Cimini: Jets defense has “raw” feelings towards Zach

Rhg1084

If I played on the defense I'd be furious, too. The defense did enough to win that game, especially with the help of the wind on those NE field goals. The defensive players should be proud of how hard they played all game. 

OTOH there's not anybody on offense who had a good game. Not a single great run, poor OL play and even the receivers often seemed deflated early in the game. The offensive playcalling was bland and basically the same losing strategy as the first NE game. I'm not covering for Zach and his post-game comments were as lousy as his performance, but he's not the only issue here. 

One of my big frustrations with the offensive playcalling, which is a Saleh issue, is it feels a lot like the Rex years where the offense plods along and the team sacrifices offensive production for a defensive bully and controlling the clock. Even when the offense has momentum it's like LaFleur takes the wind out of the sails.

Total props to the defensive players who stuck in there and played hard all game but they are being put in a position to succeed more than the offense. Most of the offensive players need to step up (especially Zach) but they also need to be put in a position where they can succeed.

Can someone post all the tweets and comments from the offense and the QB last year as the Defense was getting rolled for 45 points a game?  I must have missed them.  Can someone post all the tweets and comments about all the drops by the wrs from last year?  I must have missed them.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

As far as cold weather, it's the NFL.  Even if you play your home games in Tampa, you still can play road games in cold weather.

As for TB12 hating us, he also loves football.  And if he wants to continue his career, he's going to go where he'll have the best chance to win another Super Bowl.  And of those limited options, the Jets might well have the best situation for him.  I don't think this is as far-fetched as some might think.

Brady will never ever come to a team that plays in a division with Josh Allen and now Miami as competition.  He wants to win and came back this season because the NFC was putrid and the NFC itself was weak.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Brady will never ever come to a team that plays in a division with Josh Allen and now Miami as competition.  He wants to win and came back this season because the NFC was putrid and the NFC itself was weak.  

The Jets have already beaten both Josh Allen and Miami this year without TB12.

18 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I would not mind having either one of them. Both are astronomical improvements over ZW. 

It's crazy to think, even below average QB play and we win both Patriots games. I think both those guys are in the 10-15 range and have shown the ability to have relatively high floors. I think the staff owes it to this roster to go out and get a legit starter.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

OTOH there's not anybody on offense who had a good game. Not a single great run, poor OL play and even the receivers often seemed deflated early in the game. The offensive playcalling was bland and basically the same losing strategy as the first NE game. I'm not covering for Zach and his post-game comments were as lousy as his performance, but he's not the only issue here. 

I'd argue, Zach has looked bad for weeks and the Patriots just said, let's live and die by Zach's arm. And it worked. They were able to sell out vs the run and Zach couldn't hit a 5 yard pass.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

It's crazy to think, even below average QB play and we win both Patriots games. I think both those guys are in the 10-15 range and have shown the ability to have relatively high floors. I think the staff owes it to this roster to go out and get a legit starter.

They owe it to the staff, roster and fans to put Wilson on the bench NOW.  He should have been sitting by half time yesterday.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

There wasn't any moment in the 2nd half (especially the 4th quarter) where I felt our offense could move the ball on the Pats.  I hated when ZW was throwing those passes to the sidelines (one almost got picked).   Our offense was completely dominated yesterday.  I think the CS was just hoping that eventually we'd get a break (maybe a turnover or ST play).  Unfortunately, the Pats made the big play.  No surprise.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Our specials have been awesome this year, that last play excluded.

If we had a QB that wasn't worse than the worst starting QBs in the league, the specials wouldn't even have been in that situation. 

58 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

no, the specials have not been awesome during his tenure.  fg kicking is good this year but we have had to go through about 5 kickers in three years,  punting and net punting has been poor all years.  berrios was good last year but a total non factor this year.

21 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

It’s hard to run the ball when your QB can’t even do something as basic as complete a WR screen.

NE could afford to load up against the run because the Jet passing game posed zero threat.

If it wasn’t for Mims adjusting to that underthrow, Wilson would have had 43 freaking passing yards on the day.  As it was he finished with a whopping 77.

Let that sink in!

We basically owe our 3 pts in the game to Denzel Mims.  That “drive” was the only one where the Jets got anywhere close to the red zone.  And it resulted in a FG.

4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Zach career is ultimately coming down to this Sunday. If he stinks against a bad Bears team at home, the fans will let him know. 

I will be watching Carr and Jimmy G closely the rest of the way out.

