Vikings Cheaters Game Thread

kevinc855

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Good game. Mac Jones impressed me tonight. The kid is tough, and like him or not, he’s the best in his class so far. 

He is.. I was actually shocked they benched zappe and went back to him. Zappe looked pretty good.. since jets suck at drafting 1st and 2nd round qbs, maybe should try for the 4th rounders ha 

The Jets drafted Zach to be a franchise Qb and NEP drafted Mack to be a game manager. They also drafted Brady to be a game manager and a backup to Bledsoe.  Being a game manager and a good one like Mack isn’t that bad. The rap on game managers is that you can’t win a Super Bowl with them. But Mack seems to be growing and improving unlike Zach. And he can run an offense. 

5 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

The Jets drafted Zach to be a franchise Qb and NEP drafted Mack to be a game manager. They also drafted Brady to be a game manager and a backup to Bledsoe.  Being a game manager and a good one like Mack isn’t that bad. The rap on game managers is that you can’t win a Super Bowl with them. But Mack seems to be growing and improving unlike Zach. And he can run an offense. 

The Jets would be in 1st place with Mack Jones. The Jets D is the perfect compliment to a QB like Jones. The Jets would be scary off the charts with a QB like Mahomes 

imagine Miami and Marino with a defense like the Jets

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

The Jets would be in 1st place with Mack Jones. The Jets D is the perfect compliment to a QB like Jones. The Jets would be scary off the charts with a QB like Mahomes 

Are we sure? Maybe Jets would be in 1st place with Mack Jones and BB and whoever does the offensive coordinating for Mack Jones. They sure seem to run a lot better plays than the Jets do. Then again, maybe they can when the QB doesn't suck, so we'll have to wait a few on this chicken/egg scenario. 

2 hours ago, KRL said:

Give me a break with all of this Jones love, MIN pass defense is AWFUL and he took

advantage of it.  Harrison Smith & Patrick Peterson looked washed and the other

DB's were trash.  There were gaping holes in the secondary all night, a decent QB

should've had a good night

Totally agree. It brings me such comfort watching Jones that this is who the Pats have. He's not good.

The only explanation for this is we're so accustomed to crap QBs that anybody looks good. In comparison to Zach Wilson, they all look like Pro Bowlers. But in the real world, Jones is trash too.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Totally agree. It brings me such comfort watching Jones that this is who the Pats have. He's not good.

The only explanation for this is we're so accustomed to crap QBs that anybody looks good. In comparison to Zach Wilson, they all look like Pro Bowlers. But in the real world, Jones is trash too.

This!!!  We just destroyed Jones on Sunday and people already forgot.  MIN defense was trash

5 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

At the price that was asked? I'm happy. A decent #2 vet would have been nice though.

Why are Jets Fans so afraid of spending money?  It's not like it's your money.  It's not like the money we did spend wasn't about the same anyway.  It's such an odd thing with this fanbase, we truly never want to pay anyone, ever.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

Are we sure? Maybe Jets would be in 1st place with Mack Jones and BB and whoever does the offensive coordinating for Mack Jones. They sure seem to run a lot better plays than the Jets do. Then again, maybe they can when the QB doesn't suck, so we'll have to wait a few on this chicken/egg scenario. 

I’m pretty sure. The Jets would have won at least one of the Patriots game and probably both games. 

anyway the point being the Jets are going to be a good team with a QB who can give them a couple of scores. In my opinion this team only needs 17- 24 points to win. This is the best Jets defense I’ve seen and I go back a long way. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Cyberjet said:

The Patriots D is pretty damn good and they have more losses than the Jets.

1 minute ago, Green DNA said:

Jones is playing much better and their defense isn’t as good as people think in my opinion. 

if the Jets put up 26 points against the Vikings they are going to win that game

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

I said it right after the Patriots game, and I'll say it again.  The Jets are a better team than the Patriots, with the exception of when the Jets play the Patriots.  I think matchups matter, and the Jets for whatever reason, match up terribly against the Patriots.  I realize the "what if" game doesn't help us, but "what if" Herbig, Max Mitchell and Corey Davis was playing in the Patriots game?  I think that makes a difference.  I think all three might be playing this weekend against the Bears.  Hopefully, no more injuries for the next 5 games.  That would be nice. 

• Upvote 1

Jefferson is amazing, maybe we can use the term "generational talent" here?

Vikings kept coming. They didn't quit, one reason why they won. The other was the Cheats actually got called for their share of penalties - it was fair, which is unusual. Great win for the Jets, now we just need to, well, win Sunday.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Nah

He takes way too many sacks and is limited physically 

I’d still draft several 2021 QBs over him 

I'd take Jones over Wilson any day of the week. ;) 

What other QBs you have from the 2021 class above him? TLaw is starting to warm up but has been underwhelming. Fields has started heating up as well, not sure if he's really a dual threat or simply a running back that can throw on occasion.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Is everyone still happy we didn’t get Cousins? 

LOL knowing this forum, probably!

Truth is he was never coming here, but if he did and survived last years disaster I think we would like be no more than a 1-2 loss team right now. I’ll settle for kicking his ass next week. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Cyberjet said:

I’m pretty sure. The Jets would have won at least one of the Patriots game and probably both games. 

anyway the point being the Jets are going to be a good team with a QB who can give them a couple of scores. In my opinion this team only needs 17- 24 points to win. This is the best Jets defense I’ve seen and I go back a long way. 

Agreed. Jets could get by if Zach Wilson was Mark Sanchez. He's not even Dirty Sanchez. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, xJayce said:

I'd take Jones over Wilson any day of the week. ;) 

What other QBs you have from the 2021 class above him? TLaw is starting to warm up but has been underwhelming. Fields has started heating up as well, not sure if he's really a dual threat or simply a running back that can throw on occasion.

In 2022, you want a QB who can move, if possible.

I’d easily take Fields and Lawrence over Jones. I’d also probably still take Lance (early struggles but still unknown), and yes, even Wilson (likely bust) over him. Wilson likely busts at this point, but still has potential that Jones simply doesn’t. 

I’d have little interest in drafting a high floor/low ceiling guy like Jones. I don’t hate him, he’s just not someone I’d ever use a premium pick on. 

15 hours ago, Cyberjet said:

Look Mack is good not great. Jets fans have always wanted a franchise QB and never accepted less. And the team has drafted more Qbs than any team in the league. Can you win a SB with a game manager? I’ve always thought you could and should use your resources to build a complete team. Here is a link to a thread listing winning and losing SB QBs. I’d say most of them would be considered franchise Qbs. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_starting_quarterbacks