HC candidates for 2024

Integrity28

Woody has always loved him some Brian Schottenheimer.

Reputation boosted by his OC gig in Dallas, Woody hands Schotty the keys to the Jets.

Seriously, I doubt Saleh gets fired. But, if he does, we will struggle to attract top offensive candidates and I don't want yet another defensive HC.

Salah and Douglas deserve one more year honestly. They put us in a good spot to compete if Aaron Rodgers was playing our season might be different. Injuries hit us early and heavily at QB and at ol. Their commitment to Zach bit us hard but the defense is great and our offense of an offensive line and a QB from being mediocre and a playmaker from there from being good so if they have one more decent off-season we could be a very competitive team. If they have an off-season like last year though they will do irreversible damage to our team.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Guys I’m high on right now that I think can be lured in with the right bait… 💰💵💰💵💰

Lions OC, Ben Johnson

Eagles OC, Brian Johnson

Georgia HC, Kirby Smart

Iowa State HC, Matt Campbell

This team definitely needs a Johnson 

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Guys I’m high on right now that I think can be lured in with the right bait… 💰💵💰💵💰

Lions OC, Ben Johnson

Eagles OC, Brian Johnson

Georgia HC, Kirby Smart

Iowa State HC, Matt Campbell

Are any of them from the offensive side of the ball 28? Oh wait, I see what you did 2 OC's I'll take that guy from Philly

Everybody gets the pass this year due to the Rodgers injury. They'll all be back next year and stay as long as Rodgers is on the team. If Rodgers performs reasonably well, Saleh likely continues beyond Rodgers because he had some success with a good QB and he can excuse his first three years as a ZW problem. 

The team is not going to rock the boat with Rodgers by bringing in a new head coach and no good head coach replacement will want to have Hackett forced on him and be married to the backside of the cost of bringing in Rodgers and his cast of misfit toys. You're asking for somebody to leave a coordinator position of a rising team to be a head coach where the QB has a hand in all your decisions, you can't shape the offense, and after a couple years the defensive roster will start to turn over because the team can't afford to keep all these good players but the salary cap is weighed down by money paid to a retired QB. That situation is how you end up with another flawed head coach for three years.