La Canfora: Woody not happy and does not have a good relationship with Saleh

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Am I nuts or is LaCanfora quoting a guy who’s literally guessing what Woody Johnson feels? It’s not even reporting of an actual Woody Johnson thing. 

Gotta get those clicks.

• Upvote 1

Mike White was on practice squads, scout teams - you think he’s learning the offense as in depth as Zach?  Joe Flacco came in halfway through last year and still ran the offense better.  Josh Johnson, on his 72nd NFL team, got thrust into a half and looked lightyears better than Zach.  And Chris Streveler has been on 4 different practice squads in 1 more season than Zach.  Zach was a 2nd overall draft pick - he needed to be better.
Zach did not choose to be the 2nd pick overall. And yes, years in the league does matter. 25 is vastly different than 22.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

If you need an NFL Coach to "train you", you don't belong in the NFL.
This is the pros.  Not college.  Training you how to play your position isn't what they do in the pros.

Well not exactly. Coaches can put their players in positions to succeed and do things that they are both comfortable with and can be successful doing. Vinny T couldn’t diagnose an entire field so BB cut the field in half for him in Cleveland and then Parcells did the same in 1998. I have no proof that is whats going on here. But after the treatment of Mims I suspect this coaching staff just runs its system regardless whats best for the player.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, RSJ said:

This offense doesnt suite Wilson at all. It’s predicated on rhythm, timing and precision. Wilson plays like its Madden. He cant get the footwork required to run this system and its destroyed his confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

LoL the system was designed and is very wb friendly. By definition of what is asked. It was suited to Wilson a rookie. All he needs to do is throw ball quickly to wife open. Players in which the schemes usually has 1 or 2 under 3 seconds from snap.

Just because he sucks doesn't mean he wasn't set up for success. It was and is tailored to him.

There is quick release option everywhere. It literally is sf 49ers system. Anyway there eis difference in what we run and say Baltimore, bills etc. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, WhereisWaldo said:

Also NFL executive says ZW trade value is a 5th or 6th rounder. Read article for more insight. Sounds like it might be a Mangini situation where a surprise firing isn’t off the table. 

I told you weeks ago that Woody was embarrassed in NE and he was pissed...  Believe me this is going to cause ripples... 

No one believed and now more information is coming forward... 

I also told you that Saleh didn't want Zach... He tried to get JD to trade for Russell Wilson... But again I was laughed at and told to provide sources.. 

Now more information is coming out... There is a lot more to this and will be an ugly offseason unless these issues are resolved... 

There is a lot more to these stories... La Confora is speculating here and is running wild with very little information he has but there is an internal struggle right now. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

8 hours ago, WhereisWaldo said:

“This is killing Woody, trust me, I know him well,” said one high-ranking NFL official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he is not permitted to speak publicly about other teams.

“All of that booing is driving him crazy,” said the executive, who predicted more changes are in store, possibly reaching the upper levels of the front office. “He already wasn’t really sold on this coach. He’s going to want [offensive coordinator Mike] LaFleur out and some changes to that staff. He can’t help himself. Weren’t they 6-3 at the bye? And now they’re getting booed out of their own stadium at Christmas. I’m telling you, something is going to happen there”

Such BS.  All the boo’ing?  They booed during the Jax game.  One game with a lot of booing, they didn’t even boo much during the 3 point Pats debacle.  
Planting a seed for the unlikely firing if they lose out.

Wheres the proof them Jets tried to trade for Russell Wilson?  The trade that came after the draft.  The trade that would have been a 1000xs worse than drafting Zach Wilson, hardly a newsflash to point to.  Zachs played better than Russ, won more games and doesn’t have a contract that’s an albatross for the team, setting them back for years 

25 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

I told you weeks ago that Woody was embarrassed in NE and he was pissed...  Believe me this is going to cause ripples... 

I also told you that Saleh didn't want Zach... He tried to get JD to trade for Russell Wilson... But again I was laughed at and told to provide sources.. 

Now more information is coming out... There is a lot more to this and will be an ugly offseason unless these issues are resolved... 

There is a lot more to these stories... La Confora is speculating here and is running wild with very little information he has but there is an internal struggle right now. 

No information is coming forward, Jason is throwing shlt in the wall hoping something, anything will stick.  When was the last time he got deep Jet facts right?  Do people remember the Jets are widely considered to be ahead of schedule?  

Most of us were expecting 8 wins this season.  7 of them came pretty quickly.  Many expected the Jets to struggle the first two months and do better later in the season but the opposite happened.  

I feel like Saleh has grown quite a bit the past two season.  Woody is out of his mind if he fires him.  Who will come coach here when coaches last 2-4 years here.  This is also why Douglas wanted a longer term deal to come here.  How does he expect the fans to renew their tickets if he continues to do his usual thing?  

• Upvote 1

Don’t buy it.   Although Woody is a bad owner I don’t see him pulling the plug this off-season.

I’m not a fan of Lefluer.  Didn’t like the hire.   Very thin resume matched with a defensive HC didn’t seem like a great move to evaluate Sam, draft a QB and develop him.  Whoever it was.   Turned out we screwed up the pick and the development.

My initial reaction to Saleh, rah rah guy with no substance.   This year the team responded to him. He’s a little less rah rah and a lot more HC.  He’s very flawed but most of it is part of his development process.  I would stick with him.   He could be a good long term answer.

