Rodgers to the Jets - Support it, or Oppose it?

Do you support the Jets Possible/Pending Acquisition of Aaron Rodgers?  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the Jets Possible/Pending Acquisition of Aaron Rodgers?

1000% fully support

For once in our freakin lives let’s go for it and actually have a functional offense! We rank last in every offensive category over the last decade. For once in our lives let’s actually shoot for contention. IDGAF if it’s only for a 2 year max window, and Idk how far we go, but let’s at least have a viable chance! 

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

The setback is 2 years of one and done in the playoffs possibly then 3-4 years of another rebuild.

wash.rinse.repeat.

God, I hate this team.

There is definately validity to this.  But at this point, its time to get excited and ride it  out the next year or 2.  We will deal with the fallout when it happens.

• Upvote 1

Just now, rangerous said:

I support it because Rodgers is the best qb available, I trust Douglas not to trade away the future, and it’s not my money.

I don't see any reason to trade away a lot of assetts to make this deal happen.  Everyone is motivated.  Douglas isn't going to do that.  It's not his MO. 

I'm for it so long as the Jets do not give GB more than one 2nd or 3rd round pick. No firsts and no additional. contingent 2024 picks based on performance.  One pick or two 3rd day picks. That's it.  

Anything more than that and I become skeptical.  

The Jets also need to be able to draft or sign their future QB in the 2024 offseason without Rodgers getting all pissy.  He did say today that all he wants is transparency.  The Jets may want any QB they draft to sit behind Rodgers in 2024, but they can't be waiting for him to decide if he wants to play every offseason.  

Support it. It’s amazing listening to Moving the Chains this afternoon that they still say how the Jets are being held over a barrel by GB and this still might not get done. Pat Kirwan bashing how the Jets handled the situation. Then in comes callers who say they are Jets fans and  how the hate the move. Pat was saying he could see this not getting done as GB is holding all the cards and could hold on to Rodgers and wait until a QB goes down and trade AR to said team. I turned it off. 

5 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I support it.

I honestly don't think this makes the Jets the favorites to win the SB but I should be able to watch a game again without being disgusted and immediately turning to RedZone to watch a competent NFL offense.

Hopefully the Jets will be on RedZone a few times.  

Go REALLY big or go home at this point. It’s e only way to instantly dig out of the disastrous QB hole that Douglas created and allows us to “win now” for 2 years. Have a transitional year in 2025 after this great window. Not the ideal way to do things but no one has a time machine and you can’t undo the huge past blunders from JD. 

So if the Jets go with Rodgers and Zach as backup there’s openings for two more QBs on the roster going into training camp. You’d think as usual QB 4 will be a UFA but third QB maybe they’ll draft someone in later rounds or sign somebody before July prob sooner than later. Btw Rodgers does have good relationships with teammates. There were quotes recently by his ex backup with GB Brett Hundley now playing for LV in XFL who only had good things to say about Rodgers. 

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

If you oppose having AR, you should be forced to wear a scarlet letter the whole season on this board. 

Your user name should be turned red for the entirety of the season so we can all point at you and throw rotten fruit at you. 

Says the guy with a primarily red avatar. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We all should support it.  I dont think it is going to work out but I am going to root like heck that it does.

If Joe D can get Rodgers and still figure out a way to get a franchise qb, then everybody wins.

About best post you've ever made. Welcome to team sanity.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I definitely support, but for little more reason than I'd otherwise have to gouge my eyes out if forced to watch any more of Zach Wilson.

If they give up a king's ransom for him and he sucks, I have little doubt I'll still be calling for JD's head though.

Don't get me wrong, I'll absolutely be rooting for this to work out like crazy, but that's also just the honest reality.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

I definitely support, but for little more reason than I'd otherwise have to gouge my eyes out if forced to watch any more of Zach Wilson.

If they give up a king's ransom for him and he sucks, I have little doubt I'll still be calling for JD's head though.

Don't get me wrong, I'll absolutely be rooting for this to work out like crazy, but that's also just the honest reality.

Definitely my feeling on this too. Real excitement and anticipation at a playoff window would be if they didn't take a questionable qb prospect and then chose to do the bare minimum to coach him up. This is definitely a hot seat regime trying to salvage their jobs and make the most out of a mostly talented roster, which takes a little of the joy out of it for me, but at the end of the day it's likely to be better than whatever last year's offense was.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Support it. It’s amazing listening to Moving the Chains this afternoon that they still say how the Jets are being held over a barrel by GB and this still might not get done. Pat Kirwan bashing how the Jets handled the situation. Then in comes callers who say they are Jets fans and  how the hate the move. Pat was saying he could see this not getting done as GB is holding all the cards and could hold on to Rodgers and wait until a QB goes down and trade AR to said team. I turned it off. 

Along with that 50 million dollar cap hit if they keep him. Teams will be standing inline.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If I believe in Joe D, then I have to believe that Joe has a plan to still find a franchise qb and not let this Rodgers move sacrifice the future.

Woody is in charge of picking the QBs now. JD’s job is to dot the i’s and cross the t’s when it comes to them from now on.