Crazy Time: Calling it Now

JohnnyLV

Meh, not that crazy of a thought.  I expect a 4th quarter ball game again.  This D is that good and having an extra week to help figure out how to work Robinson in more effectively should help the offense and play a little better ball control/field position battle then they did vs. the Pats.  The fun will be watching Jets secondary vs. Bills WR's, but I think they can disrupt them just enough to keep it a close ball game.  Plus, it's a divisional game, crazy sh*t happens within the division. I dont expect to win but I dont think it's going to be anything different than you've seen all year long.  The Jets going punch for punch till the 4th quarter.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

The Bills lost to the Jaguars last year. They aren't going 16-1.

Agreed, get on the big upset bus family. It's happening! 

I was at that Jags-Bills game. It was almost unbelievable…the Jags hit Allen with some frequency and he never found his groove. I kept waiting, but nothing happened. Weird game..like 9-6 or something lol

5 hours ago, Stark said:

man I hope so.. I expect nothing, but hope so.

would be crazy and welcome. 

reversal on Zach if he actually has his "superstar" game moment. if its 120yds passing 1TD, 1 INT and the defense and run game carry us then there will be no reversal on Zach, more a confirmation that we are dealing with a lesser Sanchez

Well if Zach throws for 120 1 \ 1 and the Jets win, let's go!!!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, johnnysd said:

We are going to beat the Bills this weekend. Get ready to jump back on the bandwagon

Nicely done. Perfect message board prediction here.

If you’re wrong, nobody minds. You were just being a good fan hoping to see the team pull off an upset.

If you’re right, you get to take endless victory laps.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

My son texted me this morning saying something similar. He was like it would be funny to see the reversal on Zach if he balls out on Sunday and they win. Whiplash time, bring it on.

i would love to be wrong about Zach but history tells us that Zach would have to be the unicorns of all unicorns to pull that off.

• Upvote 1

no way we win this game. the defense will play well but because Zach cant move the offense against the #1 defense in the NFL they will get tired and by the 2nd half it wont even be close. maybe if Hall was here to dominate the game if would be different.

i said for weeks that Belichick would show the world how to beat Zach and he did. until he learns how to stay in the pocket and make a play he is done, and so are we as long as he keeps starting.

this will be the end of the Zach Wilson era. Mike White starts in NE.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like the team we best compare to is the Titans, except we have a worse QB and better CBs. The Bills pounded the Titans 41-7 a few weeks ago. 

Zach Wilson Will attempt 10-15 passes this week if he's lucky because this coaching staff has no faith at all in him. Getting in range for a 48 yard field goal and not throwing another pass to get a little closer should tell you all you need to know

• Upvote 1

Ha there's no way the Jets are beating the Bills. Their 2 best players on the O are out, and even if they were still in it would require elite QB play to beat this team, which we are far away from. 27-10 Bills if we're lucky

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like the team we best compare to is the Titans, except we have a worse QB and better CBs. The Bills pounded the Titans 41-7 a few weeks ago. 

If it’s 41-7 this Sunday, the walls will bleed across the proverbial Jet Nation. 

actually, what would be worse would be a 24-3 loss. D holds for 3 quarters largely and offense can’t move the ball. That would be kiss of death 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Unique set of circumstances in that one.  Early season game in Miami when its still basically summer.  And even then, the Bills still played great in that one; they were simply exhausted by the 3rd quarter and had players cramping up all over the place.

Nothing about that game applies to this one.

it was hot for both teams in that game...

5 hours ago, heymangold said:

it was hot for both teams in that game...

Just like the air is thin for both teams in Denver.  Funny thing is, humans get used to the environment they play in, and thus have an advantage as the home team.  Despite their recent struggles, its historically been difficult to win @ Denver.  It's also been historically difficult to win @ Miami in September.

It's also a big reason why home teams get a minimum of a 3-point bump by Vegas.

It’s the NFL anything is possible. They still have to line up on Sunday at 1pm and go out there and play the game. Heck we almost beat the defending champs Tampa Bay last year, and Jacksonville actually did beat Buffalo last year too. So yes it’s possible.

however, the offense needs to play a perfect game with 0 turnovers. The defense can keep us in it. Zach will need some magic tho

11 hours ago, Paradis said:

actually, what would be worse would be a 24-3 loss. D holds for 3 quarters largely and offense can’t move the ball. That would be kiss of death 

And this is exactly what I think is going to happen.  The defense will hold their own until late and ultimately wear down because an inefficient Jets offense will keep them on the field most of the game.

Bills beat two of the best teams in the NFL on the road, Rams and Chiefs. Las year, in both wins against the Jets, Bills scored a combined 72 points. I get it, our defense is alot better from last year. I'm just not seeing our offense consistently score or keep the chains moving enough to imagine they will win. But on any given Sunday...

On 11/2/2022 at 3:04 PM, jNYC1 said:

Zach will come out swinging against Buffalo.  He'll be stepping up in the pocket and throwing on early downs against the Bills' zone coverage and carving it up.  The defense will do what we did to Josh in our last game against Allen - hold him below 55% completion percentage and frustrate him.  The difference is this Sunday we'll sack him and force at least 1 turnover.

The Jets win and eliminate the foul taste from the loss to the Pats.  We'll rejoice at Zach's 2 TDs and 0 turnovers, 63% completion rate, and 247 yds in the air.  Enter into the bye on a high note, and somehow at the top of the division.

The possibilities are delicious... if Zach is a good QB on Sunday... 

Based on the 5 games he's played thus far, the above feels a little like a drug fueled fantasy... but as a Jets fan, I prefer the above over another week of below replacement level QB play.  I just don't have the confidence to say its a high probability outcome... probably less than 5%.

Zach did what I didn't think he could.  He played like a good QB today.

On the Zach bandwagon for next 2 weeks!  His play today provided much needed renewed hope!

• Upvote 1

On 11/2/2022 at 3:13 PM, IndianaJet said:

An upset is not out of the realm of possibility.

They key to beating Buffalo is getting controlled pressure on Allen with your front four.  If you blitz him, he will pick you apart.

The one thing the Jets have been doing well over the last couple of weeks is generating pressure with their front four.

The key again though is controlled pressure, get pressure but in a way the keeps in him in the pocket.

What this guy said.