Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

We just gained a ton of leverage. Packers can't force him to retire and can't force him to accept a trade to a different team and the packers can't afford to pay Rodgers this year to back up Love.

He left bo doubt that he's ONLY playing for the jets. 

Yes. Great interview for Rodgers. He made sure the narrative was what he wanted. He will be a Jet and let's go!!!

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

MacAfee needs to put a damn shirt on, looks like a blonde Joey Butafuco in his prime, 

Yeah, he definitely has that creepy I was in a1980's boy band look, and now I'm a whack pack extra on Howard Stern circa 1995. All that's missing are the zebra stripe Zubaz pants and Artie Lange as his sidekick instead of AJ Hawk.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

Yeah, he definitely has that creepy I was in a1980's boy band look, and now I'm a whack pack extra on Howard Stern circa 1995. All that's missing are the zebra stripe Zubaz pants and Artie Lange as his sidekick instead of AJ Hawk.

AJ Hawk has 10 kids, no wonder he looks thoroughly traumatized! Haha 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

He's the most selfish player I've ever seen!  When the team wants to move on, he's sitting around waiting for a deal to get done!?  What a prick.

No... thats absolutely not what he said.... He said he was ready to go back to GB and finish his career and the GB packers basically shifted their thought to moving on

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wait is your fear that the deal isn't done or is it your fear that it IS?

I of course have a tinge of anxiety that the deal won't get done somehow.  But I have zero anxiety about the idea of Aaron Rodgers being the next Jet QB.  Go big or go home.  I want a QB capable of getting this team a division title.  He could crash and burn but Jimmy Garoppolo was never getting this team there in this division.  And lord knows the Jets can't seem to draft a QB, so....

The deal has clearly been done for a while. I’ve never had any questions or fears about that. 

• Upvote 2

Did any of you think this could be Green Bay holding up the works looking for more compensation which Rodgers has no say in nor do the Jets. Nothing can be announced until Green Bay moves not Aaron Rodgers. Its obvious the Jets have some type of agreement with Rodgers just be patient and stop the mad speculation 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

As a fan base that has endured the butt end of jokes and another team's highlights, today was our day to shine...personally for me, I've never wavered being a fan of this team since I became a fan when I was 16.  I know I'm not alone when I say, CAN WE GET FOOTBALL SEASON HERE ALREADY!   

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You probably already know this, but Shakespeare wrote 126 sonnets to "The Fair Youth," who many believe to be Lord Southampton, and the other 30 or whatever to "the Dark Lady," who many believe to be Italian noble Emilia Lanier.

all while he was married to Anne Hathaway

Yes, and Southampton was almost certainly one of S's patrons, perhaps his first one. In the early 1590's, Shakespeare wrote and published in London two long narrative poems. Both were dedicated to Southampton. It is believed that he started writing the sonnets around that time, and continued for some years.

So, the first 120 odd sonnets were likely written for and about Southampton.  Probably the way artists had to sort of grovel and "ass kiss" royalty in those day for sponsorship. Others think there is a homosexual element there.  Possible, but not probable.

Off topic: once Rodgers is officially in the fold, it is high time for JD to rebuild the OL.

:-)

29 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm not his single biggest basher here but - unless he said otherwise (I'm not listening) there's no evidence that, sans Woody Johnson eating lunch with him one day, he wouldn't have wanted to come here. 

He wanted out of Green Bay, the Jets showed the only major interest, were the only team (to my knowledge) who were granted permission to contact him, and they'd already hired his bff OC well before the meeting.

Fair take - how about we say Woody making sure there were snacks on the plane was a factor? 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

So how long do we wait for the trade to actually happen and what are we going to give up.. Did we just lose leverage ?

No way.. just the opposite. Packers are toast. Rodgers A) wants to play, and specifically said only Jets. He has to approve a trade. So packers can’t say to jets we will just trade him to someone else ( if a ghost team is actually out there) Packers can’t do much with Rodgers on the books, he can force their hand by playing for them. Then they likely have to trade Love. They aren’t doing that at this point. JD should absolutely not give them a 1st. A second and 3rd tops.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Smashmouth said:

Did any of you think this could be Green Bay holding up the works looking for more compensation which Rodgers has no say in nor do the Jets. Nothing can be announced until Green Bay moves not Aaron Rodgers. Its obvious the Jets have some type of agreement with Rodgers just be patient and stop the mad speculation 

Eventually this will hit critical mass, and GB will do the prudent thing. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You think Lazard isn't operating as if Rodgers won't be throwing him passes?

Everyone knows it's happening.  Likely before the draft.  Everyone knows Rodgers will be a Jet.  Dragging this out hurts the Packers more than us.

Only way the Jets would lose the leverage here is if another NFL team jumped in on the Rodgers' sweepstakes in the 11th hour.  Maybe that's what GB is hoping for....

Ok - so the Jets will not buckle or sweeten the pot to meet GBs demands? That’s all I’m trying to figure. I’m not denying the deal will get done - just wondering if the Jets will need to spend “more than necessary” because the Packers have a little leverage at this time. 

Just now, Cyberjet said:

Ok - so the Jets will not buckle or sweeten the pot to meet GBs demands? That’s all I’m trying to figure. I’m not denying the deal will get done - just wondering if the Jets will need to spend “more than necessary” because the Packers have a little leverage at this time. 

What does "more than necessary" look like though?  If we're talking about sending a 2 instead of a 3 sign me up.  If we're talking about the Jets sending over pick # 13 I think that ship has sailed for GB.  

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

So how long do we wait for the trade to actually happen and what are we going to give up.. Did we just lose leverage ?

Jets and Packers need each other right now.  Only way for GB to get out from under AR's contract and move on to Love is by trade.  Jets are the only realistic trading partner left since most other QB needy teams have already signed QBs -- aside from those at the top of the draft.

Jets need the Packers for the same reason.  Not many options left out there if they don't get Rodgers.

The two teams need each other, this will get done.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What does "more than necessary" look like though?  If we're talking about sending a 2 instead of a 3 sign me up.  If we're talking about the Jets sending over pick # 13 I think that ship has sailed for GB.  

Agree with that. If Packers get a 1st or conditional 1st the Jets buckled. 

• Upvote 4