La Canfora: Woody not happy and does not have a good relationship with Saleh

7 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

This feels like a Kotitian moment, where you fire Carroll to bring in a Kotite who the owner hand-picked.  History repeats itself.

I honestly don’t think Woody pulls the plug.

Where things get interesting/difficult is if Woody/Crissy force Saleh to fire LaFleur and Saleh resists. This could be the friction that causes the whole setup to fall apart. I believe @football guy alluded to fearing this +
2023 playoff mandate.

I’d say Saleh and LaFleur especially need Mike White to have good games these last 2 weeks, win both, and hopefully make the playoffs.

Saleh/LaFleur would be vindicated that they did not screw up Wilson’s development, Wilson did on his own (true or not would be irrelevant in their eyes as the results speak for themselves).

These last 2 games are massive career-trajectory turning games for Mike White and LaFleur, and while I think Saleh being back in 2023 is about 99%, these games are very significant with how ownership sees him and their expectations moving forward.

Just my 2 cents, but you can’t lose 6 straight, lose 7 out of 8, to finish out the year after a 4-12 campaign in 2021 and not have ownership question if you’re the guy or not…which is a shame because I think Saleh is going to be a stud head coach and it would be foolish to let him go.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, WhereisWaldo said:

Also NFL executive says ZW trade value is a 5th or 6th rounder. Read article for more insight. Sounds like it might be a Mangini situation where a surprise firing isn’t off the table. 

La Canfora is the biggest clown in sports journalism. And he's an even bigger moron when he attempts to comment on politics.

He is a clueless Hack!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, oatmeal said:

For everyone calling fake news idk but I do know there is definitely problems over at one jet drive 

No there isn't.

They lost a string of games, Zach is not progressing, it's frustrating, but it's football. There are multiple QB's even very good established players also struggling this year and even looking as bad as Zach has looked.

Now hacks like this dumbass La Confora is wasting no time to make sh*t up because that is what that POS does.  There are others like him.

A couple of things

Could we get Steve Cohen to buy the Jets.

I’m okay with keeping Zack one more year to work on his development. He would have to be the 3 string behind our # 1 ( inset name) and our backup MW. If his development is slow or non existent, then we trade him or cut him loose.

Almost all of our coaching staff were inexperienced, still the improved play before injuries this year was damn good. If that continues next year ,there should be no question that we have the right FO and coaching staff to be competitive for many years to come.

Our GM’s picks have gotten better with each passing season, which includes some nice depth in the lower rounds that continue to develop and contribute even now.

Last, Becton,,,,if the last picture we saw of him is an indication of his approach moving in to the 23 season, maybe the light have finally gone off for him as well. If he stays healthy there is a chance we will have one of the best O-lines in the NFL with one more FA and the return of AVT

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Woody has been a patient owner for the most part. The one time I thought he acted pretty rash was with Mangini after a December collapse. 

The man is also 77 years old now. His patience could be running thin especially with a regime he didn’t hire and ended the year on a six game losing streak. 

Please go back to wherever you came from. 

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Screwing up the QB room to the point where the PS QB gets meaningful reps in a huge game and the #2 pick in the draft gets booed like he stole Christmas is going to cost someone their job(s)

I feel like it definitely goes back to the Monday meeting after the cheater’s debacle and how Saleh handled it and the real or perceived impact it had on the most important asset on the team. 

Salehs comments about “why me” and “dark places “ can also be seen as throwing dirt on that asset and then Saleh then goes out of his way to call MW a warrior etc etc. 

at the end of the day for the owner it’s easier to replace Saleh than Zach (contract) and firing lafleur doesn’t even move the needle. 

Remember the draft day call ? “ I know more about you than my own kids?”

he probably feels like Zach was let down not the other way around. 

J!

I’m going to disagree with you on this.

Woody can read the room. He saw and heard the fans last Thursday night. This fan base is done with Wilson. He’s so bad, if anything he’s done Saleh and LaFleur a huge favor by blocking any negative light that would otherwise have shone on them.

If Woody is going to react in any “ownerish” type move this offseason, he’s going to follow the fans lead and dump Zach.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

They still must travel to Seattle and Miami to close out the remainder of what’s becoming a lost season, with their playoff hopes not officially expunged but nearly so. The specter of ending this once-promising campaign with six straight losses and a last-place finish in the AFC East — the miserable Patriots already swept them — won’t improve Johnson’s mood. The Jets seem a mess once more. The quarterback very likely won’t be the only one to go, and one NFL general manager posited the potential return for Wilson in a trade as a sixth-round pick, or perhaps a fifth. Yikes.

