Bills Fire OC

JetsFanatic

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He could also drop off the Bills playbook on Ulbrich's desk. Granted they're going to change, but you can only change so much in 1 week.

No reason he shouldn't be a Jets consultant or some type of coach by the end of the 

Good idea. On another note, Remember his meltdown on TV last season? He'd be in handcuffs by the end of the first quarter for using Zach as a speed bag.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

Yeah bc the coach made them fumble and throw interceptions- problem solved!

WRONG! A Super Bowl contending team with two elite players on a high powered offense is 5-5 with a sputtering and inconsistent offense. Unlike the Jets who clearly except mediocrity or worse, The Bills are aggressive in correcting the ship on their way to another playoff birth.

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

What about the Special Teams coach?

I still want to know how they had 12 men on the field with the game on the line. How does that possibly happen on a FG block attempt? Special Teams are a unit - if you are in the unit you go on the field, otherwise, you don't. I still don't get that one. 

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

It’s his fault they had 12 men on the field for special teams 

57 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He is being scapegoated.  They lost b/c of a screw up on special teams and josh Allen is who he is, he was always a turnover concern and you took the good with the bad.  The real difference with the bills is that the defense has regressed which gives the offense less cushion than they had 2 yrs ago and those turnovers mean more in the outcomes. 

55 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah, things turn around in a hurry.

It is kind of funny 12 men on the field is why they lost on special teams. But hey fire the offensive coordinator.

Why were they in a position where they needed a FG block / miss to win in the first place?

This a bit like blaming the Jets D for letting LV score a TD on Sunday ... they'd have won the game if that hadn't happened. ;-) 

7 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

WRONG! A Super Bowl contending team with two elite players on a high powered offense is 5-5 with a sputtering and inconsistent offense. Unlike the Jets who clearly except mediocrity or worse, The Bills are aggressive in correcting the ship on their way to another playoff birth.

I guess we will see if this is curative this weekend, or if its a scapegoat move for losing to Denver at home. 

Just now, jamesr said:

Why were they in a position where they needed a FG block / miss to win in the first place?

This a bit like blaming the Jets D for letting LV score a TD on Sunday ... they'd have won the game if that hadn't happened. ;-) 

I understand that but The point remains the special teams coach was asleep at the wheel.

So just kind of ironic when the offensive coordinator gets fired the next day.

Josh Allen is 100% broken so I'm not questioning that part of it. The timing is funny.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jamesr said:

1) It's nothing like that. They made an inexcusable mistake with the game on the line that I have never seen before in all my years of watching football. I would love to know when the last time a team had too many men on the field for a last second FG attempt. 

2) The answer to your first question is that the Bills committed 4 turnovers. Allen has been a turnover machine for awhile now. He's feast or famine. I don't think it was Dorsey's fault that Allen threw a couple of picks or that Cook fumbled the ball. I'm not saying Dorsey is a good OC, but firing him after this particular game feels like they just wanted to punish someone for a heartbreaking loss. 

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I understand that but The point remains the special teams coach was asleep at the wheel.

Josh Allen is 100% broken so I'm not questioning that part of it. The timing is funny.

Exactly. It's the timing that is curious - especially on a short week

21 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This was actually knee-jerk and a mistake in my opinion.

Dorsey is much better than Hackett, who is still employed.

The turnovers were fluky, and even so they scored 22 pts.

Denver’s defense has actually been stifling ever since they lost to the Jets.

They shut down Mahomes in Denver.

As has been said in a thread, he's a scapegoat.  They also have the luxury of elevating Joe Brady to OC, who is a fine option and never should have been fired by the Panthers.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I guess that the concerns on offense have been building for longer, whereas the ST cock-up was an aberration. Like if we fired Bowyer after the SD game.

Look at the offense from Monday : fumble, INT, punt, TD, INT, TO on downs, TD, fumble, punt, TD. And this is a team with Superbowl aspirations.

Change the TDS to FGs and you would think it was a Jets game! :D  

• Haha 1

This is an example of why it is hard to get the HC/QB/GM right.  

• Josh Allen on a rookie deal, some good GMing on defense and Brian Daboll as OC was a winning formula.
  • McDermott the defensive coach, without Daboll, is not working.  That is often the case. 
  • Saleh is in the same boat.  
  • Daboll was a good OC, but the personnel and failures to HC is leading to a bad result.  It is not easy to transition from Coordinator to HC.  The Giants should give him plenty of rope given how well he did last year.  A good offensive HC is not easy to find.
  • I will say this on every post I make-we can complain about Saleh and Hackett all we want.  They are part of the AR8 23-24 plan.  JD should be replaced this offseason, and Saleh/Hackett go when Rodgers go. 

9 minutes ago, varjet said:

This is an example of why it is hard to get the HC/QB/GM right.  

• Josh Allen on a rookie deal, some good GMing on defense and Brian Daboll as OC was a winning formula.
  • McDermott the defensive coach, without Daboll, is not working.  That is often the case. 
  • Saleh is in the same boat.  
  • Daboll was a good OC, but the personnel and failures to HC is leading to a bad result.  It is not easy to transition from Coordinator to HC.  The Giants should give him plenty of rope given how well he did last year.  A good offensive HC is not easy to find.
  • I will say this on every post I make-we can complain about Saleh and Hackett all we want.  They are part of the AR8 23-24 plan.  JD should be replaced this offseason, and Saleh/Hackett go when Rodgers go. 

So Saleh gets no credit for the defense, that all goes to Ulbrich? The weak link in the Jets coaching has been the OC seat since Saleh has been here.  There and possible at WR since we only have one.

Who would have thought this would turn into a "at least some team isn't afraid to fire their OC" thread

...we literally just did.  Like within the year.  Do we not remember this?  What's the one constant between our two sh*tty OCs?....I need to think about this one....tricky.  Nothing comes to mind.  

An interesting day today, Bills fans are arguing with a Jets fan about how the Jets will win while the Jets fan is trying to convince them that no they won't as it's worse with Zach.   LOL

Almost all Bills fans are convinced they will lose!  What a freaking crazy season!

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/250887-will-a-win-over-the-jets-to-get-to-6-5-bring-everyone-back-in/#comments