The biggest problem with this team is the OL.   JD has had 3 drafts and 4 FA periods and it’s still broken.   There are other needs including QB but the OL mess has to be fixed.   You can’t develop a QB or keep a competent QB healthy with a fire drill up the middle of the OL.   AVT was a huge loss.   

Resign White, bring in competition and fix the OL this team is a lot better.   Get a true No. 2 WR to pair with GW and we start scoring TD.  Q is going to cost real money.  Spend it.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

If true it sounds like Mangini 2.0. Woody doesn’t like people pushing back. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

He had to say that, Sam was still on the team... Just like he says nice things about Zach... If you think that Saleh and JD disagreed on ZW, you're not getting the dynamic of that team. They work together to do what they think is best for the team. Why do you think JD's drafts (for the most part) have been so good together. You think JJII wasn't a Saleh ask, or Sauce or GW... Please...

Because you know this? Just your opinion. 

If they fire anyone on this staff the fans will revolt. This is fake news, the team is playing meaningful games in December and that was the goal for the season not a playoff mandate. Sometimes QBs just don’t work out!. Games have been competitive even with subpar QB play, it’s been the best in years.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

If we signed Russ for what Russ got it would be way worse than drafting Zach.  Guy is toast and our roster would suck for years.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

It would be a classic Woody Johnson move. The guy doesnt know his ass from a whole in the ground. We will never win with such a POS team owner here

Woody was born in the dugout and thought he had already hit the home run, ran the bases, taken his curtain call, and sat back down. 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, SoJetsy said:

If they fire anyone on this staff the fans will revolt. This is fake news, the team is playing meaningful games in December and that was the goal for the season not a playoff mandate. Sometimes QBs just don’t work out!. Games have been competitive even with subpar QB play, it’s been the best in years.

To say that Woody is not happy is ridiculous. The Jets have stunk -- worse than stunk, they've been a laughing stock -- for more than a decade. I guarantee Woody is ecstatic with where the Jets are now and while he may be disappointed in how Zach has turned out, the fact is that it is not a shocker for a top draft choice QB to not work out. So, I'm pretty sure that Woody is pretty happy with where the Jets are and where they are going. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

Woody was born in the dugout and thought he had already hit the home run, ran the bases, taken his curtain call, and sat back down. 

Is it a crime or character fault to be born into wealth? 

Personally, I think Woody is a good owner. He makes the effort to put the right people in place (Big fail with Idzik and Mac) and then lets them do their job, and he never says no when they come asking for money to sign a free agent. I'm not sure what more people want from him, and he is far less active in the football operations than people seem to imagine.

• Upvote 1

Woody let Rex have 6 seasons, 3 too many, let Bowles go 5 seasons, 3 too many, and is going to get pissed that his team is contention in week 17 with a 2nd year HC who has been lauded by everyone as a solid, young HC?  A HC who has kept his team playing hard for 2 seasons and keeps improving?  
Who’s buying this bs? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

First off, if this is true, then fine - I was embarrassed as a jet fan to lose in that way too.  

The problem with this, and everything else you wrote is that by all accounts the organization was FINALLY taken out of the hands of two incompetent people who have never accomplished a single thing in their lives and given to a career football person who is extremely well respected in the league.  If I am JD, the first time woody johnson walks into my office to discuss the OC position is when I politely and respectfully tell him that these decisions rest unequivocally with Saleh and I and if that is not acceptable, lets work on an exit agreement.

The minute JD leaves this team he will be a sought after executive and if it is as early as this season, would likely go immediately to work with sean payton. The league respects him even if click bait writers and our fan base want to rip him.  When JD took over adam gase was the coach and we didnt have ONE SINGLE PLAYER as good as AVT, Breece, GW, or Sauce on the entire team.  Yea Zach is a bust, but the good far outweighs the bad here and if Woody were actually SO dumb as to mess this up, then he will be more embarrassed because his stadium will be permanently empty.

I mean there’s no chance that Woody isn’t involved at all. Again, this is just me speaking, but the impression I get is Douglas is a more willing yes man/collaborative with Woody/Elhai than Saleh has been. La Canfora is stirring the pot but the Zach Wilson pick (and Becton) would cause conflict anywhere. I’ve been pretty back and forth on Saleh but I think I he’s great for the organization and is unwilling to just go along with the Woody groupthink. If Woody in fact doesn’t like him, then he’s the best hire he’s had in forever. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean there’s no chance that Woody isn’t involved at all. Again, this is just me speaking, but the impression I get is Douglas is a more willing yes man/collaborative with Woody/Elhai than Saleh has been. La Canfora is stirring the pot but the Zach Wilson pick (and Becton) would cause conflict anywhere. I’ve been pretty back and forth on Saleh but I think I he’s great for the organization and is unwilling to just go along with the Woody groupthink. If Woody in fact doesn’t like him, then he’s the best hire he’s had in forever. 

Well stated. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Woody let Rex have 6 seasons, 3 too many, let Bowles go 5 seasons, 3 too many, and is going to get pissed that his team is contention in week 17 with a 2nd year HC who has been lauded by everyone as a solid, young HC?  A HC who has kept his team playing hard for 2 seasons and keeps improving?  
Who’s buying this bs? 

Anyone who has seen woody function (or not function) last 20 years.  He’s the most clueless owner in sports 

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who’s buying this bs? 

Rex was a Woody brown noser though. Still is. Easy to keep your job when you do whatever the boss wants you to do.

It wouldn't shock me if Doofus Woody cans Saleh and hires Rex back honestly