Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

17 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Seems kind of judgemental and ignorant. Being a SB winner and multiple time league MVP is also not operating on a level most people operate on. Also, lets look at that "most people" concept. The average person isn't impressive whatsoever, and the bar for said group keeps getting lower and lower each day. Do you consider yourself as part of the "most people" group? Because they're a sad bunch heading for disaster in general. Don't aspire to be "most people" be yourself. 

Nothing judgmental or ignorant in Steve’s comment. In fact yours is backing him up. 

16 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

no i dont think so - framework of deal maybe - but things can change as desperation sets in both teams

We probably don't find out until another huge featured article in The Athletic, like they did for the Darnold search/draft.  That's usually when you get all the fine details. Takes months though.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, AVM said:

In the scenario unfolding he gets to get his "realistic" contract (with incentives) while also publicly saying he "gave up money" for the chance to win with Rodgers. I don't think he ultimately signs here, but I could see it

Exactly. These players can be added without gutting the core of the team elsewhere and hopefully with giving Quinnen his extension.

Extending Q likely gives us cap space this year. He will backload his deal I’m sure. To give us flexibility to win now. And given his age. Do we really mind paying him more in 4 years? He’d be in his prime still given his age.

6 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

What's their leverage? Not wanting the guy and expressing such, the huge yet non existent trade market for AR, or the cap bomb they themselves are facing?

Their leverage?  The jets are 100% DESPERATE to get the QB they have they are desperate to the point that they are going out and getting all sorts of rodgers favs to make him happy.

The Jets only have the hammer as long as they had a legit plan B, they have no legit plan B and are assuming they have rodgers already.  If I am green bay I squeeze the hell out of the jets.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Wilson (Rookie Deal) #1
Lazard (2 year Deal) #2
Moore (Rookie Deal) Slot
Cobb (1 year deal) and Mims (last of his rookie deal) as depth.

No OBJ.

Draft a WR in the mid-rounds in 2023.

That's a more than good enough unit for Rodgers to work with, with a mix of familiar and young talent, and should provide more than enough weapons, especially with what we already have at TE.

And it doesn't break the bank.

And maybe, with Rodgers, Carter/Knight at RB actually aren't so JAG-y backing up/holding the fort for Breece Hall's return.

Not good enough ... need another star opposite Wilson.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Their leverage?  The jets are 100% DESPERATE to get the QB they have they are desperate to the point that they are going out and getting all sorts of rodgers favs to make him happy.

The Jets only have the hammer as long as they had a legit plan B, they have no legit plan B and are assuming they have rodgers already.  If I am green bay I squeeze the hell out of the jets.

That's GB's leverage? That means they have none. The Jets can walk away. Can GB? The Jets can always sign a mid level vet. It may not be what they want, but they can. GB can't undo their cap issues with AR, the animosity, or the fact that they have a first round pick wasting away.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Rappaport pulling this nugget from the same bag of nothing that he's holding about the Rodgers saga.  Real tough to guestimate salary based on service time and stat comps, Rappaport.  You're literally two contacts more of an insider than most people in this forum you twat!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

I can understand why everyone is frustrated with Rodgers, and from one angle, he looks like an ecomaniacal prick.

This is a different cat.  Somebody who purposely drinks Ayahuasca tea to go on an inward journey of self-discovery is not operating on the level most people operate on.  While I get it looks like complete arrogance from one perspective, I honestly have no doubt this dude is also thinking about "Do I want to take this pressure on?"  Like, if I go to New York, the expectations are "Super Bowl or bust."  Do I want that pressure in my life?  Can I bring that to the table?  If this dude at the age of 39 years old can dig down and say "Yeah.....Lets do this thing."  He will be worth it.  This will be the guy that will give it his all.  He may not get us there, but he will give it his all.  Brady is built the same way.  And that is a mindset shift you want to reverberate throughout your organization.  

I honestly didn't think he would want to come here.  But a dude like this isn't going to take something like this on unless he believes he can do it.  And make no mistake, the expectation from this fan-base fueled by a media-rabid city is "Super Bowl or bust."  Anything less will be deemed a failure.

IF he actually signs here....buckle up.  It's gonna be a fun year next year!

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Upvote 1