Jets worst 5 year stretch in NFL history

What makes anyone think next season will be any better than this one?...

Rodgers is a year older, coming off a catastrophic injury...

A year from now, the firings will be underway, and a disgusted Rodgers will retire just to get the stench of the Jets off of him...

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Bringing in the worst oc in the league by a country mile and drafting a developmental rush end in the 1st round last year just clinched it.

As if Aaron Rodgers is too stupid to learn a new system.

..or that letting Rodgers just do whatever the hell he wants was just automatically a good idea. Part of the reason he got so hangry in GB was he got told "no", but sometimes, people work best with limits.

2 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

A year from now, the firings will be underway, and a disgusted Rodgers will retire just to get the stench of the Jets off of him...

This is 100% correct.  Next year is a wasted year.

This time next year it will be known that Saleh and JD are getting fired and Rodgers is retiring.  The Jets will be in the market for a new GM/HC - and preparing to draft a QB.

Which means, of course, 2024/25 season is wasted too by starting a rookie QB.

Ugh!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

This time next year it will be known that Saleh and JD are getting fired and Rodgers is retiring.  The Jets will be in the market for a new GM/HC - and preparing to draft a QB.

Ugh!

Absolutely no way there will be a Playoff game for this team next year with Hackett still employed.  Don’t care if Rodgers checks out of every play.  No way he’s playing a full season.  Waste.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

When you stop and think about it, how stupid are we to care so much about this god forsaken franchise? What’s wrong with us?

I'm becoming more convinced that it's all a grand, long term social experiment in thought control, mob compliance and stress tolerance. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Well the issue is that Rodgers is very much to blame for the disgusting offense.

His buddies, Lazard, Cobb, Tunrer, Boyle, he liked Dalvin Cook, his oc.  All of these moves influenced every bit of our off season strategy.

Douglas is to blame for making it more about Rodgers than the team.  Rodgers is just as much to blame for the trash players and coaches brought in here.

But the point is, offense was complete trash for 4 years BEFORE Aaron rodgers was even a thought. That’s ALL JD

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, rangerous said:

15.7 ppg just isn’t going to cut it.  They red to be around 24 ppg to be respectable.  This is mostly on saleh for not understanding offense.  He should never have been head coach.

The 85 Bears gave up an average of 12 points a game.

We should’ve gone undefeated!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Ugh!

The circle of life!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

I’m not optimistic at all.  We will probably draft another DE.  Zach will be back and another fluke injury away from being the full time starting qb again

nothing will change until woody is gone

9 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Absolutely no way there will be a Playoff game for this team next year with Hackett still employed.  Don’t care if Rodgers checks out of every play.  No way he’s playing a full season.  Waste.

Rodgers is his own OC.  Just like how Adam Gase did nothing but get coffee for Peyton Manning

17 hours ago, BP said:

Woody and Christopher are steadfast in sustaining this rigid consistency.

The Jets' coach is AGAIN a  beeper salesman in an i-phone world. Jets continue to pretend they can win NFL games 10-6 and somehow the defense can almost shut out the opposition every week. Keep hiring the same kind of mindset, like scoring TDs and passing effectively are some kind of evil fad rather than how things work. 

19 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

When you stop and think about it, how stupid are we to care so much about this god forsaken franchise? What’s wrong with us?

For the first time in over 50 yrs, I can see myself turning the page on this team. Hard to believe I'm saying this.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I’m not optimistic at all.  We will probably draft another DE.  Zach will be back and another fluke injury away from being the full time starting qb again

nothing will change until woody is gone

I mean if we draft another DE we have the dumbest GM ever

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Only further supported by how many of the responses in this thread alone are trying to divert the blame onto anyone but the actual one individual person who's been responsible for that entire stretch.

At this point, I'm just convinced there's no more to it other than some refusing to accept how wrong they were when JD got the completely undeserved love fest thrown at him early on, before he had actually done anything.

The blame belongs 100% to Woody Johnson

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I'm becoming more convinced that it's all a grand, long term social experiment in thought control, mob compliance and stress tolerance. 

A Hitchhiker's Guide to the NFL.