Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets

2 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

The mods and writers at JetNation should be embarrassed for this trash article. How about sharing the news, not sharing your dumb ass opinion. You don't represent me or any of us who are actually happy today. You represent the old ass whiny bitches that have nothing better to do with their time than to post negative sh*t all year, no matter what. The headline of this article is making you look like the laughing stock of the NFL world. Not the Jets. 

We get a 4 time MVP, HOF QB, giving us the opportunity to compete at a high level. And intelligent Jets fans including Jet Nation Mods care about somehow caving to the Packers. No, we dont talk about getting Aaron Rodgers and what that means to our chances next year, we talk about losing the trade calculator.  So ******* disappointed in JetNation. Figured you would at least be rational. 

I am going out to celebrate with my fellow Jets fans in Brooklyn. We are stoked. This site has reached its lowest level. I left for 7 years, to gain some sanity and recover from cancer. Now I am leaving to gain some happiness. Seeya Jets Nation. 

Goodbye? But we will probably see you here tm. 

yes jets are a better team today with ARod. 

but he could also retire at the end of this season, jets will be out of a first round pick next year and hold 50 mill in dead cap space. I see nothing wrong with pointing out both sides of the argument. 

some fans get excited by every move the jets make. Some complain about every move they make. And some like to point out both sides. Take a deep breath. Lol. I’m happy ARod is a jet but jets also overpaid. Both things can be true.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Goodbye? But we will probably see you here tm. 

yes jets are a better team today with ARod. 

but he could also retire at the end of this season, jets will be out of a first round pick next year and hold 50 mill in dead cap space. I see nothing wrong with pointing out both sides of the argument. 

some fans get excited by every move the jets make. Some complain about every move they make. And some like to point out both sides. Take a deep breath. Lol. I’m happy ARod is a jet but jets also overpaid. Both things can be true.

There's a reason the draft pick compensation got leaked and the Financials didn't. I have a feeling the financial piece is going to make GB look bad. I think the reworked contract the Jets do with Rodgers is going to make it clear that he will be a Jets player for at least 2 years, which will make the compensation the Packers got look terrible.

The draft pick compensation looks bad to some if you're looking at it as a 1 year rental with a huge dead money hit left in 2024. What if the Packers are eating a lot of the dead money and Rodgers takes a low salary for the next 2 years with the Jets with very little dead money when he retires? That completely changes the dynamic of the trade.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, choon328 said:

There's a reason the draft pick compensation got leaked and the Financials didn't. I have a feeling the financial piece is going to make GB look bad. I think the reworked contract the Jets do with Rodgers is going to make it clear that he will be a Jets player for at least 2 years, which will make the compensation the Packers got look terrible.

The draft pick compensation looks bad to some if you're looking at it as a 1 year rental with a huge dead money hit left in 2024. What if the Packers are eating a lot of the dead money and Rodgers takes a low salary for the next 2 years with the Jets with very little dead money when he retires? That completely changes the dynamic of the trade.

Sure. If packers are paying half of his salary this year or jets restructure him to lessen that dead cap hit when he retires, that certainly helps. But right now we can only go off what we got so far. But you may be right here. 

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I honestly don't see him playing two years.

But I also don't see this year going nearly as good as most of you do.  Sure, if they make a legitimate Super Bowl run and Rodgers somehow beats Father Time - sure.

But, unless the Jets do something to upgrade the offense - this team isn't going very far and Rodgers is going to get killed by this toxic fan base.

I guess I have a more positive view of the team. 

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He said that - but with Rodgers actually on the team that changes.  

Yes, we can afford it - just have to move things around.

If this team can't find another quality receiver I wouldn't expect much out of this team.

I think lazard and Hardman will surprise you. No neither is Hopkins, bit idk if landing nuk is feasible

10 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

I think lazard and Hardman will surprise you. No neither is Hopkins, bit idk if landing nuk is feasible

Lazard and hardman are much better than our usual number  3 and 4 guys. I don't think there is any actual argument there. 

The financials mean everything. It is hard for me to think Joe made this trade and gave up next year's first rounder on what seems like a symbolic 2nd rounder, it's almost guaranteed minus injury Rogers hits that percentage.

I know they have been going back and forth on compensation, but no way did I see this kind of compensation as possible. But I also assumed Green Bay did not take much of Rogers contract.

If the money is say paid by green Bay for say half a year or more well that changes things. 

Need to know if financially something was agreed to. That kind of sneakiness would explain things as of right now this doesn't feel like a joe type of trade. I mean you could argue it is fair for what we are getting but we were the only show in town. Doesn't seem like we need to give up a first next year. But money matter.s we need to see that part

• Upvote 1

It’s an overpay, and then some.

We controlled everything there. If we had the balls to ride out the draft, theyd have been totally screwed.

I expected the loss of a second. But to potentially lose a 1st next year for a potential rental hurts.

Either way, welcome to New York Aaron, I hope the gamble pays off!

• Upvote 2

How did we do with our 1st rounders last year? 
In the past 4 years, Sauce, GW, AVT, and Quinnen were all 1st rounders.  But let's discount them, right?  Which young players do you think Aaron Rodgers waived his NTC to play with?
He didn't have a no trade clause.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I know he’s undersized, but Kancey looks very good.

If they can move down a bit from #15 and still get him, that would not be a terrible fallback option if PJ, Skoronski and JSN are all gone.

