Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

2 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Sorry Boozer but it ain't happening today eitherimage.thumb.jpeg.49407f89d38a34a78236d02df6ab9e68.jpeg

I don’t know why dudes mad at your comment, it might not be today.

He may come on here completely aggravated and say literally nothing about the situation.

I hope this is over today but I’m not getting my hopes up

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Here's something that is also not getting reported.  Until the jets pick up Aaron Rodgers option, the cap hit for rodgers right now is only about a million dollars. The option doesn't accelerate to the cap till they pick it up and they don't have to pick it up till week 1. 

So although his cap hit will be around $15 million at some point this off season, initially it will only be about $1 million and it will give the Jets some extra room to spend in FA.

I see what your saying, helps Woody for 2 days because he won't have to escrow money right away but it has no impact on our cap.

The contract is what it is for the year, its not like you could draw up a deal saying Rodgers gets his bonus on the SB and all the weeks prior his cap hit was lower.

3 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

What a dopey take. 

Yep…. Randall Cobb would instantly become our best #4 or #5 WR I can think of over the last 2 decades.  We’ve literally had nobody’s in this role while Cobb has become a reliable if not sexy target over the last few years.

I’m not high though on a #4 TE who takes development time away from Ruckert as the primary blocking TE, a role Ruckert should have first crack at after Uzomah was meh in the same role last year.  Carrying 4 TEs is a luxury a smart roster might not be able to afford.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Man these idiots need to stop talking. Acting like Garret Wilson is moving down to WR3 playing 20% of snaps. My goodness

They don't get paid for their opinion, they get paid to spread engagement and clicks. I wish the masses would see things through this lens, would solve a lot of problems, not just in sports lol

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Christ all I see is you trashing everything the Jets are tying to do, what’s a ideal move in your world great sensei?

You hate the QB, you hate the WR’s, like wtf would you like when every available option is flawed? 

It’s like crying just for crying sakes at this point BUT

carry on Big Brother Popcorn GIF by Pop TV

Hey fella. Thinking you have me confused with someone else. I'm all for A-Rod, Lazard, or anyone else that can help get us a ring. But yeah, OBJ for his asking price is hot garbage on an August morning.

• Upvote 2

Ra

2 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Yep…. Randall Cobb would instantly become our best #4 or #5 WR I can think of over the last 2 decades.  We’ve literally had nobody’s in this role while Cobb has become a reliable if not sexy target over the last few years.

Agree.

Randall is a vet that knows how to play with Rodgers.  From I have read, he is a good locker room guy and someone that would help Wilson and Moore as they are still young pups learning the ways of the NFL.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I know we are in attack mode but this is what I’m afraid of, our team becoming a team within a team.

Rodgers needs to embrace the entire TEAM, don’t come in here with your buddies, digging in our food when you have been outside all day

do you really think rodgers is going to prioritize getting the ball to randall cobb over garrett wilson?  or that mercedes lewis will be asked to do anything other than block?

last year, cobb was 5th of the packers with 50 targets (behind lazard, watson and dobbs, as well as tonyan).  lewis had 7 targets in 17 games (he did catch 6 of 7 and scored 2 TDs, so pretty efficient when targeted).

so let's stop worrying about garrett wilson not getting his share of targets or that rodgers will feed his boys to the detriment of others

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Man these idiots need to stop talking. Acting like Garret Wilson is moving down to WR3 playing 20% of snaps. My goodness

This is just more proof that the new era of punditry in sports that includes a bunch of ex-professional athletes along with the woke agenda of inclusivity has deteriorated sports journalism and news reporting.

These people are clueless.

Why people like Trey Wingo has been pushed out, and a myriad of other good journalists is beyond me.

Now we are stuck with agendas, ignorant diatribes, and mouth breathing fools who are full of themselves!

Re: the topic of Rodgers "wish list," sure, Rodgers provided some feedback, but JD will still build the team under the strategy and agenda HE and the Jets front office have with the mission of this year and future years.

The new core of the team includes the players JD has rebuilt the roster with, and that will continue. There will be no "we need to add a bunch of Rodgers' guys because he asked for them" BS!  Some players on that list will be considered, and we saw that with the Lazard signing, but it will still be in the model of JD's and front office strategy.

There will be no 5-6 year set back as one clown vomited on one of those shows, and I think JD and his staff deserve much more credit and the benefit of the doubt based on the work they've done over the last couple of years.

