I want the Jets next QB to be...

Maxman

I want the Jets next QB to be...  

195 members have voted

1. 1. I want the Jets next QB to be...

5 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Rodgers.

Lamar is tempting but I think the cost in both picks and dollars would be exorbitant.

Let's give ol' immunized a shot for a year or two with a young talented roster.

I like the idea of Lamar.   The reality is the Jets would be forking over tons of premium draft picks and a ton of guaranteed money.  He is already showing the signs of wear and tear you'd expect from a running QB.   It would be so Jets to fork over all of that, have him light it up the first half of year one, go on IR and never play again (while feeling the pain of lost picks and cap room for years to come.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

The Payton - Rex - Westhoff thing seemingly about to happen in Denver is sickening.

Why not us, man?

When push comes to shove, none of the QB wrangling means anything without a championship caliber HC.

If the goal is the playoffs, that's achievable with A-Rod or L-Jax or even Carr.

But the goal is to win it all.  You need a coach who is better, smarter, ballsier than the Andy Reids and Bill Belichick's.

Saleh is a fraud until he proves otherwise by actually delivering something tangible.

• Upvote 1

IF we were getting Aaron Rodgers 5 years ago and $15 million less per season and NOT giving up a kings ransom, I would say him.

Realistically, I have two choices:

1) Derek Carr

2) Ryan Tannehill.

With this current roster, both can get you to the playoffs next year (sparing a season-ending injury).  This team needs to go to the playoffs.  

BUT....Zach Wilson stays on the bench and ONLY plays if a) an injury to the starter; or b) He somehow learns to play the position between now and September.

AND....We draft another QB this year and let them sit.  And if next year he can't do anything, you draft another one.  And you keep drafting them until you find one.  

18 minutes ago, Pac said:

He had a broken f'king thumb in his throwing hand and no WRs most of the season and still had a better season than we've seen in decades. 

He has an good RB and they had to give up their outstanding WR because of Rodgers’ contract demands

Can it be used as an excuse for him if he put his team in that position? (No WRs), I dont think so

1 hour ago, hotrodcharlie said:

He has an good RB and they had to give up their outstanding WR because of Rodgers’ contract demands

Can it be used as an excuse for him if he put his team in that position? (No WRs), I dont think so

They offered Davante the same contract he got with the Raiders.  He wanted to leave. 

Your point is invalid. 

I don't love any of these options. Not sure how anyone could WANT Baker at this point. Voted for ARod since he's the best player on the list and wouldn't be a long term commitment like Carr. I don't see Carr elevating this team to championship level and he would drain too much resources for the rest of the roster. 

Rodgers in a metric f*cking landslide lol.

Dude is one year removed from back to back MVP campaigns in which he threw for 85 TD’s vs 9 INT’s yet dipsh*t Jets fans who have witnessed some of the worst QB play in football history want to pretend like Mike White, Gardner Minshew or Jameis Winston are somehow better options for the “here and  now”…

I swear to god, you people should be thankful that the annual purge hasn’t become reality yet.

Just one more decade…

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The Payton - Rex - Westhoff thing seemingly about to happen in Denver is sickening.

Why not us, man?

When push comes to shove, none of the QB wrangling means anything without a championship caliber HC.

If the goal is the playoffs, that's achievable with A-Rod or L-Jax or even Carr.

But the goal is to win it all.  You need a coach who is better, smarter, ballsier than the Andy Reids and Bill Belichick's.

Saleh is a fraud until he proves otherwise by actually delivering something tangible.

why not us is because of our owner, its as simple as that, but you are spot on, without a really good coaching staff, nothing else really matters

3 hours ago, IntoTheGreen said:

I don't love any of these options. Not sure how anyone could WANT Baker at this point. Voted for ARod since he's the best player on the list and wouldn't be a long term commitment like Carr. I don't see Carr elevating this team to championship level and he would drain too much resources for the rest of the roster. 

He is a long term commitment cap wise, just not availability wise.  Just say no to AR!

Read this and keep in mind Hurts has been working with a top-3 OL and legit weapons.

Fields has been working with marginal NFL skill talent and a bottom-5 OL.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2023/2/17/23603901/chicago-bears-justin-fields-potentially-on-trade-block-should-the-new-york-jets-be-interested

Let’s take a quick look at some of the stats and I’ve put his 2021 stats in brackets as a comparison:

Completion: 60.4% (58.9%)
Passing Touchdowns: 17 (7)
Interceptions: 11 (10)
Touchdown %: 5.3 (2.6)
Interception %: 3.5 (3.7)
QBR: 54.0 (26.4)
Rushing Yards: 1143 (420)
Rushing TDs: 8 (2)
Rushing Yards/Game: 76.2 (35.0)

Justin Fields is a long way from a finished article and in many ways his career mirrors that of Jalen Hurts.

If you actually look at their statistics, they’re pretty similar at this stage of their career. In year two Hurts completed 61.3% of passes for 16 touchdowns, 9 interceptions with a QBR of 48.5. He had 784 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns to his name too.