Jets already locked in between picks 6-8, and may pick #8 no matter what they do vs. NE?

35 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If the jets were in the qb hunt in round 1, i could see a huge difference between 6 and 8 and every slot.  But since they’re going OL, the main difference is that if they wind up 6th, they have a much better shot at a top 2 LT, since I believe at least the giants (and probably NE) aren’t going OL.  I think the giants go best wr and pats go qb.  So picking 6th, that sets the jets up to get that LT.  

But since they’re probably 8th in this scenario, they’re probably going to lose out on the 2 LTs b/c Tenn and LA need OL badly.  So i think the consolation prize here is the best RT. 

So important to lose this weekend. If we could move AVT to RT full time (with a full offseason training and conditioning at that position) that would open up a lot of possibilities for us. Then we could look to

• sign a vet LT
  • draft a LT 
  • sign a guard

Suddenly our OL looks a lot better

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

So important to lose this weekend. If we could move AVT to RT full time (with a full offseason training and conditioning at that position) that would open up a lot of possibilities for us. Then we could look to

• sign a vet LT
  • draft a LT 
  • sign a guard

If they can get a LT in round 1 it makes things easier but even so, have to doubt they pick 6th and if they’re 8, they have to approach the offseason as if they’re not getting a top 2 LT.  Would they risk moving avt back to LT with the vision of picking a Rt?  Maybe, if they have to.  It may wind up being the plan.  

• Upvote 1

I love how we act under the assumption all 3 first QB's off the board are going to be good when every other draft in recent histroy tells us one or two if not all could be busts/average. 

I would love nothing more to see NE with a rookie QB next year who struggles and never pans out rather then face Jacobey Brisset or another proven Vet they bring in to compete against us next year. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I’m going to eat a half dozen loaded bake potatos and continue watching all 5 of the Harry Callahan movies Sunday. It will “ Make my day!” 

half dozen ??   I'm glad to see you cutting back and eating healthier these days !

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sure, but what are the chances of drafting the worst quarterback in football three times in a row? 

Lol, if JD drafts a QB this year the odds might be good it'll be four, not three.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

If the jets were in the qb hunt in round 1, i could see a huge difference between 6 and 8 and every slot.  But since they’re going OL, the main difference is that if they wind up 6th, they have a much better shot at a top 2 LT, since I believe at least the giants (and probably NE) aren’t going OL.  I think the giants go best wr and pats go qb.  So picking 6th, that sets the jets up to get that LT.  

But since they’re probably 8th in this scenario, they’re probably going to lose out on the 2 LTs b/c Tenn and LA need OL badly.  So i think the consolation prize here is the best RT. 

The top 3 picks are Williams, Maye, and Marvin Harrison Jr., in that order. There are 2 available elite LTs, Fashanu and Alt. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You're laughing at a Vrabel/Maye pairing when we've been trotting out Robert Saleh and Zach Wilson the last 3 years?

No, I'm definitely laughing at our Saleh/Wilson pairing.  I couldn't give a flying **** about a Vrabel/Maye pairing.  If that keeps you up at night you need some valium.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jigsaw89 said:

Dradt a QB until u have one. 

Rodgers will likely be mediocre and once he retires we will return to QB hell.  We aren't getting Tom Bradys 40's out of AR8.

MICHAEL PENNIX NEEDS TO BE THE PICK.  

Trade Rodgers for fields so the QB the bears pick at 1 can sit behind Rodgers for a year and learn.

If they can get a LT in round 1 it makes things easier but even so, have to doubt they pick 6th and if they’re 8, they have to approach the offseason as if they’re not getting a top 2 LT.  Would they risk moving avt back to LT with the vision of picking a Rt?  Maybe, if they have to.  It may wind up being the plan.  

I think we'll be signing or trading for a LT in free agency regardless of where we pick for insurance and if we miss out on the top LTs and draft a RT then we keep AVT at guard.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think we'll be signing or trading for a LT in free agency regardless of where we pick for insurance and if we miss out on the top LTs and draft a RT then we keep AVT at guard.