44 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

An important reminder.  The last time Rodgers was healthy, had a #1 WR, and played under our current OC, below were his stats, which included a near 70% completion rate.  In 2 of the 3 years with Hackett as his OC, the Packers made the NFC Championship game.

passer rating of 121.5 with 4,299 yards, 48 touchdowns and 5 interceptions in 16 games in 2020. He won his third MVP award as the Packers offense averaged 31.8 points per game.

passer rating of 111.9 with 4,115 yards, 37 touchdowns and 4 interceptions in 16 games in 2021. He won his fourth MVP award as the Packers averaged 26.5 points per game.

Yeah, but old, hallucinagenics, last year sucked, he’s weird and not very nice. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

Hey fella. Thinking you have me confused with someone else. I'm all for A-Rod, Lazard, or anyone else that can help get us a ring. But yeah, OBJ for his asking price is hot garbage on an August morning.

I’m sorry wrong person 

Ryan Leaf on NFL network today trashing the Rodgers move.  Says Jets should give Lamar the guaranteed money and lock him up for 5 years instead of going for 2 years of Rodgers nonsense drama. 

Says Jets with Rodgers would be one-and-done playoff team, still behind AFC power teams, but Lamar leapfrogs Jets into the mix.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dcJet said:

Ryan Leaf on NFL network today trashing the Rodgers move.  Says Jets should give Lamar the guaranteed money and lock him up for 5 years instead of going for 2 years of Rodgers nonsense drama. 

Says Jets with Rodgers would still one and done playoff team, still behind AFC power teams, but Lamar leapfrogs Jets into the mix.

No thanks to Lamar, Eff Ryan Leaf

4 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

This is just more proof that the new era of punditry in sports that includes a bunch of ex-professional athletes along with the woke agenda of inclusivity has deteriorated sports journalism and news reporting.

These people are clueless.

Why people like Trey Wingo has been pushed out, and a myriad of other good journalists is beyond me.

Now we are stuck with agendas, ignorant diatribes, and mouth breathing fools who are full of themselves!

Re: the topic of Rodgers "wish list," sure, Rodgers provided some feedback, but JD will still build the team under the strategy and agenda HE and the Jets front office have with the mission of this year and future years.

The new core of the team includes the players JD has rebuilt the roster with, and that will continue. There will be no "we need to add a bunch of Rodgers' guys because he asked for them" BS!

eyeroll

3 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

do you really think rodgers is going to prioritize getting the ball to randall cobb over garrett wilson?  or that mercedes lewis will be asked to do anything other than block?

last year, cobb was 5th of the packers with 50 targets (behind lazard, watson and dobbs, as well as tonyan).  lewis had 7 targets in 17 games (he did catch 6 of 7 and scored 2 TDs, so pretty efficient when targeted).

so let's stop worrying about garrett wilson not getting his share of targets or that rodgers will feed his boys to the detriment of others

More than anything Rogers will want to win. Granted in critical moments all QBs go to guys they can count on. In those moments it will be as much on Hackett as well as Rogers who the Primary receiver is on any given play call. Just saying 

31 minutes ago, Trotter said:

As my uncle and Godfather used to say;

Good Lord in the morning.

Some people are miserable..  it’s also likely they can’t imagine or don’t comprehend how much better a great QB makes the players around him.

Takes so much pressure off the Oline by minimizing blitzes and stacked boxes.  

Extends the playing field via threat of the deep ball and opens up passing lanes underneath.  

Etc, etc.

My smile grows imaging what Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall and Elijah Moore might become in such an offense.  How the narrative changes on our Tight Ends..

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

6 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Says Jets with Rodgers would be one-and-done playoff team, still behind AFC power teams, but Lamar leapfrogs Jets into the mix.

Like i would listen to Leaf, dude has made dumb life decisions. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I’m not high though on a #4 TE who takes development time away from Ruckert as the primary blocking TE, a role Ruckert should have first crack at after Uzomah was meh in the same role last year.  Carrying 4 TEs is a luxury a smart roster might not be able to afford.  

Right. Game on the line in the playoffs, 3rd down, defense keying on Wilson, Lazard, Hall, etc... who do you trust more to find an open space in the defense...

A proven vet with established timing with the QB... or Braxton Berrios, who dropped us out of the playoffs last year?

The extreme takes are just unbearable. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Ryan Leaf is a clown and is Exhibit A for my post above.

• Upvote 1