The disease

No matter how good your line is, teams are going to pressure quarterbacks in the NFL. Good NFL quarterbacks have answers when pressured. No matter how pretty it is when things are clean, guys who don’t have answers when pressured don’t last in the NFL.

Boggles my mind teams continue to ignore this predraft, but here we are.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Or, here’s a novel idea: stop calling people diseased because they don’t see the world you do. The QB has sucked for 18 straight games to start his career. Good on you for finally acknowledging it the last few days but doesn’t absolve you of being a ******* a$$hole for the weeks leading up to it. 

You called yourself diseased dude.  Hahahaha.

Just now, T0mShane said:

You knew when the pro-Zach people started getting super-hostile that they knew this was coming. The bottom is falling out for them.

I think the fact the rest of the team looks great makes it sting even more for them. 

I suspect we are 5-5 by the end of the next 2 games and we will start getting more locker room grumbling about Zach, other than Moore. 

That's when this forum will get REALLY good. 

• Upvote 1

Obviously this CS seems something during the week which makes them believe some how that ZW is a FQB. They called up Steveler and dressed him over Flacco today. Its time to see if this guy can play. We can throw ints with ZW or CS, would like to see if he can protect the ball maybe? No getting around it, ZW has been absolutely awful this season.

25 minutes ago, derp said:

No matter how good your line is, teams are going to pressure quarterbacks in the NFL. Good NFL quarterbacks have answers when pressured. No matter how pretty it is when things are clean, guys who don’t have answers when pressured don’t last in the NFL.

Boggles my mind teams continue to ignore this predraft, but here we are.

The absolute worst was 4th and 5, the whole middle of the line opened up and he could have crawled for a first down.   He saw it, started, and then threw it away.  He is a ******* coward.

This is a business for him and has nothing to do with the actual game.

He is going to lose the locker room, if he hasn't already (Elijay Moore(who can be shipped right off with him.))

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Questioning a struggling qb isnt this disease.  Im questioning the qb.  You shouldnt post about the disease if u dont understand what it is.

The real disease is blindness.

No other cause for it taking you so long to see what so many of us already knew.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I’m old enough to remember when only a few of us were infected with “the disease”. Despite the win streak, we tried warning the rest of you. We told you that Zach was being hidden by LaFleur on purpose, and that we were winning despite his presence on the field. We challenged you to rattle off just 1 time in his entire career where he looked like a FQB for an entire game - or at least for most of one. We absorbed downvotes and insults week after week. We told you not to get caught up in being a fanboy- and instead to root for the laundry. We asked you to open your eyes to see how good this team really is in terms of both talent and coaching - and begged you to be honest with yourselves about the fact that Zach was holding us back. 

You didn’t want to hear it. I get it. It’s passion. It’s heart. It’s your version of bleeding green. Except you kept calling us diseased. Week after week, we were referred to as diseased people.

Today, with so many new infections, I hope we can finally stop with “the disease”.

Im surprised you haven’t been NEG repped yet.  I made a comment on Zach’s struggles and got the kool aid drinkers neg repping me. We have a VERY GOOD team.  Weak OLINE and right now, a bad QB.  But we have talent.  We need eliminate penalties, turnovers and Zach must play at least average. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I got off the wagon awhile back and I credit in the following order: 

1 - (tie) @Jetsfan80 and @T0mShane

2 - My own two god damn eyes and objectivity. 

3 - The Pro Zach sheeple's fervor on this forum. 

The pro Zach crew on here has been over the top aggressive…a unique bunch for sure .I’ve barely missed a snap since 1983 and have been attacked as a fake fan ( someone even called for me to be banned ) for objectively pointing out Zach sucks …like we could will him to not suck or something . 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Im surprised you haven’t been NEG repped yet.  I made a comment on Zach’s struggles and got the kool aid drinkers neg repping me. We have a VERY GOOD team.  Weak OLINE and right now, a bad QB.  But we have talent.  We need eliminate penalties, turnovers and Zach must play at least average. 

I think I had like 2 NEG reps in 12 years until I started ( correctly ) pointing out zach sucks …now I’m on the leader board of NEG reps lol …oh well 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I’m old enough to remember when only a few of us were infected with “the disease”. Despite the win streak, we tried warning the rest of you. We told you that Zach was being hidden by LaFleur on purpose, and that we were winning despite his presence on the field. We challenged you to rattle off just 1 time in his entire career where he looked like a FQB for an entire game - or at least for most of one. We absorbed downvotes and insults week after week. We told you not to get caught up in being a fanboy- and instead to root for the laundry. We asked you to open your eyes to see how good this team really is in terms of both talent and coaching - and begged you to be honest with yourselves about the fact that Zach was holding us back. 

You didn’t want to hear it. I get it. It’s passion. It’s heart. It’s your version of bleeding green. Except you kept calling us diseased. Week after week, we were referred to as diseased people.

Today, with so many new infections, I hope we can finally stop with “the disease”.

This post is fine but it has one major flaw. You were giving up on the guy way way way way too early. You could spinet anyway you like but you don’t draft the guy with your second pic of a draft and then give up on him with what?  Has it been a total of 16 starts so far? Sorry but that’s not how you play football and evaluate your guys. And please don’t try to make it sound like you’re some incredible visionary on this board that knew from day one that he was going to suck

25 minutes ago, hawk said:

The absolute worst was 4th and 5, the whole middle of the line opened up and he could have crawled for a first down.   He saw it, started, and then threw it away.  He is a ******* coward.

He is going to lose the locker room, if he hasn't already (Elijay Moore(who can be shipped right off with him.))

That was so bad. Why didn't he just pick up the first on 4th down instead of trying an insanely hard completion?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hawk said:

I’m not entirely sure he ever had the locker room.

• Upvote 1

Now, warning lights are flashing down at quality control
Somebody threw a spanner, they threw him in the hole
There's rumors in the loading bay and anger in the town
Somebody blew the whistle, and the walls came down
There's a meetin' in the boardroom, they're tryin' to trace the smell
There's a leakin' in the washroom, there's a sneak-in personnel
Somewhere in the corridors someone was heard to sneeze

45 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

This post is fine but it has one major flaw. You were giving up on the guy way way way way too early. You could spinet anyway you like but you don’t draft the guy with your second pic of a draft and then give up on him with what?  Has it been a total of 16 starts so far? Sorry but that’s not how you play football and evaluate your guys. And please don’t try to make it sound like you’re some incredible visionary on this board that knew from day one that he was going to suck

Dude, after Q's first 2 games, everyone was calling him a bust. Why woukd Zach get treated differently.  

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Dude, after Q's first 2 games, everyone was calling him a bust. Why woukd Zach get treated differently.  

Because he’s a quarterback that’s the most important position in the game it’s a simple as that. You have to give them time and evaluate them. I still want to evaluate the little jerk but my faith is definitely waining

9 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Because he’s a quarterback that’s the most important position in the game it’s a simple as that. You have to give them time and evaluate them. I still want to evaluate the little jerk but my faith is definitely waining

Honestly,  Zach has regressed.  He showed improvement  in maturity  up until today. Once he felt a need to press, he went back to street ball. The guy is not ever going to lead a team to a SB. As far as him getting different treatment than Q because he is a QB, I don't agree. Never has happened here and never will

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Honestly,  Zach has regressed.  He showed improvement  in maturity  up until today. Once he felt a need to press, he went back to street ball. The guy is not ever going to lead a team to a SB. As far as him getting different treatment than Q because he is a QB, I don't agree. Never has happened here and never will

Fair statement I won’t argue with you. Very disappointing over here I even smoke five cigarettes that’s how bad it is