Why is this forum so insufferable?

22 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Beeece and AVT were the offensive co-MVP's of the season and both just went down with injury.

The FQB needs to step up or we're going to look more like the Broncos post Javonte injury than we're comfortable with. 

Simple as this

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

That’s my biggest concern as well.  It would be fun to have a discussion about the reasons.

1. Footwork?

2. Early game jitters?

3. Case of the Yips?  I mean some of these are easy throws … 

4. Being coached to play scared/tight

Wtf is going on?

Mechanically everything looks good. I was afraid of the yips/jitters last year, but it looks like he's totally over that. He's stuck in the pocket and isn't afraid of a pass rush which I think is huge. From what I saw yesterday, the first pass had to be a miscommunication or mental breakdown; everything was clean about the throw. Defender was in his face but didn't effect him. I'm guessing he was targeting Conklin because he fell, but he had Corey Davis wide open underneath. Second throw was a throw away, 3rd throw is not as bad after review as it looked live - he was trying to get it over the LB's reach which disrupted the placement of the throw. Still, he just needs to be more accurate in these non-critical moments. My personal take? He's played best when there's pressure or a sense of urgency. Find a way to get 4th quarter Zach out of him early in the game and we'll see the 20/30 225 yards 2 TD lines more consistently, but if fans are clamoring for 300+ yard performances they're going to be let down one way or another... unless a game is very close or they're losing, they simply won't throw a ton. 

I know for sure he's been coached to play ultra-conservative by design. It's no secret that the Jets feel strongly that the sky is the limit for Zach if he masters being a boring QB. If he's able to play with high end down-to-down efficiency, they feel it will make him a more efficient playmaker long-term. They think its just a matter of time before he and the playmakers are able to pop, but it was never going to be in this game. The game plan was to be conservative because they felt that's how the Broncos defense could get beat (which is also why Elijah Moore freaked on Thursday). It as all about being high percentage and getting first downs yesterday. The next 2 weeks will be much more leaning on the pass. Obviously hoping we unexpectedly blow out the Patriots/Bills and won't need to, but regardless of score I think its a safe bet that Zach will pass a lot more these next 2 games for a few reasons: (1) losing Breece will mean they try to find ways to get the ball in other playmakers' hands; (2) New England will focus on stopping us on the ground and limiting OL movement, so LaFleur will probably anticipate it and play a little chess by passing to set up the run; (3) they are aware Buffalo is a juggernaut and won't feel as comfortable taking the foot off the gas if they do take the lead in that game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He played balls out big time QB in crunch time in Pitt.  He did a solid job of managing the game against Miami.  In Green Bay he didn't do to much either way but made a couple of key throws on a key drive that turned the game in our favor.   He also avoided the big turnover in a game where Green Bay couldn't get anything going against our D.  He was outright dogsh*t in Denver yesterday.

The best thing he did the last two weeks is not put the ball on the turf or throw a pick.  At some point he has to turn that around and start throwing the ball alot better or the picks and turnovers are going to come in bunches.  

I don't want him replaced.  I don't love what I'm seeing out of our pass protection or Zach.  With Hall gone and maybe AVT for a few games Zach is going to have to throw the ball alot better for this team to continue winning. 

If Zach melts down I don't believe they will stay with him come hell or high-water.  Saleh and Douglas are in a different gear this year than last year.  They are in win mode and as long as they can develop Zach and win he's playing.  At any point they don't believe that he's going to be benched. 

I don't see it the same way you do.  This is a team that has a lot of the pieces needed to win and they aren't sacrificing the season to develop the QB. 

Well who are you going to?

Flacco? Flacco likely loses all 4 of these games

White? He had ONE good game and was pretty awful outside of that

Streveler?

He is still our best QB. There is nothing out there that is really a better option and we are not going to use a high pick at QB in this years draft. They are also never moving away from a QB that is winning.

They are not benching Zach pretty much ever. They may decide to move on at some point but not this year and almost definitely not next year,

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The bold reminds me of the 2004 Jets who started out 5-0.  Back in the JI days I recall a lot of people calling that start a mirage too and being reprimanded for it.  

That team ended up finishing 5-6 and losing out on the division title as a result.  Yeah, they beat the Chargers in the playoffs but no one ended up being happy with how that season played out.

