John Beck: “Zach Wilson needs to reinvent himself”

51 minutes ago, JiFields said:

No wonder why the kids has no accountability, nothing is ever his fault or responsibility. 

He’s the type of kid who thinks he hit a home run in life but he started on 3rd base. 

If he was any good as a QB i wouldn’t care but his lack of accountability is so evident.   He might be able to turn it around but i doubt it and he sucks to root for. 

• Upvote 1

In today’s NFL, players are more than willing to shoot their way out if in their long term interests.

Zach knows he is pretty screwed here, and that JD will not want to eat the cap hit to let him go and still be obligated to pay him.   I really don’t think that the Wilson’s want anything to do with NY anymore-he is not signing a contract here voluntarily.

The best option is to sign Carr for a decent term and just launch Zach.  If he prepares in the off season and plays well in the pre season (and does not get hurt), maybe someone trades for him.   Otherwise I can see JD launching him next preseason when the cap hit is the same.  Maybe post June 1 to spread it out.  

But yes, his proxies (Beck is another BYUer) will stick up for him and try as best they can to make Zach undesirable to keep (while not crossing the line of being troublemakers).  But they want out, now.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Here come the proxies as predicted now that BYU is too tarnished by the “me first, team never” reputation to fight his own battle.

BYU may be the biggest issue but Elmhurst was a large contributing factor.

And I'll save you the lookup , MLF went to Elmhurst, 

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

The exact quote was something like ...

it's hard to win the NFL, it harder to win when there are a bunch of injuries, it's especially hard when there are holes on the team.

So ... Truth

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks. The OP completely misrepresented the interview. You got it correct.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Thanks. The OP completely misrepresented the interview. You got it correct.

The quote was misrepresented but it still isn't reality.....Wilson was carried the first 10 games of the season the injuries just exposed him he's fortunate he wasn't benched in game 5.

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

He didn't say little talent.

Assuming you are referring to him saying, it’s hard to win the team as holes. The team had holes on the OL. 

And WR (other than GW).

Eli Moore wasn't very good (other than at complaining). 

Corey Davis could always be counted on for a drop (and often a dumb penalty). 

The TEs played below par (though Ty Conklin was pretty good for a stretch).  

At RB, we didn't have much behind Breece.  MC went backwards this year, though maybe it was due to the OL.

My take on what JB said that ZW was unwilling to let go of his "college playing sryle."  To me that says it all... benching him was the correct move and should have been done alot sooner and I am not convinced he is worth the effort at this point.  What happens if , God forbod, he taks the field pressure comes ...like the old boxing anology, you have a plan until you get hit. 

IMHO - and his is my speculation, the only reason he is still on the team is because Woody doesn't want to cause a problem with his buddy, ZW uncle.  

• More Ugh 1

I still think the Jets might trade him. If they’re going to overpay for vet QB it could slice 20 million off a 20 plus per year maybe 30 plus salary. If Rodgers 50. I don’t see them red shirting Zach after 22 starts. I know they’re saying it but could be NT. There are teams who I think would trade for him and even pick up his salary.