Would this offense be good with Aaron Rodgers?

1 hour ago, Barton said:

They would still have major issues as an offense due to the lack of an elite-ish 2nd receiver outside of Garrett at either WR or TE, and the Oline being swiss cheese at times. 

Agreed but if Aaron was upright we may have been a little more aggressive  getting one this year. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JetFaninPatLand said:

I just finished watching the All 22 from last weeks game and I’ve come to the conclusion that 40 year old Aaron Rodgers would not have been successful.

Observations: 

-The OL stinks in pass protection

-The WR with the exception of Garrett can’t get separation. Lazard is a complete zero. 

-The running game is AWFUL. One of the worst success rates in the league. 

Obviously prime Rodgers could make a high school offense look good, but 40 year old Rodgers? Not sure. 

What are your thoughts?

Yes, I think a HOF quarterback would improve the offense over Zach Wilson.

I actually think Zach has played decent given what's going on around him, but Rodgers is a huge upgrade over Zach.

5 minutes ago, JetFaninPatLand said:

The Giants were putting 9 on the box any time jets ran 13 personnel. 

With Zach, I think that’s a point here. You can say Aaron’s old, he’s not this, he’s not that but if he was in the game   the offense would simply be better for a host of reasons. This is probably where you go but would  it be good? Not sure, but definitely gooder than it is 

8 minutes ago, JetFaninPatLand said:

Do you think they would have been doing that with Rodgers at QB? Playing with fire when the QB can burn you.

Running backs have a much easier time when Rodgers is QB because they rarely see this sort of sell out by defenses.

• Post of the Week 1

Kind of depends on what you mean by "would this offense be good."

When watching the Cowboys game, for instance, my first thought was "even with Rodgers we get smoked this game." Couldn't block anyone on offense and the defense got worked.

There's certainly no reason to believe we'd be a top five or even top ten offense with Rodgers.

But would the offense, and subsequently the team, be clearly, significantly better? I think that's pretty obviously yes. Lazard and Cobb aren't obvious value add guys -- but but they're guys with chemistry and history with Rodgers. Rodgers ability to diagnose a defense pre-snap is leaps and bounds better than Wilson, and teams couldn't stack the box against the run.

The same primary issue remains -- the OL stinks and there would clearly be games (Cowboys, Eagles, sadly even the Giants) where Rodgers would struggle behind it. But the entire nature of the offense and how defenses need to play us would change with Rodgers out there.

I think we'd be 5-2 or better with Rodgers, frankly. The only "L" we've taken that we clearly lose even with Rodgers is Dallas.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

It would be better but not great,  we still have stink wrs and an atrocious oc.  Our record would be no different at this point in the year.

I think it would be "better at times", when everything else is working. This scenario about AR getting the ball out faster is fine, but he could not take some of those hits several times in a game.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, JetFaninPatLand said:

I just finished watching the All 22 from last weeks game and I’ve come to the conclusion that 40 year old Aaron Rodgers would not have been successful.

Observations: 

-The OL stinks in pass protection

-The WR with the exception of Garrett can’t get separation. Lazard is a complete zero. 

-The running game is AWFUL. One of the worst success rates in the league. 

Obviously prime Rodgers could make a high school offense look good, but 40 year old Rodgers? Not sure. 

What are your thoughts?

Aaron Rogers would not be able to escape the pass rush. The Jets have way too many holes on the line. Rogers would get injured a few minutes into a game. 

• Upvote 1

Rodgers even at 40 would be throwing receivers open, calling proper protections at the line, getting the ball out much quicker, and we'd have much better execution in the red zone and on 3rd down. Most of the layup reads Zach misses he would feast on, and it would open our running game that much more. You don't need Rodgers to be an MVP for this squad to be dangerous, just keeping defenses honest and opening up a consistent running game to lean on would have this offense looking night and day better then with Zach under center. 

With all that being said the OL, primarily in pass pro would still be bad with all the injuries and would prob have led to him being killed with a different injury.....

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, JetFaninPatLand said:

The Giants run a hybrid 46 defense, throw in the inclement weather and you get a ####show. Dexter Lawrence B-slapped the Jets OL all day. That had nothing to do with Zach, that has to do with Dexter being one of the best DT in the game right now. 

Yes, the answer is clearly yes. One thing is for sure, the offense would have attacked more. AR would not have allowed them to play conservative, even if they wanted to, he would not stand for it.

