Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I said this past March 13th, which was 2 days ago, that I strongly felt the Packers were the main reason things were being held up, because they want the #13 overall pick. It compared it to a game of chicken. You strongly disagreed and shifted the blame to Aaron Rodgers. This was two days ago. The Packers simply want too much. F them. 

what do you think, i'm Joe douglas best fcking friend? Use your head. I was sharing with you what happened last week. Principles were in place. Aaron had to consider the jets asks. here we are. NOW waiting for the packers to get over themselves. 

Just accept what happened. and what is NOW happening.  

I get the consolidation of the threads, but I think it's being overdone. Some of the threads are an interesting read, and interesting to participate in, once they get consolidated to the AR palooza thread, the discussions get destroyed.

Why can't the threads be left alone where it makes sense? 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I suppose they could play a game of chicken with us where both teams go into the offseason assuming he's being traded. arod could threaten to retire at any moment to screw them over though.

Aaron could just go back to the Packers to screw him over. They are 19 million under the cap right now without making any moves this offseason. It would blow up their off season and next year.

I don't see this going on too long because the NY media are about to go Full Manish Mehta on them. Approaching their kids in school, hanging out at the local coffee shop just for a chance to speak to their GM. They will be that corn in their crap, irritating them day-in and day-out. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Very excited for the discourse to evolve from “there’s no way we’re giving up a first-round pick” to “it’s not that big a deal that we gave up a first-round pick” to “when you think about it, not having a first-round pick is actually a positive”

There are Jets fans who are already like, "idk if they give up 2 first round picks"

5 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I'm glad you said this because now it will probably be wrapped up by dinner.

Season 6 Bet GIF by Better Call Saul

10 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Very excited for the discourse to evolve from “there’s no way we’re giving up a first-round pick” to “it’s not that big a deal that we gave up a first-round pick” to “when you think about it, not having a first-round pick is actually a positive”

Just look at you bros

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I don't see this going on too long because the NY media are about to go Full Manish Mehta on them. Approaching their kids in school, hanging out at the local coffee shop just for a chance to speak to their GM. They will be that corn in their crap, irritating them day-in and day-out. 

I love the idea that the Jets beat is cowering in fear of Aaron Rodgers, philosopher-king, while simultaneously successfully bullying an NFL front office

11 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

by the way I know we are all basking in the afterglow of King Rodgers saying he would play for the Jets but does it not concern you that he admits he was 90% out the door just 2 weeks ago?

Suppose he gets back to 90% next month, or flip flops all offseason

Absolutely a concern. The Parcells quote about a player thinking about retiring comes to mind.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

by the way I know we are all basking in the afterglow of King Rodgers saying he would play for the Jets but does it not concern you that he admits he was 90% out the door just 2 weeks ago?

Suppose he gets back to 90% next month, or flip flops all offseason

Meh. He seems pretty fn pissed off and wants a revenge tour. If anything it’ll be one and done. But don’t see him changing his mind without giving a F U to the Packers with his play on the field. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You apparently forgot how this is all Woody’s doing.
JD had to hire Hackett, it was all part of Woody’s master plan to fix our QB situation.
If I remember correctly, JD was only going along with it in order to save his job.

Whatever dude. Hackett and Saleh have a relationship. Maybe they did get the Ok from Woody, but the owner doesn’t hire the OC. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think the “90 percent retired” thing was for effect. He was never retiring, but wanted to make it sound like the Packers so grievously wounded him that he has no choice but to step back into the ring and battle for his pride and reputation.

I enjoy your extrapolations much more when I agree with them. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think the “90 percent retired” thing was for effect. He was never retiring, but wanted to make it sound like the Packers so grievously wounded him that he has no choice but to step back into the ring and battle for his pride and reputation.

that would be odd. We are supposed to believe everything he said today but not the part about how he contemplated retirement

2 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

I don't believe that is correct.  His only real leverage is "I will retire if you trade me somewhere I don't want to play."

No team would trade for him if he didn't want to go there.

Could you imagine forcing Rodgers to play for your team?

Talk about pouring fuel on the fire. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What no. I heard that the Packers were happy to tie up $32 million of their <checks Spotrac> $16 million dollars in cap space in order to extract every Jets first round pick into the foreseeable future.

The draft isn't that far off, Jets can surely wait it out.  GB doesn't get 2023 picks.

Jets don't need Rodgers to officially be a Jet - until the summer really.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Not arguing that. I’m saying where does everyone fit? We benching Moore and playing Wilson in the slot?

Moore would be traded if this was the case and DHop might move to slot or actually any of the WRs into the slot they can all play it