Sam Monson loves him too apparently 

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-nfl-is-calijah-kancey-the-next-los-angeles-rams-aaron-donald

12 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

If they can move down a bit from #15 and still get him, that would not be a terrible fallback option if PJ, Skoronski and JSN are all gone.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-nfl-is-calijah-kancey-the-next-los-angeles-rams-aaron-donald

JSN isn’t happening now. Us moving to 15 just put 2 teams that would love him ahead of us. I didn’t think he’d make it to 13, now he definitely won’t make it to 15. But we should go OT anyway. But now it’s very likely GB or NE go OT. Taking our guy. Trading back isn’t as easy as some make it sound.

So really just have to hope an OT is still there at 15. If GB and/or NE take an OT making it where Sko, Johnson and Jones are all gone by 15. Makes this trade look even worse value wise. One of those 3 are still there… and it wasn’t that big of a deal including this pick swap.

Just finding it head scratching how we lost in everything value wise here. Swapped 1sts allowing GB and NE to draft ahead of us. Giving them 42 instead of 43 allowing them again a chance to take our guy. And even the 5th we got is there late 5th when they have 2 5ths.

We got our QB and that is what matters… but we got taken to the cleaners value wise here.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

For me we don’t Kancey. We need a run stuffer. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Was there any ever doubt that you are the most miserable Jets "fan" of all time?

Ironic since he branded anyone who expressed anything from doubts to outright pessimism about Zach as a miserable SOJ fan with a loser mentality.

3 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Potentially 3 years? That would be great

If we get one year of Aaron Rodgers level QB play, it's an expensive trade.

If we get two years, it's a good value trade.

If we get more than two years, it's a bargain.

Can't wait to see the contract structure, which should tell us something.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, JoeFan said:

I think that many of the nay-sayers are ignoring *where* in the first round next year’s pick will most likely be.  Even with his bad thumb, I am assuming that we would have finished at least 10-7 last year, which translates to where the Giants are picking on Thursday: in the mid 20s.

We are all so used to the Jets sucking and therefore “earning” a top 10 pick.  Does anybody honestly think that will be the case next year?   If we’ve would be picking at number 25  next year, but it has to go to Green Bay, would anyone be very upset?   How about if we would be  picking at number 30?   Etc.

It’s still a first round pick, probably our only first round pick….and it means our first draft pick, probably in round 2, is also likely to be at the back of the 2nd round, somewhere around pick 60…..I’m not commenting on the trade, just pointing out how much it will suck to sit on our hands and watch all the quality talent, in what might be a loaded draft, pass us by….I hate not playing on day 1 of the draft especially as historically draft day is the highlight of our season. 

Sorry for dumb take.

Have we confirmed the balance yet, have GB decided to eat some of his salary? Think it's a small overpay, but totally depending in how long of Aaron Rodgers, at an Elite level we get.

It's a great deal if we've got GB to pay some of his contract.

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Is Garret wilson good or bad?

Is Sauce Garder good or bad?

Is Alijah Vera tucker good or bad?

Is Quinnen williams good or bad?

Picks are very important, the rationale that we don't need them because we have been bad for so long and now the only reason we have promise is due to 1st round picks is bizarre.

By all means be super happy about getting Rodgers but also acknowledge it was pricey,  pricer than most people were speculating on.

It Rodgers comes in and takes us to where we want to go then the picks are worth trading, if things go bad then it will have been a bad gamble.

This keeps getting repeated, but it's a deeply slanted take unless one seriously believes the Jets were realistically winning a SB anytime soon in the absence of this trade. It's properly weighed against what else would've been the team's fate; not against some absolute that's not guaranteed for even the best of the best teams (which the Jets weren't otherwise going to be anyway).

Also the Jets didn't trade away any top 10 picks, so at a minimum you can cross off at least 3 of the 4 players you mentioned above. 

Drafted in the teens to 20s you can instead lament losing out on JJII's rookie season or past bottom-half 1st round picks like Darron Lee, Calvin Pryor, etc.

They retained a higher-half 1st round pick for 2023, and if Rodgers gets hurt early enough this season that they earn another top 3-10 pick in 2024 then they still keep that pick.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This keeps getting repeated, but it's a deeply slanted take unless one seriously believes the Jets were realistically winning a SB anytime soon in the absence of this trade. It's properly weighed against what else would've been the team's fate; not against some absolute that's not guaranteed for even the best of the best teams (which the Jets weren't otherwise going to be anyway).

Also the Jets didn't trade away any top 10 picks, so at a minimum you can cross off at least 3 of the 4 players you mentioned above. 

Drafted in the teens to 20s you can instead lament losing out on JJII's rookie season or past bottom-half 1st round picks like Darron Lee, Calvin Pryor, etc.

They retained a higher-half 1st round pick for 2023, and if Rodgers gets hurt early enough this season that they earn another top 3-10 pick in 2024 then they still keep that pick.

I agree with all of this… but we now have a ton of money tied into the QB position. So we won’t be players in FA. And we likely have no 1st next year. So that heightens what we need to get in this draft this week. Bc really that’s our only assets for the next couple off seasons (including this one where I think our FA period was rather meh).

Csnt be a win now team and not go all in. We went all in on this trade… but what else have we done to show we’ve gone all in? Sign Lazard? That’s it so far.