Maybe his career as a Jet. But he will get another chance some where. Even if he gets benched, he may even get a second chance with the Jets.

Saleh didn't give up on Mims or Moore. They got benched and worked their way back into a role on offense. Wilson will likely get a second chance with the Jets and if he fails again, he will likely get a 3rd chance with another team.

Edited by GreenFish

3 hours ago, VJphillyfan said:

Brady is very savvy regarding media. He knows if he won a super bowl in NY he’d be up to his eyeballs in endorsements money next 40 years and he just lost a ton of money in that crypto nonsense and his ex wife will clean him out in the divorce 

SIGN BRADY!!!!!!!!!

his wife is worth more than brady is.

• Upvote 1

Zach career is ultimately coming down to this Sunday. If he stinks against a bad Bears team at home, the fans will let him know. 

I agree with Carr and Jimmy G though. Both those guys are good QBs who you can win with. Carr's contract is not friendly. He would need restructure it. But he will likely get traded for a 2nd round pick in the offseason. That sounds good to me. I do not want us to draft another rookie QB. Aside from QB, we have a team that can win now and into the future.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I think the team has probably felt this way for a while but Garrett Wilson opened the floodgates for overt criticism. Gw is the leader on offense. 

I agree GW interview was stellar .. and I will say once more ..,he was calling out the coaching staff. .. not ZW.

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Where was that super bowl defense when Flacco was starting?  Through the first 3 or 4 weeks I was hearing that Ulbrich had to be fired.  Seems odd to me. 

The first 1-2 weeks of the season are basically preseason.  Takes time to know what you have.  Especially since the Jets D was very young and coming off such an awful 2021 season.

It's not surprising that the D took a few weeks to get into gear.  This wasn't the 2009 defense where you had a bunch of quality veteran guys ready to go.  

27 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Maybe his career as a Jet. But he will get another chance some where. Even if he gets benched, he may even get a second chance with the Jets.

Saleh didn't give up on Mims or Moore. They got benched and worked their way back into a role on offense. Wilson will likely get a second chance with the Jets and if he fails again, he will likely get a 3rd chance with another team.

completely agree, we saw just as much with Sanchez, Geno and Darnold

according to the flip coin prediction, we will lose to the Bears and still make the playoffs

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I agree with Carr and Jimmy G though. Both those guys are good QBs who you can win with. Carr's contract is not friendly. He would need restructure it. But he will likely get traded for a 2nd round pick in the offseason. That sounds good to me. I do not want us to draft another rookie QB. Aside from QB, we have a team that can win now and into the future.

His contract isn't actually as bad as I initially thought. Raiders are going to keep him past the Feb 10th deadline in his contract so $31m in 2023 and $7m in 2024 become guaranteed. If we were to trade for him we'd likely let him play out 2023 and then if he hits the way we'd expect him to we'd extend him and give him more guaranteed money to lower his future cap hits. If he can be had for a 2nd round pick then that is the move to make. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

TB is going to Fox Sports

considering that there was a deal in place for miami ownership to give him partial ownership this year to play for them and he is building a house in miami as well, I would say it is miami.  Thats not even taking into account the weather and state taxes.

The only reason he did not is because the bucs wouldnt let him out of his contract.  Hence BA not coaching the team.  That was their comprimise.

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

If I played on the defense I'd be furious, too. The defense did enough to win that game, especially with the help of the wind on those NE field goals. The defensive players should be proud of how hard they played all game. 

One of my big frustrations with the offensive playcalling, which is a Saleh issue, is it feels a lot like the Rex years where the offense plods along and the team sacrifices offensive production for a defensive bully and controlling the clock. Even when the offense has momentum it's like LaFleur takes the wind out of the sails.

Total props to the defensive players who stuck in there and played hard all game but they are being put in a position to succeed more than the offense. Most of the offensive players need to step up (especially Zach) but they also need to be put in a position where they can succeed.

For the love of God Stop with the playcalling nonsense. WR's Were open all day. There's been many videos circulating of guys wide open and missed opportunities. Why is it hard for some people to just come to the conclusion that Wilson sucks and even a marginal NFL QB would have beat the Pastries yesterday.

People are so in love with the idea of dressing a QB and having him lead them to the SB that they refuse to see what's right in front of their face. Do you think the Buccaneers fans care that Tom Brady was a mercenary and not home grown? **** no. The goal is to win the SB,I don't give two ****s about who the QB is when we do it. 

• Upvote 1