Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets

4 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

More than I expected. Don't like the easy conditions on next year’s first.

Moving from 13 to 15 is a big deal because New England likely goes OT.

Ready to move forward though. We have our QB for the next two years. 

There are so many possibilities that could completely change the draft though. Belichick might want an OT, but another player he grades higher could drop. Or he’ll decide to trade down for more picks. Or the Jets will decide that someone they grade higher dropped to them and decide to take that player instead? How many times do you watch the draft on ESPN or NFL Network and have their experts say that a team’s biggest need is this position, just to have the team go for another player all together? It happens all night long. Just because the Jets or Patriots need an OT doesn’t mean they are drafting one no matter what.

37 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

My only issue with the trade is that I would have liked stricter conditions on the 2024 first. I like that we are protected against the Vinny torn achilles nightmare scenario, but I wanted something tied to our record or performance for the 2024 pick.

Either way, on paper, we have a top 5 defense with Aaaron Rodgers at QB. We should be entertaining, at the very least. So I'm happy. 

Playoffs or everyone gets fired. 

and hire a new GM to start it off without a 1st round pick. Great.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

There is going to be a lot of disagreement about this being a horrific trade.

If we make the playoffs, this could be a early to mid 20's 1st rounder.  This was ALWAYS going to be the compensation.  I had mentioned this in about 5 other threads.  I thought it would be a 3rd with a chance to be a first.  It is a bit steep, but that is the price you pay to get a HOF QB.  

There was just no other way.  Perhaps that is why some will hate it, thinking we were going to get this done for a 2nd.  

I still haven't seen if the Jets are getting any relief on the salary too.  based on the one sided nature of the trade comp. I doubt it though.

Yeah, the 15-13 swap is still a thing, that they got 42 instead of 43 is a thing.  That the 1st next year is all but guaranteed and has no connection to him playing next year or the Jets success this year.

My guess here - but I def. get the feeling the Jets lost every one of the sticking points holding up the trade.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Three things....

I think the D got very lucky with the QB's we played last year.  Still a strong unit for sure...but I don't see a top 5 unit (top 10 for sure)

I think Rodgers showed serious decline last year - and am very concernded, as with most aging players, once they start declining - it's only accelerates

Yes - I'm happy it's done - it'll be exciting and of course I'll be rooting...

When all's said and done I just don't know why we gave up so much.  Makes no sense to have had to.

His worst season for sure.  BUT....He played with a broken thumb and sub-par WR play and still put up 65 percent completion 3,700 yards and 26 TD's.  I think he might do okay this year with Garrett Wilson, Denzel Mims, Allen Lazard, Corey Davis, and Breece Hall (plus the draft).  

We shall see.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

His worst season for sure.  BUT....He played with a broken thumb and sub-par WR play and still put up 65 percent completion 3,700 yards and 26 TD's.  I think he might do okay this year with Garrett Wilson, Denzel Mims, Allen Lazard, Corey Davis, and Breece Hall (plus the draft).  

We shall see.

We need to find a way now to get a second impact level WR.  Garret Wilson gets hurt - this WR room is worse than Rodgers' last year.

After Wilson it's not good.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Why do some think this is a bad trade?  Wasn't the original expectation our 2 second rounders plus next years conditional second that would become a first if we made the playoffs?  What we traded seems better imo.  Essentially a 2nd, a bottom 3rd (value equivalent of 13 and 15 swap), swap of their 5th for our 6th plus next years 2nd round conditional most likely turning into a low one.

It’s the same trade we have heard rumored for a month. I don’t understand Jets fans. We knew next years 2nd would be conditional. You cannot make a 2024 pick conditional based upon his playing time in 2024. The draft happens before the season. ?. Some of you are just lost. 

• Upvote 2

Worst case scenario:

— Rodgers gets hurt in like week 13, misses last 5 games

— Jets miss playoffs

— Still need to cough up ‘24 first rounder

Best-case:

Obviously Super Bowl.  Then Nobody cares what it cost.

It’s a massive bet for a 1-year run. 

I know about the thumb, but he wasn’t MVP A-Rod in ‘22.

At 39 he’s clearly not an ascending player.

• Upvote 1

Well, now that this is done, Im curious to see where this contract goes. There were rumors and hints that if / when this trade happened, rodgers would be restructuring his contract. As it is now, this contract is brutal. While I am not thrilled with what we gave up, the price tag we paid wont feel as bad if this new contract is a team friendly one.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

"Fleeced" is trending on twitter.  HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

Joe D embarrassed himself today.  Making a bad trade is one thing.  Getting hosed by a clown like Gukenkust is pathetic.

Stay the course 

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

Well, now that this is done, Im curious to see where this contract goes. There were rumors and hints that if / when this trade happened, rodgers would be restructuring his contract. As it is now, this contract is brutal. While I am not thrilled with what we gave up, the price tag we paid wont feel as bad if this new contract is a team friendly one.

Thinking it'll be very signing bonus heavy, with a huge playoff bonus, and an even bigger SB bonus.