I agree that is plan A but there just aren’t many decent LTs available in FA and there will be competition.  So I’m assuming they swing and miss on a LT in Fa and go to plan B

It’s time they let AVT play his best position which is LG. Period. Best for both him and the team. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

Jets are gonna beat New England and people should just prepare for that however they need to

we already know what they will say...

we win

JN: I hate Saleh, he cost us draft position in another meaniless win..

we lose

JN: I hate Saleh. he cant even beat a bad team like NE and end the streak.

Saleh loses either way.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, doitny said:

we already know what they will say...

we win

JN: I hate Saleh, he cost us draft position in another meaniless win..

we lose

JN: I hate Saleh. he cant even beat a bad team like NE and end the streak.

Saleh loses either way.

Lol well, Saleh sucks either way.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I love how we act under the assumption all 3 first QB's off the board are going to be good when every other draft in recent histroy tells us one or two if not all could be busts/average. 

I would love nothing more to see NE with a rookie QB next year who struggles and never pans out rather then face Jacobey Brisset or another proven Vet they bring in to compete against us next year. 

There is so much Patsie trauma still around on this board.

"OMG, if we win the Patsies will draft a QB and destroy us for another 20 years".

Like you, I want to see them suck regardless of who they draft. I mean, look how well their last 1st round QB panned out, posters here were convinced they'd "got it right" after his first year. :D 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

• sign a vet LT
  • draft a LT 
  • sign a guard

Saleh with his interchangeable OL position players crap is the main reason I want him gone.  AVT is a LG.  Just stop it.  Can't we just play regular football like all everyone else!   

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I’ve seen it posted we can pick as low as #12 with a win, and as high as #5 with a loss. Factoring in SOS as the first tie breaker, it seems our highest slot is #6 - which we may not even control - and lowest is #8.

Based on https://www.tankathon.com/nfl:

IMG_0348.jpeg

Jets can’t pick lower than #8:

We’re the only 6-win team. If we win we’ll be at worst one of four 7-win teams, assuming all of the 7-win teams lose their final games.

2 of the 3 other 7-win teams will still have a harder-enough SOS which puts them behind the Jets no matter what.

Vikings have the same SOS heading into this final week. If the Jets win it will make their SOS easier (via another opponent loss), and if the Vikings lose it will make their cumulative SOS harder (via another opponent win).

So it seems Jets win a SOS tie breaker against any/all other 7-win teams no matter what.

With a Jets win, they still can’t pick any lower than their current slot at #8.

Jets can’t pick higher than #6:

Assume Jets lose and all 3 teams currently at 5-11 win. Jets would leapfrog 2 of those 3 because we still have an easier SOS.

The Giants, with a win, would probably have the same SOS as the Jets with another loss to NE (seems that close without doing the math). Jets won head to head (the next tie breaker), giving the Giants the higher pick. IOW the Jets can’t pick ahead of the NYG no matter what happens this weekend.

With a Jets loss and a 4-way tie at 6-11 the Jets would pick 6th.

Jets may not control their own slot no matter what they do on Sunday:

As just noted above we can’t leapfrog the Giants if we lose and they win, and we also can’t get leapfrogged by any current 7-win teams even if we win and they all lose.

The only teams the Jets can leapfrog are the 5-11 Chargers and 5-11 Titans. If the Chargers and Titans both lose this weekend, they’ll of course both still pick ahead of the Jets.

If the Chargers and Titans both lose, then the Jets pick 8th whether they win or lose (or tie) against New England.

Losing just to make NE’s pick lower?:

A Jets loss to NE could drop NE lower by 1-2 slots…or not at all.

The Chargers and Titans can’t leapfrog NE because of harder SOS thus far (which only gets “harder” still if they lose Sunday, and NE’s SOS gets easier if they beat the Jets).

The Jets-Pats outcome also may not matter if Wash, Ari, and NYG lose out themselves, which seems likely against Dallas, Seattle, and Philadelphia, respectively, even if some starters are rested.

