Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

Just now, ChuckkieB said:

IMO this has already been decided but no matter what happens, I'm super impressed that there has not been one single leak from the Jets / Packers / Rodgers camp.  This is a pretty amazing feat in the age of social media.

If rodgers has told no one then it’s easier not to leak.

42 minutes ago, slats said:

At least with Rodgers, he’s potentially in the game. Rodgers is capable of putting a team on his back. That’s not Derek Carr. 

And while no one likes it, I’m guessing they either legitimately have some faith in Zach and/or they still want to find their young QB thru the draft and not just sign an expensive compiler because he’s available. He’s Kirk Cousins, man. 

He only won it 1X. And that was his only appearance in 15 attempts. So you’re rolling the dice big time here. +1400 odds he can do it again. This isn’t like a Brady situation where getting to the big game was assumed.

Jets need to move those odds in their favor by getting more than a 1 year commitment while also burning assets. I’d stand firm on that. 

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

IMO this has already been decided but no matter what happens, I'm super impressed that there has not been one single leak from the Jets / Packers / Rodgers camp.  This is a pretty amazing feat in the age of social media.

Showtime Good Point GIF by Billions

No leak because even Rodgers doesn’t know. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SR24 said:

You’re just trying to argue at this point it’s definitely easier to sell a team with Rodgers at QB vs what NYJ currently has  lol if you don’t think that then idk how I can help you. Enjoy your day! 

Better than what you’re selling

• Sympathy 1

I'm really thinking that was the mandate to everyone.  I'll tell you but there better not be any leaks. 

Payback to the media he thinks treated him unfairly. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

If rodgers has told no one then it’s easier not to leak.

This is almost impossible to believe though.  He doesn't live in a hut at the top of a mountain (although he might after he retires! lol!!) He has an entire team of people around him that can potentially spill the beans.  In any case, I think that the compensation / draft picks is the holdup, not Rodgers need to stick it to the NFL insiders, his need to be mysterious, or his indecisiveness.