Are you rooting for the Jets to beat Washington?

slimjasi

Are you rooting for the Jets to beat Washington?   

121 members have voted

1. 1. Are you rooting for the Jets to beat Washington?

12 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

No way I could ever root for Jets to lose. Tanking is losing a game on purpose. A good way to ruin the sport. Go Jets!

2 minutes ago, faba said:

Yes I never root for the Jets to lose

I couldn't root for the Jets to lose either.  I'm just rooting for them to not win or tie.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

No way I could ever root for Jets to lose. Tanking is losing a game on purpose. A good way to ruin the sport. Go Jets!

Rooting for the Jets to lose isn't the same as tanking.  I agree with your point about tanking ruining the sport.  Though I don't think the Jets have tanked before.  We won 2 of our final 3 the Trevor Lawrence year.  Meanwhile, the Jags benched Gardner Minshew for Mike Glennon the final few games of that season (aka "they tanked").

The Eagles also benched Jalen Hurts for Nate Sudfeld in the 4th quarter of the final game of the year a couple of years ago.  That cost the Giants a chance at a playoff spot plus I think the Eagles ended up picking ahead of the Giants that year as a result (and they got Devonta Smith while IIRC the Giants got Kadarius Toney).

• Upvote 2

• Jets/Commanders is the battle of two teams that do better in the long run by losing and getting a better draft pick.
  • Remember that the Commanders are owned by the people that brought you The Process in Philadelphia.  It is a definite strategy to lose now to win later. 
  • Thus, I predict that the Jets “lose” this game by winning. 
  • I think a team with a QB learning to win and an LT to block for him is better off trying to learn to win and build a foundation.  But for a team like the Jets with massive holes in the offensive roster, we need draft picks.

49 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Me at the bar in the Chinese restaurant getting lit up on mai tai’s while rooting for a Jets loss and for someone on the Texans to rip out both of Jaxon Smith Njigba’s hamstrings before he scores again and I have to go into Christmas with @Beerfish mocking me in my mentions:

IMG_4747.jpeg

Last time I got drunk at a Chinese Restaurant,  it was 1998 at a place on Broadway in South Boston near the Red Line station. Beat the sh*t out of a guy over nonsense, threw $20 bucks on the bar and hauled ass. Ran into a cop friend of mine outside Store 24 (convenience store chain) and convinced him to give me a ride in his patrol car to a different bar on the other side of Southie. 100% true story.

I was what people used to refer to as "a problem". 😆 

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Me at the bar in the Chinese restaurant getting lit up on mai tai’s while rooting for a Jets loss and for someone on the Texans to rip out both of Jaxon Smith Njigba’s hamstrings before he scores again and I have to go into Christmas with @Beerfish mocking me in my mentions:

IMG_4747.jpeg

The ghost of Christmas present is a bitch but just wait for the Ghost of Christmas yet to come when JSN becomes a star in future years.

Also your new years gift?   Some kind of Derrick Carr flag waving ceremony as he leads the Saints into the playoffs.

• Upvote 1