Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

46 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I mgiht be the only one but I hope a tweet go's out saying Joe Douglas has officially called Lamar Jackson's mom! HAHA

You are definitely not the only one ... but you could probably fit all of you comfortably in a Holliday Inn Double Queen.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Haha 1

In a franchise full of historical blunders this one will be pretty high up there.

They could have a legitimate QB in Carr and build around him over the next 4 or 5 years. 

It's not over yet and we really don't know what's going on behind the scenes - but if Rodgers does in fact not come to the Jets - this was one of the more irresponsible moves the Jets could have made.

It's one thing to miss on a pick - this would be bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

what if the boss says he trying for AR?   many here assume that Woody meddles in these types of decisions.  

look at least year's schedule.  with mid-level QB play i think we have over 10 wins easy.  so i'd change your probably to 50/50.  with zach might as well just fire them today.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

But what if this entire Rodgers adventure is being pushed by Woody.  Is it really still on JD?

If this were the case, and I actually don’t believe it is, then Douglas is doomed regardless.  That would prove that Woody is the ultimate meddler forcing his GM to put all of his eggs in one basket.

• Upvote 3

Just now, FidelioJet said:

In a franchise full of historical blunders this one will be pretty high up there.

They could have a legitimate QB in Carr and build around him over the next 4 or 5 years. 

It's not over yet and we really don't know what's going on behind the scenes - but if Rodgers does in fact not come to the Jets - this was one of the more irresponsible moves the Jets could have made.

That's assuming Carr wanted to come here.

On 3/12/2023 at 10:21 AM, Biggs said:

I prefer his arrogance to the trash talking and end zone dances.  There's also a cat like quality of playing with a mouse before killing it.  Cats are stone cold killers but their arrogant enough to play with their prey before killing them. 

Just to make a different reply to the same post. . .

You don't like end zone dances, but you are fine with arrogance and . . . the Discount Double Check? 

• More Ugh 1

5 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Since I have no insider information like most of us, I’m not sure what the hold up is all about. I tell you one thing though If it’s Rodgers still mulling around making a decision, I would make it for him. Jets brass should do all the diehard fans a solid and say they are no longer interested in pursuit of Aaron Rodgers. Time to pivot for Lamar JD!

Yes, at least save some face. 

Jets come out and say - we're not waiting anymore, awful but at least they're moving on..  Rodgers comes out a few days from now and says he's retiring.  Joe Douglas shouldn't even be able to draft this year.  

IMO there is no way the Jets have been alerted he is coming and it woudn't have leaked.  On that line I would have to assume 5 days was not enough time for Rodgers to determine he wants to be a Jet (I truly cannot blame him if that were the case).  Taking it a step further I would now be pursuing other QBs.  I would leave the offer on Rodgers open while doing this with the understanding it will be pulled once a deal for another player has been reached.  Cannot be held hostage for an extended period of time -  time to at least start to pursue plan C Jimmy G.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Since I have no insider information like most of us, I’m not sure what the hold up is all about. I tell you one thing though If it’s Rodgers still mulling around making a decision, I would make it for him. Jets brass should do all the diehard fans a solid and say they are no longer interested in pursuit of Aaron Rodgers. Time to pivot for Lamar JD!

The Jets are not pivoting to Lamar. 

Seriously yall, give it up already, it's simply not going to happen.

It's Rodgers, or it's a tertiary "oh sh*t" emergency option like Jimmy G or worse (not that there is much worse than Jimmy G tbqh).

That's it.  

Also, "doing the diehards a solid" would be getting the best possible QB. Which they clearly think is Rodgers.

Not puffing their chests and cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Top 5 embarrassments.  Would be top 2 for any other team.

How did the Jets not put a hard deadline on today at 12 PM?!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If this were the case, and I actually don’t believe it is, then Douglas is doomed regardless.  That would prove that Woody is the ultimate meddler forcing his GM to put all of his eggs in one basket.

It's just JD has never shown himself to be irresponsible.  Questionable choices, sure - but based on basic competence and managing the team with responsibility.  This is not that.

I've been going under the impression he's really known something and that's why he's not panicking - but starting to not look that way.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Chewy and the Jets said:

Taking it a step further I would now be pursuing other QBs.  I would leave the offer on Rodgers open while doing this with the understanding it will be pulled once a deal for another player has been reached.  Cannot be held hostage for an extended period of time -  time to at least start to pursue plan C

This, 100%, absolutely.  Well said, at least up till.....

Just now, Chewy and the Jets said:

Jimmy G.  

/facepalm

Guy's a walking IR report, and isn't as good as people think, especially once away from loaded San Fran.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

I agree, but in reality them not pivoting only fuels the speculation that behind closed doors it’s done. Probably the Most leak proof sports story in the age of social media. 

If we went through this drama to wind up with Jacoby Brissett it will the biggest kick in the balls this team has ever given me.  

I can live with Garrapolo or Tannehill but if it's Brissett..  Wow not sure how they could make that up to us. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3