3 hours ago, Ghost said:

I can’t believe people pay for all this sh*t. Get yourself a good IPTV. I pay $9 a month and do not need your cock or peacock or this tv or that tv. 

why it's everyone's right to do what they want, many people don't believe in stealing.  which is essentially what you are suggesting.

but the providers need to make it simple and fair pricing.   remember everyone use to steal music.  then Itunes came out.  made it easy and fair pricing.  majority of people stopped stealing music.

many service providers are forgetting the fair pricing piece.

• More Ugh 3

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

Good post...same story here. Like you, I'm busy this time of year so don't get to watch much boob-tube. But Peacock, Amazon/prime are enough. Wife signed up for netflix. Son has YouTube and shares his account with me, although I haven't watched it much.

Good luck with tax season!

Ahhh.. now I remember you!!!!  Still trying to grow or are you satisfied with where you're at.

I'm down to about 100 clients.  No interest in working much but enjoy the clients that I didn't sell.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Ahhh.. now I remember you!!!!  Still trying to grow or are you satisfied with where you're at.

I'm down to about 100 clients.  No interest in working much but enjoy the clients that I didn't sell.

Good deal. I'm still growing, I guess! I lose around 10 clients per year and pick up 20-30. I opened a new office in 2020 (just in time for Covid!) and grew from around 70 to 130. Shooting for 150 this year. I also own an engineering firm (Jameson Engineered Construction) that works in residential and commercial construction, but in upstate NY that business goes into semi-hibernation. Which is when Pickle Hill Tax Service takes off!

Good luck to your year!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, redlichtie said:

Absolutely, there’s an excellent Cavendish documentary about(think it might be Netflix) He’s a complex guy, can be spiky but I actually love that he’s who he is, absolutely no BS with the guy and an insane talent, been through some tough times too, easy to root for like you say. 

I have seen the documentary.  It was very good.  One of the things I like about him is I get the impression that he is the exact same guy that you see on screen.  Nothing fake about him.

One of my favorite moments in cycling was last year's final stage of the Giro, when Geraint Thomas, just after cracking the day before and losing the GC, led Cav out to win the stage.  There is a part of me that hopes Cavendish sits out the Giro this year.  Let that win in Rome be his last Giro moment.

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Best.  Name.  Ever. 👍

Thanks! Pickle Hill was the nick-name of my neighborhood years ago. An old acquaintance of my mom said when he was a boy, they'd ride their bikes out here in the summer hoping that a dock worker would toss them a dill pickle. That was their summer treat. I liked it and used it! No one's gonna steal my name!

• Upvote 1

Up here in the great white north, the game is on the CTV network which is free. (Yes even with bunny ears)

I'm not a techie by any means but with a good VPN, you guys can fake being up here and watch the game. 

Maybe someone smarter can figure this out. Asking you guys to pay MORE is just blatanty greedy. 

Fight the Power!

https://www.ctv.ca/on-air?tab=schedule

• Upvote 2

I’m not planning to watch the game on Saturday night.  I can afford the $6 but it’s the principle behind it.  I don’t want to have to do the whole sign up and then cancel thing either.  

I stream some things for my kids but all my sports I watch on cable.  It gets interesting because at times I’ll text friends watching a game and they are on a delay and find out the play before they see it when streaming.   

• Upvote 3

LOL

Jet fans:

”I’ll pay 25K for PSLs and a small ransom for my season tickets, parking, concessions, merch like my “officialy licensed” Jets thermal underwear”

Also Jet fans:

”Eff the NFL if they think I’m a sucker who’ll pay $50 for a 1-year subscription to Peacock so I can watch playoff games that are actually interesting and entertaining” 

Think About It GIF by Identity

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, prime21 said:

The future is here.  I don't think it will stop here so buckle up for how games may be presented to audiences.   I know its hard for us old folk to accept but streaming is the the future of the NFL.

Well if it Peacock better get some more bandwidth. I tried watching the Buffalo Miami game and the stuttering was rough

On 1/11/2024 at 2:42 PM, prime21 said:

The future is here.  I don't think it will stop here so buckle up for how games may be presented to audiences.   I know its hard for us old folk to accept but streaming is the the future of the NFL.

I would prefer a full streaming model for NFL games.... but with an à la carte selection option. $19.99 to watch my team this week? OK. Maybe. 😆 

$500 for the whole schedule which I won't watch and 3-4 weeks the Jets will be nationally broadcast, anyway? Nah.

• Upvote 1

On 1/9/2024 at 6:08 PM, EM31 said:

Catchontv and a decent VPN.  Best decision I ever made.  $40/yr for the VPN and $80/year for the IPTV service which enables three device codes.

$80 for iptv? wooo that's alot. $25

Anyone find it unusual that the KC/MIA game is being touted as one of the coldest in NFL history. But in Buffalo, where the temps won't get as dangerously cold as KC, they're moving the game to Monday. I guess if Peacock is paying the big bucks, they want it in the timeslot they pushed for - damn the fans.