Vikings release 2x Pro Bowler WR Thielen (Rodgers' buddy)

Bronx

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

They will have plenty of money to spend, no cap issues this year. They’re all in.

The Jets aren't bringing in a 20 mil dollar WR when they already have Wilson on the team and breaking the bank for a QB...they will most likely bring in Lazard or a Thielen type to replace Davis.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, peebag said:

name them

DeAndre Hopkins is a better option, even when considering trade value. Getting a WR in the draft is a better option in terms of price and longevity. 

In my opinion Lazard is a better option than Thielen, but that one is more subjective.

Jakobi Meyers might be available too, and I would prefer him over Thielen too.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Hex said:

DeAndre Hopkins is a better option, even when considering trade value. Getting a WR in the draft is a better option in terms of price and longevity. 

In my opinion Lazard is a better option than Thielen, but that one is more subjective.

Jakobi Meyers might be available too, and I would prefer him over Thielen too.

They should have at least one veteran WR in the huddle imo. That's been Davis, but only for half the games lol. I guess they have a veteran TE, but meh.

No one would doubt the upside of a day 1-2 WR is way better (and cheaper and for more years) but the senior veteran WRs shouldn't be a toss up between Mims or Moore.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

They should have at least one veteran WR in the huddle imo. That's been Davis, but only for half the games lol. I guess they have a veteran TE, but meh.

No one would doubt the upside of a day 1-2 WR is way better (and cheaper and for more years) but the senior veteran WRs shouldn't be a toss up between Mims or Moore.

That's why I pointed out DeAndre Hopkins. I view him as a better option than Thielen, and he would still be a vet WR.

5 hours ago, undertow said:

He had 70 catches last year Corey Davis had 30....if you can get him for the same price I would call that an upgrade

Lazard = 60 Just Saying.

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Isn’t Thielen more of a Z / slot receiver? We need a big X receiver 

59 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

if we're going the old WR route it should be DeAndre Hopkins, not this guy. 

Agreed - if we get Rodgers, Nuk is the guy to go for. He has a serious issue with the dropsies, but you shrug that off because Rodgers would be able to work through that and Nuk brings so much else to the table.