I like Metlife Stadium!

kevinc855

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I would have thought for sure New York was up there at the top. I guess the saying holds true, everything is bigger in Texas, or in this case everyone is bigger in Texas.

It's because the food at MetLife sucks. You have no choice but to fill up as much as possible at the tailgate, because no one is spending $42 for a crappy burger and a cold pretzel.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

too much money to be made on food and drink. 

NFL fans that spend the most money on stadium concessions

True, and also, heart disease and many cancers are linked to poor diet. I find it funny that we go to watch the fittest and healthiest among us while giving our obese 7 year old more nachos with fake cheese sauce and sugar liquid in a giant cup. 

But hey, at least we’re making the wealthiest among us even more wealthy. 

Sorry, SW, not aiming this at you. I just spent hours on the phone with BCBS. I’m a little raw right now ?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, the Claw said:

True, and also, heart disease and many cancers are linked to poor diet. I find it funny that we go to watch the fittest and healthiest among us while giving our obese 7 year old more nachos with fake cheese sauce and sugar liquid in a giant cup. 

But hey, at least we’re making the wealthiest among us even more wealthy. 

Sorry, SW, not aiming this at you. I just spent hours on the phone with BCBS. I’m a little raw right now ?

Add Cosco to your list. They sell more than 6x as many hot dogs annually than all MLB ballparks combined. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Add Cosco to your list. They sell more than 6x as many hot dogs annually than all MLB ballparks combined. 

Oh, they’re on there. My list goes on and on and on and on. Stadiums are really just low hanging fruit. Plus, this was really just an opportunity to derail a kevin thread even slightly…. ? 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BigB said:

I was a season ticket holder for both Giants stadium and Metlife. They both were just concrete slabs with no personality and the wind on cold days just was and still is the worst. Maybe Shea's wind was a little worse since the dirt just flew up everywhere. In the upper tiers at Giants stadium you felt like you were miles away from the action. The only good thing was the ushers did not even want to climb the stairs so smoking weed and sneaking in and drinking beer in uppers was no issue. The first cold game at Metlife I told the usher to close the blades on the stadium thinking they could close like blinds and would prevent the wind from streaming through from one gold post to the other; what a joke.  For two teams spending billions of $ on one stadium they should have at least put a dome on the stadium and gave it some life. They really should name it JetDeath stadium.

The problem is the meadowlands in general is a brutal place to attend a sporting event.  Driving in and out of there is miserable. It looks miserable. No personality. I attended games at both the old giants stadium and MetLife as well as Devil and nets games at I guess it’s now the Izod Arena.  

Devils and Nets had great teams late 90’s and early 2000’s yet if you went to a game during the week it was a ghost town. Driving there sucked and you better not have a drink at the game there are DUI checkpoints everywhere plus horrible Nj drivers dodging them when you are sober is difficult enough

The west side stadium has to eventually be revisited 

30 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

The problem is the meadowlands in general is a brutal place to attend a sporting event.  Driving in and out of there is miserable. It looks miserable. No personality. I attended games at both the old giants stadium and MetLife as well as Devil and nets games at I guess it’s now the Izod Arena.  

Devils and Nets had great teams late 90’s and early 2000’s yet if you went to a game during the week it was a ghost town. Driving there sucked and you better not have a drink at the game there are DUI checkpoints everywhere plus horrible Nj drivers dodging them when you are sober is difficult enough

The west side stadium has to eventually be revisited 

Find me a location in the area not brutal to drive to 

The only area in the 5 boroughs that the Jets can realistically build a stadium right now is next too Citi Field. It won't make people happy but thats logistically the only place. Metlife sucks. They dropped the ball. The Jets shoulda had there own stadium in Manhattan. Thanks Dolan for being a doosh. 

8 hours ago, BigB said:

I was a season ticket holder for both Giants stadium and Metlife. They both were just concrete slabs with no personality and the wind on cold days just was and still is the worst. Maybe Shea's wind was a little worse since the dirt just flew up everywhere. In the upper tiers at Giants stadium you felt like you were miles away from the action. The only good thing was the ushers did not even want to climb the stairs so smoking weed and sneaking in and drinking beer in uppers was no issue. The first cold game at Metlife I told the usher to close the blades on the stadium thinking they could close like blinds and would prevent the wind from streaming through from one gold post to the other; what a joke.  For two teams spending billions of $ on one stadium they should have at least put a dome on the stadium and gave it some life. They really should name it JetDeath stadium.

Shea was an open ended stadium with the open end facing the water. There was literally no escape from the wind there. If you went into the concourse it was almost wide open to the elements. It was built for baseball. I went to the last game of the season in 1978 against the cowboys. They rested all their starters and still crushed the jets. But what I remember was the wind making the light towers in the outfield bend. Never saw that before or since.

Giants stadium was a huge improvement.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, BP said:

Shea was an open ended stadium with the open end facing the water. There was literally no escape from the wind there. If you went into the concourse it was almost wide open to the elements. It was built for baseball. I went to the last game of the season in 1978 against the cowboys. They rested all their starters and still crushed the jets. But what I remember was the wind making the light towers in the outfield bend. Never saw that before or since.

Giants stadium was a huge improvement.

I thought I went to the last game?  It was against the Steelers and Todd got booed off the field.  

MetLife sucks because of the Mara family, plain and simple. Their old school mentality prevented the construction of a retractable dome and many other amenities that would have made it a better fan experience. They essentially cock blocked Woody who wanted a roof. If I recall, the NJ Governor at the time took the Maras to task over it. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

MetLife sucks because of the Mara family, plain and simple. Their old school mentality prevented the construction of a retractable dome and many other amenities that would have made it a better fan experience. They essentially cock blocked Woody who wanted a roof. If I recall, the NJ Governor at the time took the Maras to task over it. 

Dome? Eh pass