Pay Q.Williams

Jets723

5 hours ago, Jets723 said:

It’s funny when Quinnen Williams was drafted it wasn’t met with a good response.  Many wanted an edge and I saw many wanting to trade Q Within a year.  Well now I think most of those same people will a admittedly eat crow today.  Guy is a beast and it’s time to pay the man.  Unlike guys like Mo Wilkerson I think Quinnen will continue to be dominant.  Hopefully we sign him long term soon 

I will fully admit I didnt want Quinnen Williams.  Not just the position he played but I didnt think he'd be a penetrating DT but more of the run stuffing mold.  He is now my favorite player on the team and I've never be more happy to be wrong.  He's awesome and playing the DPOY level.  Would love to see him locked up long term.

• Upvote 2

I'd have to think long and hard before giving him a cap staining deal.  He has certainly gone to the next level this year but so did Mo Wilk.

The other thing is how the jets use their dline,  paying a guy max for playing 65% of the snaps of a game.

I don;t think there is any fear that the Jets won;t sign hm but I'd be cautious.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, football guy said:

Gotta pay Quinnen and Quincy. The PFFs of the world don’t give him good scores but he is so perfect for our defense

Did I read we might have cap issues next year?  It seems like that would be hard to believe given we don't have a $40M QB, but I dunno.

I was one who wasn’t happy with the Q pick. Happy to be proven wrong. He’s been great. Wish ZW could do the same hahaha.

my one hesitation is that he is going to want a contract of 5 years 130 million.  Or something in that neighborhood. And he probably deserves it. But not sure I want to spend that money on a dt.

19 hours ago, Jets723 said:

It’s funny when Quinnen Williams was drafted it wasn’t met with a good response.  Many wanted an edge and I saw many wanting to trade Q Within a year.  Well now I think most of those same people will a admittedly eat crow today.  Guy is a beast and it’s time to pay the man.  Unlike guys like Mo Wilkerson I think Quinnen will continue to be dominant.  Hopefully we sign him long term soon 

^ Pay the man. He's a keeper.