I'm happy we're 5-2, contrary to popular opinion.  But HOW we're winning games is actually important, because you need to have traits that are sustainable to KEEP winning.  Anyone truly think this team is winning any of the next 3 games while we're forced to lean on Zach Wilson?  Didn't think so.

That was the season that broke me. I was a wide-eyed 18 year old kid thinking we had found a FQB in Chad in '02. '03 was injuries. '04 was going to be our year. Started out 5-0. I was one of those kids that wasn't going to hear any of the negative nellies nonsense. Beat SD back when they were one of the most talented teams in the entire league, and then went to Pitts. And Chad did Chad things again for the entire game. Same as the Oakland playoff game 2 years prior. That's when I knew that he wasn't who I thought he was. It was literally my coming of age game as a sports fan.

I was happy we were 4-2. We had an actual WR corp for only the second time in my life (Braylon, Santonio, Jerricho is still #1). We drafted a stud RB1 for the first time in my life. AVT was on pace to be an all-pro at like 3 positions on the OL. The defense was playing great even if it was against backup QBs. We were winning games that we should have won - that's a rarity for us. Everything was good - except the QB. And we came to internet messageboards to discuss the Jets with other Jets fans, and got called diseased haters and debbie downers because we dared to criticize the worst QB in the league for 17 straight starts.

Well, now all of those people who didn't want to hear it are going to get their chance to take their victory laps - and frankly I hope they do. I'd love to see Zach go out and put the team on his back and win games without Davis, Moore, Mims, Breece, and AVT. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

5 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

How this place has gotten 10x more toxic during a (so far) winning season is beyond me. 

Everyone always told me that our post counts would go down if they Jets starting winning.

Boy were they wrong. Record #s here lately despite the winning streak.

• Upvote 1

Just now, johnnysd said:

Well who are you going to?

Flacco? Flacco likely loses all 4 of these games

White? He had ONE good game and was pretty awful outside of that

Streveler?

He is still our best QB. There is nothing out there that is really a better option and we are not going to use a high pick at QB in this years draft. They are also never moving away from a QB that is winning.

They are not benching Zach pretty much ever. They may decide to move on at some point but not this year and almost definitely not next year,

If Zippy outplays Zach and Zach looks lost were going to sit him.

• Upvote 1

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

That was the season that broke me. I was a wide-eyed 18 year old kid thinking we had found a FQB in Chad in '02. '03 was injuries. '04 was going to be our year. Started out 5-0. I was one of those kids that wasn't going to hear any of the negative nellies nonsense. Beat SD back when they were one of the most talented teams in the entire league, and then went to Pitts. And Chad did Chad things again for the entire game. Same as the Oakland playoff game 2 years prior. That's when I knew that he wasn't who I thought he was. It was literally my coming of age game as a sports fan.

I was happy we were 4-2. We had an actual WR corp for only the second time in my life (Braylon, Santonio, Jerricho is still #1). We drafted a stud RB1 for the first time in my life. AVT was on pace to be an all-pro at like 3 positions on the OL. The defense was playing great even if it was against backup QBs. We were winning games that we should have won - that's a rarity for us. Everything was good - except the QB. And we came to internet messageboards to discuss the Jets with other Jets fans, and got called diseased haters and debbie downers because we dared to criticize the worst QB in the league for 17 straight starts.

Well, now all of those people who didn't want to hear it are going to get their chance to take their victory laps - and frankly I hope they do. I'd love to see Zach go out and put the team on his back and win games without Davis, Moore, Mims, Breece, and AVT. 

The difference was back then on ji posts blasting the Jets were censored.

I had the webmaster login as me to read all my messages.

Dont talk bad about Coles because the webmaster is introducing him to girls.

But I digress.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Are there some who will never be happy? Maybe. The Purity Test crowd can **** right off though. 

The kids call this gatekeeping 

"you can't be a fan of the jets unless you do it a proper way" 

Yeah OK summer child

I've been rooting for this team since rotary land lines 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The bold reminds me of the 2004 Jets who started out 5-0.  Back in the JI days I recall a lot of people calling that start a mirage too and being reprimanded for it.  

That team ended up finishing 5-6 and losing out on the division title as a result.  Yeah, they beat the Chargers in the playoffs but no one ended up being happy with how that season played out.