So the Jets-Pats game result might not even change the draft slot for either team no matter who wins. 

***caveat: I woke up in the middle of the night, so I’m not on full sleep. Therefore feel free to correct me if I’m off or way off here, lol. I guessed a separation of .003-.005 in SOS (at this stage of the season) represents 1 opponent win/loss, since no one seemed to be separated by less than that. But in fairness I admittedly didn’t add up all the cumulative wins/losses myself, and took this shortcut with the Jets (.507) and Giants (.511), guessing a Jets loss and Giants win would settle both teams’ SOS as a tie at/around .509-ish.

If Jets pick at 8, the Titans will snatch Joe Alt out from under them.

Here is how I expect it to go:

1. BEARS - MHJ 

2. WASHINGTON - Caleb (and they will be SORRY they did)

3. PATS - Drake Maye - But idf BB Stays, it will be JJ McCarthy

4. CARDS -  FASHANU (could be Alt, but more likely, Fashanu)

5. GIANTS - A QB.  Probably Jaden Daniels

6. CHARGERS - If BB Goes There, It could be be JJ McCarthy.  Could trade Herbert for a boatload of picks.  That would be a BB move.   If BB does not go there, it will be the best WR,  Probably Nabers

7. TITANS - Joe Alt (F**K !!! Jets miss out by one spot !!!)

8. JETS - Fauaga,  or JC Latham or Fautanu.  Probably Fauaga.  Also a strong possibility is Brock Bowers if JD arranges two OT's in FA

9. FALCONS - A QB.  Probably Penix

10. BEARS - Dallas Turner

*** I HOPE the Jets move up by one spot.  That would pretty much assure that they will get Joe Alt or at least Fashanu

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

If Jets pick at 8, the Titans will snatch Joe Alt out from under them.

Here is how I expect it to go:

1. BEARS - MHJ 

2. WASHINGTON - Caleb (and they will be SORRY they did)

3. PATS - Drake Maye - But idf BB Stays, it will be JJ McCarthy

4. CARDS -  FASHANU (could be Alt, but more likely, Fashanu)

5. GIANTS - A QB.  Probably Jaden Daniels

6. CHARGERS - If BB Goes There, It could be be JJ McCarthy.  Could trade Herbert for a boatload of picks.  That would be a BB move.   If BB does not go there, it will be the best WR,  Probably Nabers

7. TITANS - Joe Alt (F**K !!! Jets miss out by one spot !!!)

8. JETS - Fauaga,  or JC Latham or Fautanu.  Probably Fauaga.  Also a strong possibility is Brock Bowers if JD arranges two OT's in FA

9. FALCONS - A QB.  Probably Penix

10. BEARS - Dallas Turner

*** I HOPE the Jets move up by one spot.  That would pretty much assure that they will get Joe Alt or at least Fashanu

there is no way BB would trade Herbert a proven good QB for a drafted QB. hell if he wants to do that he might as well stay in NE.

BB is 27 wins away from breaking the record. with Herbert he could break it in maybe 2 definitely 3 years. with a rookie QB he might never get it.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TommyT said:

The Washington win was costly.

So was the Bills, or Eagles, or Giants, or Broncos, or Texans wins with that mindset.....

They play to win games...this idea that when they hit a certain part of the seaon they will start losing for draft position is a fantasy. All loses and wins matter equally. 

• Thumb Down 3

6 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

So was the Bills, or Eagles, or Giants, or Broncos, or Texans wins with that mindset.....

They play to win games...this idea that when they hit a certain part of the seaon they will start losing for draft position is a fantasy. All loses and wins matter equally. 

we were eliminated from the playoffs when we beat Washington. Terrible win.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Saleh with his interchangeable OL position players crap is the main reason I want him gone.  AVT is a LG.  Just stop it.  Can't we just play regular football like all everyone else!   

Yeah it is one of those things are good in theory but the lack of chemistry and increase in injuries are too much. Pick a spot and and let that guy stay there.

• Upvote 1