### The Official Draft Day One Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I like the whole hey if our best play at whatever position gets hurt we are screwed...rodgers, Wilson, hall etc. Yeah. Nonsh*t. That.is the case for every team.in the league.

Pass rusher is a good pick in the first a premium pick. O thought we go wr but hard to knock a guy that grades as one of the best at his position among those drafted for a decade.

It would be nice if the 2nd part of your post was correct.

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Has good pass rushing moves, and makes it easier for guys like huff and Q and JJ.  The best teams have multiple pass rushers. 

The best teams know the modern NFL is an Offense > Defense league, and they score lots of points with elite offenses and offensive talent.

We'll just have to agree to disagree for now.  We'll see if this guy contributes at all during this 1-2 year run with Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

As a situational pass rusher, he could literally have the best pass rush win rate in the entire NFL… and still only be worthy of being tendered at a 2nd round level.

We know this because Bryce Huff has the best pass rush win rate in the NFL and we tendered him at a 2nd round level.

That is absolutely bizarre logic

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

With each passing minute that goes by, I hate this pick more and more.

What have you done Joe D?  What have you done??

Dont worry, JD has his eyes on a 2nd rd pick athletic defensive tackle who they can rotate in on 2nd down.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It will be fun to closely track jsn career vs will mcdoanlds and see who has more impact.

There was NO way we were picking a C at fifteen or a WR after picking two up in F/A.

One of the top 4-5 Centers will be available at 43, and we can pick up more WR help later in draft.

Just now, Warfish said:

The best teams know th emodern NFL is an Offense > Defense league, and they score lots of points with elite offenses and offensive talent.

The jets are going to have a completely new offense.  They’re getting back several guys from injury, traded for rodgers and signed 2 FA wrs.  

2 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

huh, i just showed you two above, and you liked my post

both kiper and mcshay had him as a late 1st round pick.

Naturally, the Jets had to take him in the top 15, then.  You can’t risk missing out those fringe first round picks.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Posted that before I read your post

still confused as to why you wouldn’t pick Nolan smith who was a universal top 10-15 pick

well 26 picks have been made as i type and nolan smith is still available

so no, he's not a top 10-15 pick

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Now we have to guard Dalton Kincaid for the next few years! Today was a horrible day. Plus the Rangers got smashed.

Brutal day for the Rangers.  And then the Jets miss out on OL.  We'll see about this LB though.  At least he sounds promising.  I trust JD's opinion.

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I’m wondering if he trades back tomorrow b/c they have no 3rd rounder.  But even if they don’t and take an OL, that’s 2 big positions of need addressed.  At this point I’m wondering if they go C or OT.

He has to take a T or center.  Probably a center. They had several meetings with Schmidt so seems likely JD goes center.  We have Brown, Becton, Mitchell and AVT can slide outside if need be.  Schmidt could be mentored by McGovern for a year.  JD could always sign a FA tackle this year for depth.  

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

With each passing minute that goes by, I hate this pick more and more.

What have you done Joe D?  What have you done??

You have to send quarterback killers in waves to beat KC and Cincy. 

We have the guy that might be able to keep up with them now at qb.  

We now have a guy that might make that game saving sack to hold those dudes off.