I'm happy we're 5-2, contrary to popular opinion.  But HOW we're winning games is actually important, because you need to have traits that are sustainable to KEEP winning.  Anyone truly think this team is winning any of the next 3 games while we're forced to lean on Zach Wilson?  Didn't think so.

4 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I would add the Buffalo season back in early 2000's where under Fitz they were 5-0 and missed the playoffs. Greenwich, I apparently am 20 years older than you and I remember thinking Chad would be our 10 year solid QB and being so disappointed. This team, without Zach playing at least average, can't go very far. Winning 10 games and exiting the playoffs we've done for 40 years. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The kids call this gatekeeping 

"you can't be a fan of the jets unless you do it a proper way" 

Yeah OK summer child

I've been rooting for this team since rotary land lines 

Exactly. Am I happy to be 5-2? Of course. Competition matters though. I think we're a bit of a Paper Tiger. 

The worst fan base that I root for though is the Rangers. Love the Rangers but watch your back if you speak ill of anything Blueshirts. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

To me the only overly ridiculous amount of bitching has been about the QB.

Well... The QB spot is key in thus day and age.  And, the one the Jets have now is crawling with clues that he wont work out.  No QB = No Team

Now that they have lost their primary ball carrier, they will have to rely more on the QB.

AND... They are playing NE next.  BB is well known for confounding shaky QBs.

Let's see how this game goes for ZW.  I dont expect it will be pretty. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Whenever I see the line 'enjoy the ride' and stop complaining i know I am going to hate and think the rest of the post sucks.

The enjoy the ride theme is a total loser mentality, I've seen if for years on another sports team forum I am on a lot that has been awful for a long time.

To me the only overly ridiculous amount of bitching has been about the QB.

And that ride will come to a screeching halt the moment we start losing games largely because of the QB, starting this week against NE.  Life comes at you fast.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

After every win or loss? 

News flash the Jets are 5-2...with the second best record in the AFC only a half a game behind Bills for the best record. 

Everyone in here sounds like the national broadcast making excuses for why the won. 

The board cried when they lost Becton and said he was a bum. 

Then the board gave up when Zach Wilson went down... Some vowing to not watch the rest of the reason @Mogglez

Everyone sobbed about D Brown and how the Jets would never see him again.

Then the board whined after the Ravens game... They want ulbrich fired and said he was the worst coach ever and Lafluer needed to take over coaching. 

The board laughed at the improbable comeback in Cleveland, saying it was a lucky fluke. 

The board gave up after the Bengals game... Saying they would not win another game. 

After a great come back in Pittsburgh everyone complained that zach only played well for 1 quarter. 

The board gave up again after they lost max mitchell.

The board cried that the Miami win was close until the 4th quarter and they were lucky to get their 3rd string qb... 

The board slobbered over the fact Aaron Rodgers is on the downside of his career. 

The board was in awe over Moore wanted out and blamed everyone but the Diva wide receiver. 

Now they beat one of the best defenses in the NFL that just got back their star Safety and yet more crying... 

Yes it sucks they lost Hall but Mc is very good and don't sleep on Bam Knight. 

Yes it sucks if the best OL that this board called a waste of draft capital to spend that much on a guard... 

Yes it sucks that Davis went out and couldn't get back in the game... 

But despite it all they still won... When has a Jets team in the past 2 decades been this resilient... 

Sure it's going to be a huge challenge to beat NE but at least they are home. 

Who knows how they win this next game... But I still feel better about 5-2.no matter how they got there. 

I understand frustration and how it keeps working against the Jets but who cares... 

Enjoy the ******* ride and stop being bitches... 

PVO... ? 

it’s because there are a bunch of sociopaths and personality disorders lurking on this forum. No matter what the result you get the same reaction 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet9 said:

Exactly. Am I happy to be 5-2? Of course. Competition matters though. I think we're a bit of a Paper Tiger. 

The worst fan base that I root for though is the Rangers. Love the Rangers but watch your back if you speak ill of anything Blueshirts. 

Not so sure about "paper tiger". We won our last 3 games pretty convincingly. 