The writer of this would fit right in at Jet Nation.  The Jets are a mess?  Woody should be thrilled the Jets are in the playoff hunt with two games remaining - and they are ahead of schedule.  Salah has done a good job and so has his staff.  Funny how our OC looks a lot better when Mike White is at QB. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, KINGDIRK said:

So it’s MLF fault that Zach is a complete Ryan Leaf type bust. 

Classic Jets.

Yes and No... Yes because if you really look at it on gameday, because that's the only place unless you work for the jets you can see where and what Zach is doing on the sidelines when he's not been in the lineup. No, because Zach has been horrible, and we can all see that as well. 

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

People are making waaaaaaaay to big a deal about Zach being a bust.  It happens.  Woody has be at this a long time.  He understands.

This team is in great shape and has a bright future.

Zach Wilson is a small stumbling block.  Nothing more.

he might understand, but the jets missed on every single qb ever drafted during his ownership. gotta sting

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Tear apart the front office, coaching staff and roster?

Or just move on from Zach?

I know which option I pick.

Clearly the Zach media surrogates are already out in full trying to trash the Jets and blame them for his sucking at a historic level.

Yeah, the implausible part is that there’s be anyone left who would have an interest in playing Zach any more, given that it hurts everyone else on offense.

3 hours ago, usapaw said:

Saleh said he was fine with Sam and then they had to run out and get ZW. Saleh didn't pick ZW. ZW was a really stupid pick.    

He had to say that, Sam was still on the team... Just like he says nice things about Zach... If you think that Saleh and JD disagreed on ZW, you're not getting the dynamic of that team. They work together to do what they think is best for the team. Why do you think JD's drafts (for the most part) have been so good together. You think JJII wasn't a Saleh ask, or Sauce or GW... Please...

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

There would be a zero % chance that Douglas trades him for a 5th or 6th rounder, ZERO

I don't have your confidence, but you may be right.  Sometimes you have addition by subtraction, and purging Zach from many teammates that don't seem to like him or have confidence in him might be a good thing, even for a 5th round pick.  

12 minutes ago, ylekram said:

he might understand, but the jets missed on every single qb ever drafted during his ownership. gotta sting

Picking Ken O'brien over Dan Marino didn't happen on his watch.  And that was a no-brainer, but the Jets still messed up on that one.  

3 minutes ago, Alka said:

Picking Ken O'brien over Dan Marino didn't happen on his watch.  And that was a no-brainer, but the Jets still messed up on that one.  

That still stings to this day. Insult to injury was the fish taking him. I think that was on Pat Hickeys watch, another clown

10 minutes ago, Alka said:

I don't have your confidence, but you may be right.  Sometimes you have addition by subtraction, and purging Zach from many teammates that don't seem to like him or have confidence in him might be a good thing, even for a 5th round pick.  

The team mates better suck it up and do their jobs.   Players don't like him because he is playing badly, the guy starts playing better and they will not hate the guy, also people can change.

Both Mims and Moore demanded to be traded before doing anything, douglas and saleh tuned them in.

In any case if they dump him in theory current problem solved but trading the 2nd overall pick in the draft for a 5th rounder just two years later is such a spectacular fail Douglas needs to be looking at the want ads.

This is such nonsense.  Woody will be plenty happy when we are in the playoffs riding high.  

I have more belief in the Jet’s future than the Giant’s.  Right now who would you rather be a fan of - the Pats or the Fins?  The other teams fighting for the last playoff spot are reeling.  

Saleh, handled the QB situation about the best he could.  - Gave Zach every opportunity and then some to prove he could operate a NFL offense.  Played, Flacco, and White when he had to and went back to Zach when forced by injury.  

The reality that Zach is a developmental prospect has become clear as day and the Jets can trade or hold on to him as they choose.  Mike White conversely reads defenses and distributes to playmakers. He has two of the best QB performances ever by a Jet in just a few chances - that’s remarkable. 

JDs mantra is that no matter how someone is brought in, they have a chance.  The best performing guys will play and we’ll move on, even if hard, from the guys who drop on the depth chart.   No sensible Jet fan is  going to care that we missed on the #2 pick if it turns out that we have our QB1 for the foreseeable future.  

Spirits in the building are high now with Mike back whether you want to admit it or not.  The Jets have a chance to be the hot team going into the playoffs and if we pull it off you’re going to see a lot of smiling on Woody’s face.  

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, VJphillyfan said:

What has Zach ever shown you to make you think he doesn’t blow moose cawk dry?  He threw a tight spiral in shorts and a tshirt indoors in a pre draft workout?

Well I guess if he sucks at 23 he most certainly will never figure it out...

#ProBowl

geno.jpg

we will see about Lafluer and Saleh. if this offense looks alive and we get over 400 yds total offense then nobody should go anywhere. it just shows you how the worst QB in the league killed us and White makes Saleh and LaFluer look good.

the guys who should really get fired are the scouts who told them that Zach was good.