An offense that does not attack is a pussy offense, that is what we have now, a passive non attacking offense. AR would be much better in this offense just on his push to play aggressively, and he is obviously a much better QB 

Our running game would instantly become one of the better units in football with Rogers at the helm.  There is no way you can stack the box against him like you can against Zac and imo our OL runblocking and Breece Hall are relatively elite (at least before the injuries). 

The way D coordinators play the Jets is one of the most disrespectful things i've ever witnessed, getting them to at least play somewhat honestly would open up so many things for this offense.

1 hour ago, DonCorleone said:

Aaron Rogers would not be able to escape the pass rush. The Jets have way too many holes on the line. Rogers would get injured a few minutes into a game. 

in fact that's exactly what happened

the Jets would be 6-1 with Aaron Rodgers from 10 years ago maybe 

• Post of the Week 1

With the caveat that I think this past week was actually a dreadful pass blocking performance particularly from the interior OL (as to be expected when you've got a practice squad guard forced into action at center against Dexter Lawrence), I think the pass protection "issues" on the season as a whole, once again, have been largely overblown. I don't think it would be controversial to say that the worst 3 pass blocking performances (leaving aside this past week for a second) were weeks 1-3, while the best 3 were weeks 4-6. For sh*ts and giggles lets take a look at how long Zach held the ball each of those games:

Week 1: 3.29s (32nd of 32 qualifying QBs)

Week 2: 3.17 (30 of 32)

Week 3: 3.22 (33 of 33)

Week 4: 2.88 (18 of 32)

Week 5: 2.76 (13 of 27)

Week 6: 2.61 (12 of 29)

Wouldn't you know it, the offensive line looked a whole lot better when the QB wasn't holding the ball longer than any other QB in the league! In fact, the offense actually looked decent between the 20s in all of those games where Zach released the ball in under 2.9 seconds (a TTT that would still rank only 29th out of 36th, so we're not asking a lot here), including against some pretty damn good defenses in KC and PHI. Now, lets look at Rodgers average time to throw in the last 3 seasons:

2022: 2.7s (12th of 40)

2021: 2.63 (5th of 38)

2020: 2.72 (21st of 41)

Zach has only gotten the ball out quicker than 2.72 seconds in one game this year; In fact he's only done it 3 times in his career. And this is only looking at time to throw. When you combine that with Rodgers' knowledge of the game, his pre-snap recognition, his ability to identify pressures and set protections and get the offense into the correct play, yes, I think the offensive line performance would look a hell of a lot better to the naked eye.

The other major non-Zach issues with the offense, the OC and the lack of a secondary receiver better than Lazard, would also be drastically mitigated by the presence of Rodgers IMO. This offense was set up to let Rodgers get up to the line, check into the correct plays, funnel a ton of targets to Garrett Wilson as the new Davante Adams, and hammer you with Breece Hall when you drop guys out of the box. If you shaded coverage to Garrett, even though the secondary guys aren't great at creating separation Rodgers can beat you with his mind.

Well, most of that is out the window with Zach Wilson. He can't check into the correct plays, putting more importance on the initial play calling. Hell, most of the time when he checks at the line it seems he's going to the worst possible call. No one's dropping guys out of the box in fear of Zach beating them, so the running game is largely dependent on Breece hitting home runs. And Zach just isn't a good enough QB to get through his reads and hit guys that aren't wide open.

I'm not sure where they'd rank with Rodgers, but I'd have a hard time believing they wouldn't be at worst middle of the pack with a HOF QB feeding a top end WR and an all-world RB.

• Post of the Week 3

11 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Lazard is a 900 yard receiver with ARod. He’s a 450 yard wr with ZW. 

also Arod would be more decisive and get rid of the ball quicker, thus making the line look a little better than they have looked with Wilson. 

the running game would be more effective with a qb that opposing defenses respect. If ZW beats them they can live with it. There not trying to let Breece run wild. Opposing teams game plan around our run game. With ARod they would have to respect the pass as well.

actually he's never had a 900 yard season

and it certainly wasn't with Hackett

he's on pace to beat all those numbers he had with Rodgers with Zach Wilson

boom smile GIF

11 hours ago, JetFaninPatLand said:

His best year was last season and he got 788 yards.

He was targeted 100 times and caught 60 balls.

This year his stats are almost identical except he’s only on pace for 619 yards on less targets. He has 17 receptions on 29 targets (59%). 

He’s not good…..

these guys are delusional man 

sad really