Zach Wilson EVERY THROW - Week 4 - New York Jets vs Kansas City Chiefs Highlights

24 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That’s the player they thought they were getting when they drafted him. He played really well. Decisive, good delivery of the football, good decisions. When Saleh and the Jets say they’ve seen an improved Zach Wilson this year and during practices, last night’s performance tells me they were not bullsh!tting.

The biggest question now is, can he remain consistent, not regress, build on this.

Yea, if he somehow turns a corner look out. It's tough though right, because since he's been so bad he is evaluated so unfairly. 

He has to lead us to the playoffs to wash the stink off. It's the only way. 

Definitely felt like something clicked last night though. And the Chiefs are not slouches on defense either. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alentador31 said:

Yea, if he somehow turns a corner look out. It's tough though right, because since he's been so bad he is evaluated so unfairly. 

He has to lead us to the playoffs to wash the stink off. It's the only way. 

Definitely felt like something clicked last night though. And the Chiefs are not slouches on defense either. 

for the love of god i hope so. ive supported him and the team, and last week i broke and gave up on him. this week has me questioning everything....again. make it stop.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That’s the player they thought they were getting when they drafted him. He played really well. Decisive, good delivery of the football, good decisions. When Saleh and the Jets say they’ve seen an improved Zach Wilson this year and during practices, last night’s performance tells me they were not bullsh!tting.

The biggest question now is, can he remain consistent, not regress, build on this.

Agreed this is the big point - this game reminded me a lot of the Tampa Bay game from ZW's rookie year. Not a lot of flashy plays but a ton of on-time, tight windowed throws. The problem is in hindsight that Tampa game was a bit of an anomaly. There was only one game after that @ Buffalo so not exactly the same - but its really important for Zach and the offense to build off of this and not have it be a one off solid performance. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If they saw it, why were they afraid to throw the ball?   Why did they run into a stacked line?  Why didn't they open it up when they got 50 yards of offense in a half?  It was clear they refused to throw the ball for a third of the New England game.

What they saw, last night, was something they had never seen before maybe a practice this week.  They decided to open it up and take their chances and found what they were looking for.

They say only a fool continues doing the same thing and expects better results.  It took until the 4th game of Zach's 3rd season for the fools in charge to try something different.

Regardless of why, thank goodness the OC opened up the offense.  KC was all set to play the stacked line and blitz every down like everyone else has done.  Better late than never.

Well I said here multiple times last week I felt the Jets and Wilson would play a great game and pull off the upset. Soooo close. I was actually pissed off when that INT got called back because I cannot stand Mahomes, really wanted them to lose. I also think it's great that Wilson outplayed him.

The question now is will he play the rest of the games loose like that, just getting into a flow. He seemed to have a lot of time on plenty of throws which always helps. 

• Upvote 1

Anybody watch the clip and want to respond or are we just on a combo of "look how great he did, he turned the corner" vs.  "it was one game, I will believe it when he strings some together"  ?  

I watched it and my first thought was kind of negative.  He seemed to be staring down the receiver as much as on any of the clips where that was the complaint about him the last 3 years.  He did pull the trigger and let the ball fly.  I have been describing as pulling the pin and holding the grenade until it explodes for ages.  He wasn't that this week.

IMO that was the first step.  If he knows where he is throwing and who he is throwing to he can make a good throw even to guys that are covered and it will be more successful than what he has been doing.  It was pretty effective most of last night.  Could be that he and Hackett are more in sync or that he is showing some confidence.  If it is just that it worked against the Chiefs then it will not help much going forward. 

There were a few, like the swing to Gipson that were ridiculous, but mostly it wasn't a huge criticism.  Decisive rip to first read is a huge improvement, but I question how much more there was.  

• Upvote 1

It's a pretty mixed bag. Lots of mistakes and opportunities left on the field as well as a lot of really good throws and progress. 

I was more pleased with Hackett and the game he called. I hope he keeps this up moving forward and not just a game plan to "keep up" with the Chiefs.

What was really weird, is that I wasn't dreading the offense getting the ball back. Felt like they could score every possession. 

I'm not sure how much of this was "gameplan" to open things up for Zach.  You kind of have to throw the ball when you're being blasted by 17 points in the first quarter.

That being said, the Chiefers knew he had to throw the ball and Zach delivered anyways.

I truly believe Zach was so "All my fault" after the game because he really felt the confidence that they were going to drive and score to take the lead and the mistake mucked it up for the whole team.

All that being said, it doesn't appear fake that the whole team is behind him.  I think none of the coaches or the players were blowing smoke when they said they believed he could do it.  I'm not sure I've ever seen a team more behind an unproven struggling QB than they have been of Zach this season.  Maybe a bit because they had no choice, maybe a bit because he has shown it in practice against a really good defense.  We'll probably never know unless there is a documentary of the season released.

Let us pray we continue to stay healthy so we can see what this team can really do and that Zach doesn't turn in to a frog again.

Also, MC > DC.

I finally got around to watching this.  It's hard to tell some things without the "All 22" (though I'm still grateful to Bla Bla Bla for posting this!) but here's what I can say:

-I am NOT buying the whole "he stunk the last 3 drives" narrative.  

This was a designed play to Cook.

