Rodgers activated but not playing

Matt39

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Found myself earlier vigorously arguing for the continued employment of Douglas and Saleh and had to log off for a bit to reassess what I was doing and why I was having those thoughts. 2023 has been my worst year as a poster and, possibly, as a human. I will try to do better next year. 

You should be shot for defending them. 

• Upvote 1

Rodgers playing this season was always a pipe dream.  Even if the Jets were in the thick of the AFC playoff race at this stage, it was never going to realistically happen, and anyone who thought otherwise was buying into a bunch of BS.

Standing around and leisurely tossing a football around in practice is one thing.  Trying to elude NFL defensive pass rushers going at full speed while not wearing a red jersey is quite another.

You can't recover from an Achilles rupture in 3 months.  It's just not physically possible.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Rodgers playing this season was always a pipe dream.  Even if the Jets were in the thick of the AFC playoff race at this stage, it was never going to realistically happen, and anyone who thought otherwise was buying into a bunch of BS.

Standing around and leisurely tossing a football around in practice is one thing.  Trying to elude NFL defensive pass rushers going at full speed while not wearing a red jersey is quite another.

You can't recover from an Achilles rupture in 3 months.  It's just not physically possible.

I'll never forget Week 1 when Rodgers went down. MetLife was like a morgue. Everyone knew the season was over.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

I never wanted the Jets to sign him. That said I hope the  public address

announcer  says and the captain of the 2024 Jets Aaron Rodgers, as

AR runs on to the field holding the American Flag. Hopefully we play

like sh*t and make the moves sh*t canning the culprits of this season

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Found myself earlier vigorously arguing for the continued employment of Douglas and Saleh and had to log off for a bit to reassess what I was doing and why I was having those thoughts. 2023 has been my worst year as a poster and, possibly, as a human. I will try to do better next year. 

Not as bad as defending Mac circa 2016, which I was doing.

• Haha 2