Jets are in 2nd place, two teams behind them in the AFC East : Take 2

Maxman

Alright, take two for this thread. Let's keep this on topic. 

I think the Jets win on Sunday vs the Pats. But maybe we can use this thread to look at the early season standings. The Dolphins play the Broncos and I don't think their schedule gets tougher until later.

• Upvote 1

The AFC is not looking nearly as daunting as everyone made it out to be. Even the elite teams are mostly struggling. Miami looks concerning but let’s see how they fare over the season and if Tua stays healthy. Baltimore also looks good even in spite of some injuries.

Probably half the AFC fanbases or more are freaking out right now, and not all of them have a signature win over a tough opponent like we do.

The Jets may very well end up disappointing this year but people need to stop giving up all hope after one loss. Pats are sitting at 0-2 and we have a chance to knock them to 0-3 and go up to 2-0 in the division. The team that beat Buffalo week 1 can beat the Pats week 3. Let’s see what happens. Go Jets!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

I think the Jets win on Sunday vs the Pats. But maybe we can use this thread to look at the early season standings. The Dolphins play the Broncos and I don't think their schedule gets tougher until later.

We cannot beat Belichick. Can’t be done. Maybe with an NFL QB. With a non NFL QB? No way. Unwinnable game.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1

Just now, Smashmouth said:

I fell down the stairs last Monday night 

How did your achilles end up?  :)

We stayed at a VRBO in Dallas that was one of these hipster townhouses. 20 steps when you walked in to go up to the kitchen and living room. Another 20 steps to get to the bedrooms. A really cool roof top, oh but another 20 steps.

These things were straight and daunting. There was a bedroom downstairs next to the garage when you walked in, that is where I stayed.

3:45am alarm had to leave at 4am for the airport. So of course I go to bed at 1am. I am walking down the stairs and I almost slipped on stair two or three. I looked at all the remaining steps and the concrete floor. Thought to myself, not only would that be the end of me but they wouldn't find me for a few more hours.

7 minutes ago, Bob Robbins said:

The AFC is not looking nearly as daunting as everyone made it out to be. Even the elite teams are mostly struggling. Miami looks concerning but let’s see how they fare over the season and if Tua stays healthy. Baltimore also looks good even in spite of some injuries.

Probably half the AFC fanbases or more are freaking out right now, and not all of them have a signature win over a tough opponent like we do.

The Jets may very well end up disappointing this year but people need to stop giving up all hope after one loss. Pats are sitting at 0-2 and we have a chance to knock them to 0-3 and go up to 2-0 in the division. The team that beat Buffalo week 1 can beat the Pats week 3. Let’s see what happens. Go Jets!

Totally agree. Dolphin fans are the only one happy and their coach is a total nut job who is going to injure himself racing off the field.

And Tua has to prove he can play a full season, but they are off to the best start with an easier start to the schedule for them.

This next game to me is perhaps the biggest game we have had in a long long time.  We lose to the pats and we are going no where this year.

They are marginally better at QB right now and vastly better at coaching.  We should be better in pretty well all other areas, maybe they have an edge at LB.

A loss would be a total disaster and any confidence I had in the coaching staff would be totally gone.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

I see so many people climbing all these stairs. Before you get to the top and jump, please remember the Jets are in 2nd place. There is a 3rd place and 4th place team behind them. Just saying.

image.png

One lose and we are in the cellar. You  need to look at the glass half empty not half full

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

^ not helping (snicker) .. I'm on my last bottle of Zach juice .. this kid either starts showing he can put it together .. or it's bag zoom Alice.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yeah on try number 16 with the worst starting QB. 

Yes, agreed. I also see coach Saleh working diligently on an innovative game plan to fool and out coach Belichick. 

An innovative Zone coverage to fool young Mac Jones.

Seriously though, I get you being positive, but this game really worries me. Wilson Cant read coverage for sh*t and mumbles is the master at disguising coverage and making young Zach terrified to play against him.. that’s on offense.

on defense, if the Jets play the same sh*t zone coverage they’ll get eaten alive all day. And can somebody on the coaching staff teach them how to cover a screen pass?

The Patriots own the Jets and they know it. It’s embarrassing. Jets need to come out and just kick their ass from start to finish and put an end to it.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Bob Robbins said:

Yes… a little home cooking is always good if:

#1 Jets fans actually decide to support Zach 

#2 Pass Rush returns against Mac Jones

#3 LB group figures out how to cover TE

#4 OL stands up against Judon & Co. opens holes

#5 Hall & Cook break tackles & pop a couple

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

I see so many people climbing all these stairs. Before you get to the top and jump, please remember the Jets are in 2nd place. There is a 3rd place and 4th place team behind them. Just saying.

image.png

It was one game against a team playing like a juggernaut right now. It was a non-conference road game. Win Sunday and the Jets are 2-0 in the division. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Bob Robbins said:

Agree with this. But we need more from the QB position to capitalize on it.

I have no confidence in Wilson under C against NE.

This was his stat line against them last year in 2 games.

1st game: 20/41 355yds 2tds 3ints

2nd game: (quite possibly the worst game I've ever seen a starting QB have) 9/22 77yds (this isn't a typo and he didn't get injured) 0tds 0ints

So in 2 games he was 29/63 432yds 2tds 3ints.

Cant see how anyone is confident that we win this game.

D will have to carry us. And they've been average so far. So something will have to be vastly different than what we've seen so far.

I have us losing this one but in a close game.

This is a good litmus test for Zacky. It's a chance to get the fans behind him because the opponent is historically despised. We desperately need a win, and we are at home. This is a good chance for him to take advantage of a team headed in the wrong direction.

If he is able to put a nail in their coffin, that will buy him a lot of street cred around here. giphy.gif

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1

What did we lose to the Pats by a year ago?  22-17 with a horrid JFM hit costing us an INT & TD and a 10-3 nightmare lost on Manns dumb as F punt in a snooze fest.  We didn’t lose to coaching. 

If we can manage not to play like “horseless asses” they’re beatable. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

To win this game, we are not asking Zach to beat BB, we are asking Saleh to come up with a game plan that will beat BB. So how many of us feel this will happen? I personally think we are going to see Judon doing his best Parsons imitation.  
I actually fear most for G Wilson. There will be borderline questionable dirty hits ... say what you will about Belichick ... his defense always plays at the edge of legality.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

D will have to carry us. And they've been average so far. So something will have to be vastly different than what we've seen so far.

They have not been dominant and they have given up a lot of FG drives but this has been a very solid bend but don't break defense facing talented QBs (and with Dallas a very good o-line). The Jets Defense has given up x3 TDs so far. 

This is still a good defense. Especially once they face the likes of Mac Jones, a clear downgrade from Dak and Allen.  

Jets strategy has to be to keep the ball out of Zach's hands as much as possible.  At the very least, if our running game/Breece are having a big game, it should open up some opportunities for Zach here and there.  Overall though it's gotta be the Breece show and hope the defense comes out looking to redeem themselves for that display against Dallas.  IMO it certainly can be done.   But yeah, if we end up having to rely on Zach to make plays, it's going to be another slog similar to the games last year.