Zach_Wilson_EVERY_THROW__Week_4__New_York_Jets_vs_Kansas_C(3).gif.d46defc443b1b720f4727684f1ee65c3.gif

Looked like a reasonable decision here

image.gif.288cc518713fdfa1c8acf03712c7201f.gif

He put the ball in some danger.  Not his best.

image.gif.8a5dd6cf0dde265c31b0654c80e61ebc.gif

Meh play.  Doesn't look like much was available

image.gif.ace1fa693f1ca5d744a114f819eac0af.gif

This one stunk.  Looked like there was a WR open toward the sidelines and he missed it.

image.gif.894e69d31be56275ebc8b09d844d8fa1.gif

Nice pass for the 1st down.

image.gif.86b47c5b1a8a6470a841d12a6542610d.gif

Loved this pass.  Unfortunately, the next play was the fumble.

image.gif.b2fb3b24055dfe35b1b96db133239c42.gif

-I think his best pass of the night was the TD pass to Lazard.  That was a tight window and he had to throw towards his back shoulder.  Outstanding placement!

image.gif.1d6eb21cca3bc14970f801070b67847f.gif

-Nothing groundbreaking here but I still wanted to include this because it was a gutty run.

Zach_Wilson_EVERY_THROW__Week_4__New_York_Jets_vs_Kansas_C(2).gif.3513f2dc0a1873123b982685f679c990.gif

-His worst pass of the night, imo, was right before halftime.  If I'm seeing this correctly, he threw kind of far behind GW.  If he hit him in stride, this looks like a TD.  I didn't notice it at the time but this was a potentially game-changing play that was missed.

Zach_Wilson_EVERY_THROW__Week_4__New_York_Jets_vs_Kansas_C.gif.aff08037fc3ca41f85c3e7951ef2842e.gif

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
On 10/2/2023 at 9:51 PM, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

Well I said here multiple times last week I felt the Jets and Wilson would play a great game and pull off the upset. Soooo close. I was actually pissed off when that INT got called back because I cannot stand Mahomes, really wanted them to lose. I also think it's great that Wilson outplayed him.

The question now is will he play the rest of the games loose like that, just getting into a flow. He seemed to have a lot of time on plenty of throws which always helps. 

It's always frustrating when a close game doesn't go as hoped, especially with a controversial call. Wilson's performance was impressive, showcasing potential for the Jets. If he can maintain that flow and the offensive line continues providing protection, they could see more success. Keeping that momentum and confidence will be key for the team moving forward.Insta Pro Apk Download

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

He also fumbled a snap for no apparent reason, which almost cost them a chance to even try to win at the end.

As soon as the Jets realized they weren’t going to be exercising the 5th year option, they should have committed to running him more on designed calls, QB runs, RPO, etc.

Thats where he is most “dangerous”, with his legs.

Sounds bad but that’s essentially how the NFL treats RBs these days:

Run them into the ground because you know you’re not going to be keeping them beyond their rookie deal anyway.

6 hours ago, Soma said:

It's always frustrating when a close game doesn't go as hoped, especially with a controversial call. Wilson's performance was impressive, showcasing potential for the Jets. If he can maintain that flow and the offensive line continues providing protection, they could see more success. Keeping that momentum and confidence will be key for the team moving forward.Insta Pro Apk Download

Ban

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He also fumbled a snap for no apparent reason, which almost cost them a chance to even try to win at the end.

Mahomes did the exact same thing in this very game.  His OL just didn't let the DL through immediately to fall on the ball.  He had time to pick it up, look up and throw it.

Zach's play by the time the ball was in the ground, the DL was already there.

Obvious caveat, Zach is not good, Zach bad, Zach needs to go.  I just disagree with the point.

32 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Did AI necro this informative and thought provoking video ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I've seen several posts on here that definitely seem like they're from AI bots.  Things are getting weird!

Btw, how soon until we can't tell the difference?

I've seen several posts on here that definitely seem like they're from AI bots.  Things are getting weird!
Btw, how soon until we can't tell the difference?
6 years till singularity

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I didn't even bother to look in here because it seems ridiculous.  The first thing to notice is that the shining light is a game where he threw for 245 yards.  In a loss.  Where the team scored 20 points and 2 was on a safety and he fumbled to end the game.

The other thing I noticed is that watching the cut-ups is that you can see him double clutch on a bunch of those missed throws.  Those are not pump fakes, those seem like him thinking a receiver will be one place and then rethinking it.  He is a slow processor.  If you remember one of LaFleur's plans was to have him "grip it and rip it."  Hit the drop and let it rip whatever happens, happens.  He has to know where guys are going to be on these option routes.  On the "miss" before the half it looks like he thinks Wilson will sit down in the middle and has to pull back and reset when he realizes he is running cross field.  

Bottom line is that he is not good and does not seem well liked.  He will not be under contract for 2025, so I don't see the purpose.  He has to go.  He is bad and a distraction.  What more do we need to know?

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I didn't even bother to look in here because it seems ridiculous.  The first thing to notice is that the shining light is a game where he threw for 245 yards.  In a loss.  Where the team scored 20 points and 2 was on a safety and he fumbled to end the game.

The other thing I noticed is that watching the cut-ups is that you can see him double clutch on a bunch of those missed throws.  Those are not pump fakes, those seem like him thinking a receiver will be one place and then rethinking it.  He is a slow processor.  If you remember one of LaFleur's plans was to have him "grip it and rip it."  Hit the drop and let it rip whatever happens, happens.  He has to know where guys are going to be on these option routes.  On the "miss" before the half it looks like he thinks Wilson will sit down in the middle and has to pull back and reset when he realizes he is running cross field.  

Bottom line is that he is not good and does not seem well liked.  He will not be under contract for 2025, so I don't see the purpose.  He has to go.  He is bad and a distraction.  What more do we need to know?

Screen-Shot-2023-11-20-at-12_09.12-PM-scaled-e1700500286362-832x447.jpg.6e4a6dc9cafe0470610ed604c09f62d9.jpg