subset saying agreeing, and—mostly—a pack of dudes complaining about the existence of the very threads that they, themselves, are blowing up. There are a ton of positive Jets storylines to talk and post about, but I never, ever see the people who complain about the tone of the board discussing those things.

There are, at any one time, twenty “journalists” and writers whose job it is to cover the Jets, every day. They’ve been doing it forever. The names change, the faces change—all told, there’ve probably been around 100 different career journalists in my lifetime who made a living covering the Jets. In that time, you know was, by FAR, the most famous, the most discussed, and the most successful of those 100 writers? Manish Mehta. And Mehta was a legitimate psychopath! But Jets fans loved it! Couldn’t stop talking about him, RTing him, copy/pasting every one of his articles, linking him, linking his tweets, linking to tweets responding to his tweets…on and on. Why do we think that is? 

You don’t follow the dog-ass Jets because you like positive storylines. You don’t really care if people are nice to the Jets, or treat them fairly. Just admit that you *like* the negativity, you’re stimulated by it, it challenges you and it’s fun to be upset about. It’s fine. It’s human nature. It’s why bug zappers are so effective. Be the bug. It’s fine.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1