Denver has to be so pisst

7 hours ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

I've never seen a QB as good as Russell Wilson just randomly suck suddenly.  I think there's more things going on behind the scenes. He was putrid last year 

Yeah, I don’t think Russell Wilson suddenly sucks, I think he and Hackett were a poor fit, and that breaking in a new QB and head coach at the same time is a bad plan. Wilson is an undersized QB who needs to have an offense tailored to to his needs. He needs to move to create throwing lanes because he is physically unable to stand tall in the pocket. Payton, who had a little bit of success with a 6’0” QB, should be able to get a lot more out of him. 

Luckily for Jets fans, we already know that Hackett + Rodgers is capable of being a successful tandem. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

I've never seen a QB as good as Russell Wilson just randomly suck suddenly.  I think there's more things going on behind the scenes. He was putrid last year 

IDK. His play was trending downward in Seattle. They got rid of him for a reason.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

They hired hack and got Russel Wilson for like a million picks and he played about as close to Zach Wilson as possible. Now he sees the jets get hack and Rodgers...they got to pisst

One year ago, Getting Russell Wilson was every bit as big a boost as Rodgers is this year.  Hopefully, we make out a lot better, but let's not jinx it.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

I am unable to recall any significant instances of high-profile trades involving top QB'sresulting in a significant decline in their performance. While quarterbacks like Manning, Brady, and now hopefully  Rodgers will remain good, Wilson just went to trash. Quarterbacks such as Ryan and Rivers, who may have been considered top-tier earlier, were already declined before teh move. As of now, there are no other prominent examples of top players who have experienced a significant drop in their performance after switching teams that i can think of.  

4 hours ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

You may be right.  Just don’t bring it up to a Broncos fan who will immediately shoot back with the 8 AFC Championships and 3 Super Bowls they’ve won.  Not to mention knocking out the best team we’ve had in the last 50 years on the way to one of them.  Jets fans in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones at Bronco fans in brick houses.  ???

Denver fans are still dirt bags . Ask Wayne Chrebet's family .

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I am unable to recall any significant instances of high-profile trades involving top QB'sresulting in a significant decline in their performance. While quarterbacks like Manning, Brady, and now hopefully  Rodgers will remain good, Wilson just went to trash. Quarterbacks such as Ryan and Rivers, who may have been considered top-tier earlier, were already declined before teh move. As of now, there are no other prominent examples of top players who have experienced a significant drop in their performance after switching teams that i can think of.  

Maybe bledsoe? Although his reputation was greater than his actual play. Bledsoe was always overrated IMHO. I remember when we traded for him and all my fellow degenerate bills fans thought we were getting prime Dan Marino.  I always thought bledsoe on his best day was more Jeff George or Vinny Testaverde. Good QB , big arm. But not hof

11 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

They hired hack and got Russel Wilson for like a million picks and he played about as close to Zach Wilson as possible. Now he sees the jets get hack and Rodgers...they got to pisst

Time will tell, won't it?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

They have Sean Payton, we have Robert Saleh.   Random thought.  

@Biggs

Comparing Robert Saleh and Sean Payton as head coaches reveals some interesting differences in coaching styles and results. While Payton has an impressive track record of success, winning a Super Bowl with the New Orleans Saints and coaching some of the most talented offensive players in NFL history, Saleh has shown an ability to get the most out of his players and exceed expectations even when facing challenges such as injuries or a lack of talent.

It is not to say that Payton is a bad coach or has not shown the ability to win. However, it can be argued that his success has often relied on having superior talent on the field. When his team faced injuries or other setbacks, Payton's coaching performance has not always been as impressive. In contrast, Saleh has shown an ability to coach up his players and put them in a position to succeed even when they are not the most talented team on the field. 

For example, Saleh was able to win seven games despite facing numerous challenges such as injuries and a lack of talent at the quarterback and offensive line positions. This is a testament to his ability to get the most out of his players and create a winning culture even in the face of adversity.

On the other hand, when the Saints faced challenges such as the Bountygate scandal or a decline in the performance of quarterback Drew Brees, the team struggled and did not perform as well as expected. While Payton has undoubtedly had great success as a head coach, it can be argued that his coaching performance has not always been consistent and has relied heavily on having superior talent on the field.

In conclusion, while both Saleh and Payton are talented coaches with their own strengths and weaknesses, it can be argued that Saleh has shown an ability to get the most out of his players and exceed expectations even when facing challenges, while Payton's coaching performance has been more closely tied to having superior talent on the field. Ultimately, the choice of which coach is better is an easy choice for me. 

I take Saleh every damn time. Cause as a Jets fan we are not always going to have the best players. And saleh with even remotely decent qb play last year woudl have led us deep in the playoffs. Sean Payton team would have won like 3 games last year. Just a random thougth

• Haha 1

I would wait until after next year to be doing victory laps, there is a reason that about 4 teams this year have 2 first rounders and some very unexpectedly high first rounders.  We could easily be in the same boat so lets not set the fireworks off until after next years success.

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

@Biggs

Comparing Robert Saleh and Sean Payton as head coaches reveals some interesting differences in coaching styles and results. While Payton has an impressive track record of success, winning a Super Bowl with the New Orleans Saints and coaching some of the most talented offensive players in NFL history, Saleh has shown an ability to get the most out of his players and exceed expectations even when facing challenges such as injuries or a lack of talent.

It is not to say that Payton is a bad coach or has not shown the ability to win. However, it can be argued that his success has often relied on having superior talent on the field. When his team faced injuries or other setbacks, Payton's coaching performance has not always been as impressive. In contrast, Saleh has shown an ability to coach up his players and put them in a position to succeed even when they are not the most talented team on the field. 

For example, Saleh was able to win seven games despite facing numerous challenges such as injuries and a lack of talent at the quarterback and offensive line positions. This is a testament to his ability to get the most out of his players and create a winning culture even in the face of adversity.

On the other hand, when the Saints faced challenges such as the Bountygate scandal or a decline in the performance of quarterback Drew Brees, the team struggled and did not perform as well as expected. While Payton has undoubtedly had great success as a head coach, it can be argued that his coaching performance has not always been consistent and has relied heavily on having superior talent on the field.

In conclusion, while both Saleh and Payton are talented coaches with their own strengths and weaknesses, it can be argued that Saleh has shown an ability to get the most out of his players and exceed expectations even when facing challenges, while Payton's coaching performance has been more closely tied to having superior talent on the field. Ultimately, the choice of which coach is better is an easy choice for me. 

I take Saleh every damn time. Cause as a Jets fan we are not always going to have the best players. And saleh with even remotely decent qb play last year woudl have led us deep in the playoffs. Sean Payton team would have won like 3 games last year. Just a random thougth

I’m going to wait for the movie before responding.