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Mechanically everything looks good. I was afraid of the yips/jitters last year, but it looks like he's totally over that. He's stuck in the pocket and isn't afraid of a pass rush which I think is huge. From what I saw yesterday, the first pass had to be a miscommunication or mental breakdown; everything was clean about the throw. Defender was in his face but didn't effect him. I'm guessing he was targeting Conklin because he fell, but he had Corey Davis wide open underneath. Second throw was a throw away, 3rd throw is not as bad after review as it looked live - he was trying to get it over the LB's reach which disrupted the placement of the throw. Still, he just needs to be more accurate in these non-critical moments. My personal take? He's played best when there's pressure or a sense of urgency. Find a way to get 4th quarter Zach out of him early in the game and we'll see the 20/30 225 yards 2 TD lines more consistently, but if fans are clamoring for 300+ yard performances they're going to be let down one way or another... unless a game is very close or they're losing, they simply won't throw a ton. 

I know for sure he's been coached to play ultra-conservative by design. It's no secret that the Jets feel strongly that the sky is the limit for Zach if he masters being a boring QB. If he's able to play with high end down-to-down efficiency, they feel it will make him a more efficient playmaker long-term. They think its just a matter of time before he and the playmakers are able to pop, but it was never going to be in this game. The game plan was to be conservative because they felt that's how the Broncos defense could get beat (which is also why Elijah Moore freaked on Thursday). It as all about being high percentage and getting first downs yesterday. The next 2 weeks will be much more leaning on the pass. Obviously hoping we unexpectedly blow out the Patriots/Bills and won't need to, but regardless of score I think its a safe bet that Zach will pass a lot more these next 2 games for a few reasons: (1) losing Breece will mean they try to find ways to get the ball in other playmakers' hands; (2) New England will focus on stopping us on the ground and limiting OL movement, so LaFleur will probably anticipate it and play a little chess by passing to set up the run; (3) they are aware Buffalo is a juggernaut and won't feel as comfortable taking the foot off the gas if they do take the lead in that game. 

Really interesting perspectives.  They very much match my own instincts and what I wrote in a post yesterday. 

Out of curiosity, do you work in the building?

31 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Not so sure about "paper tiger". We won our last 3 games pretty convincingly. 

James Franco Omg GIF

We won (lets agree on that) because of #20... who we just lost for the year. 

I saved you a spot over here in reality. You can have it now, or after next week. Up to you. 

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And that ride will come to a screeching halt the moment we start losing games largely because of the QB, starting this week against NE.  Life comes at you fast.

Well my issue with the people who are quite anti Zac is not them having that opinion, it is legit.  My beef is when they try to paint anyone that is not as critical as they are of the QB as being rampant zac fan boys that think he is awesome.  While ignoring legit parts of the over all conversation.

Not turning the ball over is a VERY legit plus quality for a QB.  We see every week guys with gaudy stats that turn it over and lose games as a result.  Our own jets teams of past had poor Qbing who tuned it over and we lost.  The guy we have right now is giving us poor Qbing but is not turning it over and we are winning.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Well my issue with the people who are quite anti Zac is not them having that opinion, it is legit.  My beef is when they try to paint anyone that is not as critical as they are of the QB as being rampant zac fan boys that think he is awesome.  While ignoring legit parts of the over all conversation.

Not turning the ball over is a VERY legit plus quality for a QB.  We see every week guys with gaudy stats that turn it over and lose games as a result.  Our own jets teams of past had poor Qbing who tuned it over and we lost.  The guy we have right now is giving us poor Qbing but is not turning it over and we are winning.

This is part of my point of calling extremism... Maybe that was bad terminology but it's you are either in the court that he is terrible and will never amount to anything or you are a fan boy and think he is the greatest qb ever... I hate having to try to defend him because he is doing dumb and lousy things. 

But he is also winning and still driving the team to get necessary points like the field goal trips he took in the 4th quarter in Denver... Without those the jets probably lose. 

I also think the game plans have been heavy run due to the defenses he has played... Does the sucking against these very good pass defenses mean he is going to suck against bad defenses... I am not sure... But I am also middle of the road on him and sometimes see too much complexity in Lafleurs schemes for him to Excell...

I hate that it has to be extreme one end or the other with these posters. 

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You think the Jets lose this week at home vs the Pats?

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is just what a rampant Zach fanboi would say.

• Haha 1