Zach Wilson, totally not coddled

T0mShane

13 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Man you guys get way too critical of one answer when he's just answering the question that's asked.

Even if it was a MadLibs where the phrasing was “Zach Wilson needs to sit on a _____ and read a _____” it was still the wrong answer

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

If Saleh wants to keep his job he really needs to stick to yes/no answers

I have broken Salah's balls several times this year referring to him as the Jet version of Joe Judge. While that might be a bit harsh and maybe does not apply from a football perspecitve - it certainly does from a media perspecitve.

Agree with you - yes or no because once he starts trying to use 100 words to say something specific - he will basically talk himself out of a hc job sooner than later just like judge.

Some guys just can't help themselves.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, DireJet said:

Saleh needs to stop with the new age corporate cliches.

And what an Epic fail by JD selecting an undersized QB who has zero accuracy, zero pocket awareness AND doesn’t have the athleticism to run the ball. USUALLY, you get one or more of those qualities from a pedestrian starting NFL QB. But JD somehow selected a guy who possesses NONE of these qualities. And he took him second overall! It’s one of the worst QB picks in NFL history. 

The Giants selecting Daniel Jones looks so much smarter than what JD did selecting Zach and everyone was like WTF after they took him. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Another reset! Saleh’s plan for fixing young QBs basically comes down to resetting the internet router - LOL

I would stop holding my breath waiting for the jets to trade this guy. He’s seeing year 3 on this roster. 

Saleh specifically brought up the fact that ex Jets around the league are “having success”  (Geno? Sam?) and that we can learn from that. 

prepare yourself 

The fact that ex Jets are still in the NFL is an accomplishment in itself. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I have broken Salah's balls several times this year referring to him as the Jet version of Joe Judge. While that might be a bit harsh and maybe does not apply from a football perspecitve - it certainly does from a media perspecitve.

Agree with you - yes or no because once he starts trying to use 100 words to say something specific - he will basically talk himself out of a hc job sooner than later just like judge.

Some guys just can't help themselves.

agreed he seems like he is always trying to make football out to be this intellectual thing...when its a ******* game and a war.

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Imagine watching Sam Darnold beat out Zach Wilson in camp? That's why Joe will never bring back Sam Darnold... It'll make him look bad. Mike Maccagnan would be laughing his arse off. 

Yet JD got good trade value for darnold.  The problem would be watching him regress with those coaches.

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Imagine watching Sam Darnold beat out Zach Wilson in camp? That's why Joe will never bring back Sam Darnold... It'll make him look bad. Mike Maccagnan would be laughing his arse off. 

i dunno you ask me it pretty savvy

he didnt have to pay 5th year, got Clemons and Breece out of the deal plus the biggest part was he got Sam a QB coach for free

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

I'm going to go completely suck at my job and see if my boss offers me a few days at the beach.

Go ahead, Zach. Grab your surfboard and kick off them shoes! We'll play the guy with cracked ribs against a team that needs a win to get in the playoffs!

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Saleh ready for the pool baby

Woody is basically a buffoon - we all realize that but he is a millionaire buffoon and one thing those guys despise is being embarassed when around their millionaire friends.

Seems like an innocent quote  but don't think woody is going to take kindly to this.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

i dunno you ask me it pretty savvy

he didnt have to pay 5th year, got Clemons and Breece out of the deal plus the biggest part was he got Sam a QB coach for free

I'm sure Sam Darnold wouldn't want to come here anyways. We kicked him to the curb and now want him to bridge for the guy we drafted to replace him. lol

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'm sure Sam Darnold wouldn't want to come here anyways. We kicked him to the curb and now want him to bridge for the guy we drafted to replace him. lol

money cures all  - nobody is going to let being butt hurt come between them and a lot of money

plus its actually vindicating for him...if he performs

• Upvote 1